Pro cats install

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 07:18 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pro cats install

Hey guys,

I'm gonna pick up the pro-cats. I wanna install these my self but can't seem to find any good DIY instructions. Any helpful hints on install and removing the rear cat? What has been the ave. time for install? Thanks in advance!
Courtney
Old 07-15-2007, 08:00 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Old 07-15-2007, 08:42 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by hollandca12
Hey guys,

I'm gonna pick up the pro-cats. I wanna install these my self but can't seem to find any good DIY instructions. Any helpful hints on install and removing the rear cat? What has been the ave. time for install? Thanks in advance!
Courtney

There is a write up on this somewhere on the thread.....

If you cant find it ask Excellerate he should be able to hook you up
Old 07-16-2007, 11:42 AM
ITL
I do my own work.

For the rear cat, I removed the shield while the cat was still on the block. This allowed me enough room to pull the cat out from the top once unbolted. E-shift cat doesn't require the shield, so the aftermarket piece went down in the same way, no shield, and bolted right up.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:39 PM
I (don't) whine.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Black_05_TL_6SP
If you are handy with tools it is something you could do yourself. It was really hard, you ust have to take alot apart. To do this install, you will need to put it up on jackstands, then

1)Remove all the plastic shrouding under the hood, the strut bar and the engine cover.

2) You will need to remove the passenger side electric fan. They are sepereate so one can be removed with out the other having to come out.

3) The Cruise Control Module on the passenger side of the motor will need to be unbolted and just moved out over the motor. (This will free up room to bring the cat up through the engine bay.

4) Remove the Plastic under carrage cover that runs under the drivers side of the car.

5) You can then remove the mid pipe, this is the pipe that connects the front cats to the back cat.

6) Then the rear cat can be removed.

7) You will need to unplug the O2 sensor and pull the harness loose from the car, do not try to remove it from the cat while still in the car.

8) You can then remove the front cat.

9) Now on the rear, you will want to remove the heat shielding from the cat before unbolting it from the head.

10) Once shroud is removed you can unbolt it. You will want to pull it up and out of the top of the engine.

To put back together, do it all in reverse order. This is the quick and easy steps. Its really not that bad, and with minor install ability, you should be able to do this.

The only thing I would add to this is I installed the Rear Cat by bringing it up from under the car. I couldn't get it lined up from bringing it in up top. I had to remove the axcel sheild to get it in from the bottom. I got it lined up and put on the nuts on but before I tighten them up I had to put the sheild back on. Other than that it went pretty well.

I did take a couple of shots and they can be found here:

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/quentin...460762384690908
Old 07-16-2007, 06:42 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by ussi
Originally Posted by Black_05_TL_6SP
If you are handy with tools it is something you could do yourself. It was really hard, you ust have to take alot apart. To do this install, you will need to put it up on jackstands, then

1)Remove all the plastic shrouding under the hood, the strut bar and the engine cover.

2) You will need to remove the passenger side electric fan. They are sepereate so one can be removed with out the other having to come out.

3) The Cruise Control Module on the passenger side of the motor will need to be unbolted and just moved out over the motor. (This will free up room to bring the cat up through the engine bay.

4) Remove the Plastic under carrage cover that runs under the drivers side of the car.

5) You can then remove the mid pipe, this is the pipe that connects the front cats to the back cat.

6) Then the rear cat can be removed.

7) You will need to unplug the O2 sensor and pull the harness loose from the car, do not try to remove it from the cat while still in the car.

8) You can then remove the front cat.

9) Now on the rear, you will want to remove the heat shielding from the cat before unbolting it from the head.

10) Once shroud is removed you can unbolt it. You will want to pull it up and out of the top of the engine.

To put back together, do it all in reverse order. This is the quick and easy steps. Its really not that bad, and with minor install ability, you should be able to do this.

The only thing I would add to this is I installed the Rear Cat by bringing it up from under the car. I couldn't get it lined up from bringing it in up top. I had to remove the axcel sheild to get it in from the bottom. I got it lined up and put on the nuts on but before I tighten them up I had to put the sheild back on. Other than that it went pretty well.

I did take a couple of shots and they can be found here:

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/quentin...460762384690908
link is dead ussi
Old 07-16-2007, 07:30 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 594 Likes on 457 Posts
If you unbolt the cruise control module and move it out of the way you will have plenty of room to pull the rear cat up (after removing the heat shield )and drop the pro-cat back down.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:56 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by pohljm
If you unbolt the cruise control module and move it out of the way you will have plenty of room to pull the rear cat up (after removing the heat shield )and drop the pro-cat back down.
Ok, it still looks pretty tight behind the engine. What is the best tool to loosen heat shield and remove cat. I'm not sure if I'll be able to locate the snap-on tool pictured in the thread.
Old 07-17-2007, 10:41 AM
ITL
I do my own work.

Originally Posted by hollandca12
Ok, it still looks pretty tight behind the engine. What is the best tool to loosen heat shield and remove cat. I'm not sure if I'll be able to locate the snap-on tool pictured in the thread.
ratchet and sockets.