Old 11-17-2009, 03:41 PM
I got the Shifts

Received 230 Likes on 163 Posts
the pipin will have to be shortened like so
Old 11-17-2009, 03:42 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 668 Likes on 390 Posts
Originally Posted by TheChamp531
understood. Of course you're not directly insulting Rodney's turbo, but you are indirectly. You've got to realize that in 5-6 years of our car's existence, noone ever suceeded in getting the turbo to work on our cars (especially tuning). Now he has spent over 10k fabbing this turbo, and a thread like this appears. If a cheaper turbo comes out from parts from ebay and a simple tune than he LOSES money. He wasted his TIME. He wasted his HARD WORK. All for nothing. He faced odds and criticism in the beginning from countless people until he showed videos and pictures of dynos in the turbo thread. Banelba was criticized even more and was thrown to the curve especially when his tranny died on the first day he drove with the turbo. We can be respectful and discuss via PM or in the future when Rodney's turbo is out and running, not when it is still doing R&D.

You're going to make everyone think, Can I get this for cheaper? Screw Rodney, I'm going to get a 3k kit, and forget his 7k kit. I know you don't mean to say that, but indirectly you are saying it loud and clear. Also a 2G with a 3G tranny is not a 3G. Almost like comparing a ZR1 and a C06
not to sound like a jerk so no disrespect to rodney or any other 3g person supporting his turbo. but how is it anyones problem if someone comes out with a cheaper turbo that does end up working. i commend him for what hes done but if theres a easier proven way why not. thats just life you work your ass off just to see someone come in and do it in half the time.
Old 11-17-2009, 03:48 PM
I got the Shifts

so they can sit flush like this
Old 11-17-2009, 03:50 PM
I got the Shifts

Originally Posted by p.diddy
not to sound like a jerk so no disrespect to rodney or any other 3g person supporting his turbo. but how is it anyones problem if someone comes out with a cheaper turbo that does end up working. i commend him for what hes done but if theres a easier proven way why not. thats just life you work your ass off just to see someone come in and do it in half the time.
u really shouldnt be talking pdiddy. dont you know that your CL has nothing in common with the 3rd gen tl's man?

Old 11-17-2009, 03:56 PM
Chapter Leader (San Antonio)

Received 433 Likes on 319 Posts
Because we're using his "invention" and making it cheaper. He would've easily left every1 out of the loop and most people wouldn't know anything about the turbo but he gave us loads of info. People that do stuff that I do in half the time, just means the work isn't 100% or their on something (not saying I'm good or anything). Tuning the turbo was the hardest part I believe and with help from AV6 and others, he finally accomplished it. Now we're going to use the same method he tuned with along with cheaper Turbo parts to build a cheaper turbo? Disrespectful. That's all I'm saying. I can go on and on about morale and life lessons (I will win I guarantee you that just because of my life experiences), but this is just being courteous to his work. Being gratitude to what he has done, and achieved for.

Yes I know my comparison between the 2G TL and 3G TL, the C6 and ZR1 was bad, but you only commented on one thing instead others, because at the end of the day you know I'm right. Ignorant to say the least and the fact that you're not driving a 3G and have not seen how much work has put into this just shows a lot of what you know. I have read threads since the beginning, because my cousin owned a TL when it first came out, but never registered. He attempted to be the "first" turbo, but never suceeded eventually spending over 15k on parts/labor/dyno pulls (of course he was stupid to work on it all on his own). Failed.

This thread is just like TL-S12 or w/e trying to say he can tune his car to surpass 320 WHP on just a tune and a straight exhaust. Pointless arguments, destroy the ethic of hard work, and destroying what someone has done so kindly for all of us. Yes I know this shouldn't go too far, and this shouldn't be an argument, but once again, this is another cheap way to get your car fast.

Pay to play.

Last edited by TheChamp531; 11-17-2009 at 03:59 PM.
Old 11-17-2009, 03:58 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 104 Likes on 65 Posts
we already have a poorman's turbo in our cars.. vtec!
Old 11-17-2009, 03:58 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by phee
u really shouldnt be talking pdiddy. dont you know that your CL has nothing in common with the 3rd gen tl's man?

i had to say something im tired of all these people crying that rodney wasted his time. companies one up each other all the time like this and i dont see anyone saying anything.
Old 11-17-2009, 04:03 PM
Avant Garde Wheels

Received 348 Likes on 291 Posts

i had to say something im tired of all these people crying that rodney wasted his time. companies one up each other all the time like this and i dont see anyone saying anything.
ding ding ding.

RV6 strut bar comes one.

heeltoe comes out with a solid one.. oh noeezz.. heeltoe came out with a better solid bar... zomggg............

ATLP comes out with J-pipe
then XLR8 j-pipe comes out..

oh noeezzzz......... we haz same j-pipe.. zomgg...

ATLP comes out with V2 j-pipe
RV6 comes out with V2 j-pipe..

zomggg.........

?
Old 11-17-2009, 04:04 PM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,841 Likes on 8,573 Posts
majofo: the injectors can be taken up to 8-9 lbs of boost before they start gunking up. after that you can push it but you will have reliability issues. my recommendation would be to use RC injectors or S2k injectors.
^ were those issues witnessed during tuning? scary.. how about the rails & fuel pump, any issues there?
Old 11-17-2009, 04:04 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by jjashaa
ding ding ding.

RV6 strut bar comes one.

heeltoe comes out with a solid one.. oh noeezz.. heeltoe came out with a better solid bar... zomggg............
exactly.
Old 11-17-2009, 04:09 PM

That's called competition. Do you know Microsoft, Apple, IBM, Exxon, Valero, Shell, or Walmart company? Do you work for them? Are you a higher executive? Do you know the Board of Directors? All of these companies all started with 1 person with a dream. Rodney is still beginning. He is someone we KNOW. Rodney is not a Corporation. Rodney is 1 person. Walmart, IBM, Microsoft, Exxon are made up of thousands. At the same time, they're people saying something, but you're obviously not reading or researching the right material. The media is biased, that is probably where you get all your information from. The news, the newspaper, the only non-biased news source is the internet. One of only things truly good about the internet is the "true" freedom that it brings.
Old 11-17-2009, 04:10 PM
Suzuka Master

Because we're using his "invention" and making it cheaper. He would've easily left every1 out of the loop and most people wouldn't know anything about the turbo but he gave us loads of info. People that do stuff that I do in half the time, just means the work isn't 100% or their on something (not saying I'm good or anything). Tuning the turbo was the hardest part I believe and with help from AV6 and others, he finally accomplished it. Now we're going to use the same method he tuned with along with cheaper Turbo parts to build a cheaper turbo? Disrespectful. That's all I'm saying. I can go on and on about morale and life lessons (I will win I guarantee you that just because of my life experiences), but this is just being courteous to his work. Being gratitude to what he has done, and achieved for.

Yes I know my comparison between the 2G TL and 3G TL, the C6 and ZR1 was bad, but you only commented on one thing instead others, because at the end of the day you know I'm right. Ignorant to say the least and the fact that you're not driving a 3G and have not seen how much work has put into this just shows a lot of what you know. I have read threads since the beginning, because my cousin owned a TL when it first came out, but never registered. He attempted to be the "first" turbo, but never suceeded eventually spending over 15k on parts/labor/dyno pulls (of course he was stupid to work on it all on his own). Failed.

This thread is just like TL-S12 or w/e trying to say he can tune his car to surpass 320 WHP on just a tune and a straight exhaust. Pointless arguments, destroy the ethic of hard work, and destroying what someone has done so kindly for all of us. Yes I know this shouldn't go too far, and this shouldn't be an argument, but once again, this is another cheap way to get your car fast.

Pay to play.
first off if your so worried about your "invention" being copied dont put it out like that for others to copy. just saying. also i quoted that one part because you and others kept saying that and i just wanted to put my on what i thought about that statement. so know at the end of the day no i dont think your right but if thinking that makes you sleep better at night knock yourself out.
Old 11-17-2009, 04:11 PM

ding ding ding.

RV6 strut bar comes one.

ATLP comes out with J-pipe
then XLR8 j-pipe comes out..

oh noeezzzz......... we haz same j-pipe.. zomgg...

ATLP comes out with V2 j-pipe
RV6 comes out with V2 j-pipe..

zomggg.........

?
How hard was it too make any of these? How common sense was it too make any of these? XLR8 J-pipe is still better than both the RV6 V2 and ATLP V2. Why can't they do better? You're comparing bolt-ons to a blower.
Old 11-17-2009, 04:12 PM
I got the Shifts

Pay to play.
see, now you took it a bit too far. not only have you insulted my intelligence but you have shown what a completely arrogant and uninformed person you are.

If you feel the need to belittle others due to the fact that what you stated was incorrect.

the 3g and 2g tl's have the same engine. only small changes were made to the 3rd generation tl. if you would like a crash course on this information id be more than happy to educate you via PM.

Also, i did have a 3g tl. When i was 18 and my transmission blew on my 2nd gen. i have ridden in it, i know many people with them and i have taken apart more 3rd generation tl's than you can count on one hand. So your blind assumption of my ignorance just shows how little you actually know.

Your passive aggressive remark as to me not driving a 3G tl because of my "ignorance" is completely uncalled for. I could very well afford a 3g tl, but at my age and with my other responsibilities i chalked it up to a 2g because of the affordability and i swapped it.

so all in all, i spent less than a 3g would have cost and my performance supercedes what most 3g tl's can claim. so next time you feel the need to insult my intelligence or question my knowledge about these cars feel free to use the search button and view my post history.

since you have refused to leave the comparisons to rodneys kit out of this one can argue that your constant beligerent assumptions about this being a slap in the face would actually bring the comparison into others minds.
wouldnt you say that you are doing the comparison for other people? therefore showing them that it is possible without rodney?

its been stated what this thread is about and you continue to bounce around bringing up another turbo kit that is on the market.

this is the nature of the game. Someone invents and someone else finds ways to do it cheaper. thats called evolution of the market.

in order for the consumer to succeed there must be competition.

Youre intelligen, right? dont tell me you thought rodney was going to monopolize the turbo market.

richie V6 came in and undercut ATLP in their endeavors and both companies are doing fine arent they? those that want the shiner parts go for the pricier vendor.

those that just want the performance go for the best bang for the buck.

your comparison of rodney not being a corporation is null because none of us are corporations either. this thread is purely informative and nowhere has anyone stated that they are going to start a company to compete against rodney. its just not happening. Chances are that people reading this thread werent going to buy rodneys kit anyway so its not like he is losing a customer.

i was one of the guys who signed up stating that i would buy it if it came out for the 2g. thats not happening and since the engines are identical as well as the subframe, participating in this thread will help me in my endeavors.
now fuck off

Last edited by phee; 11-17-2009 at 04:15 PM.
Old 11-17-2009, 04:14 PM
Suzuka Master

That's called competition. Do you know Microsoft, Apple, IBM, Exxon, Valero, Shell, or Walmart company? Do you work for them? Are you a higher executive? Do you know the Board of Directors? All of these companies all started with 1 person with a dream. Rodney is still beginning. He is someone we KNOW. Rodney is not a Corporation. Rodney is 1 person. Walmart, IBM, Microsoft, Exxon are made up of thousands. At the same time, they're people saying something, but you're obviously not reading or researching the right material. The media is biased, that is probably where you get all your information from. The news, the newspaper, the only non-biased news source is the internet. One of only things truly good about the internet is the "true" freedom that it brings.
for real it aint that serious lol. if someone wants to use his steps to make a cheaper turbo more power to them.
Old 11-17-2009, 04:14 PM

first off if your so worried about your "invention" being copied dont put it out like that for others to copy. just saying. also i quoted that one part because you and others kept saying that and i just wanted to put my on what i thought about that statement. so know at the end of the day no i dont think your right but if thinking that makes you sleep better at night knock yourself out.
true, but I doubt he expected someone to "backstab" him. Its ok if you don't think I'm right, because we're all subjected to our own opinions. I have nothing against Phee or yourself, shit, you could be right and a turbo could cost 1k, but it just feels like "AZ" is "family" and it seems we're here to cheat our own family.

Anyways I'm done posting, I got class, I shouldn't be worrying about this, instead I should be paying attention in class so I can save everyone from Cancer one day......
Old 11-17-2009, 04:16 PM
Avant Garde Wheels

How hard was it too make any of these? How common sense was it too make any of these? XLR8 J-pipe is still better than both the RV6 V2 and ATLP V2. Why can't they do better? You're comparing bolt-ons to a blower.
i don't see how a turbo kit would make it any more different.

comptech makes SuperCharger..

guy on makes his own with a different blower unit for half the cost of what a new SC kit would go for.
Old 11-17-2009, 04:17 PM
Suzuka Master

Pay to play.
lol your a funny guy. so because i dont have a 3g im not qualified to have an opinion on this. first off i never said im some 3g guru and secondly no matter how much work went into it which i know lot did my opinion is still the same.

Last edited by p.diddy; 11-17-2009 at 04:20 PM.
Old 11-17-2009, 04:17 PM

see, now you took it a bit too far. not only have you insulted my intelligence but you have shown what a completely arrogant and uninformed person you are.

If you feel the need to belittle others due to the fact that what you stated was incorrect.

the 3g and 2g tl's have the same engine. only small changes were made to the 3rd generation tl. if you would like a crash course on this information id be more than happy to educate you via PM.

Also, i did have a 3g tl. When i was 18 and my transmission blew on my 2nd gen. i have ridden in it, i know many people with them and i have taken apart more 3rd generation tl's than you can count on one hand. So your blind assumption of my ignorance just shows how little you actually know.

Your passive aggressive remark as to me not driving a 3G tl because of my "ignorance" is completely uncalled for. I could very well afford a 3g tl, but at my age and with my other responsibilities i chalked it up to a 2g because of the affordability and i swapped it.

so all in all, i spent less than a 3g would have cost and my performance supercedes what most 3g tl's can claim. so next time you feel the need to insult my intelligence or question my knowledge about these cars feel free to use the search button and view my post history.

since you have refused to leave the comparisons to rodneys kit out of this one can argue that your constant beligerent assumptions about this being a slap in the face would actually bring the comparison into others minds.
wouldnt you say that you are doing the comparison for other people? therefore showing them that it is possible without rodney?

its been stated what this thread is about and you continue to bounce around bringing up another turbo kit that is on the market.

this is the nature of the game. Someone invents and someone else finds ways to do it cheaper. thats called evolution of the market.

in order for the consumer to succeed there must be competition.

Youre intelligen, right? dont tell me you thought rodney was going to monopolize the turbo market.

richie V6 came in and undercut ATLP in their endeavors and both companies are doing fine arent they? those that want the shiner parts go for the pricier vendor.

those that just want the performance go for the best bang for the buck.

your comparison of rodney not being a corporation is null because none of us are corporations either. this thread is purely informative and nowhere has anyone stated that they are going to start a company to compete against rodney. its just not happening. Chances are that people reading this thread werent going to buy rodneys kit anyway so its not like he is losing a customer.

i was one of the guys who signed up stating that i would buy it if it came out for the 2g. thats not happening and since the engines are identical as well as the subframe, participating in this thread will help me in my endeavors.
now fuck off
I'm not going to even try to respond, because this will go over and over and over. No one is going to win. This will just end up a closed thread or bans from admins which I don't want. Like I said I don't know much about cars, but I'm trying to be respectful of what others strive to achieve. That is the reason why I felt offended of the "Poor Man's Turbo...". The nature of the game is not stealing, but making your own shit.

/e-fight

Last edited by TheChamp531; 11-17-2009 at 04:20 PM.
Old 11-17-2009, 04:18 PM
Avant Garde Wheels

true, but I doubt he expected someone to "backstab" him. Its ok if you don't think I'm right, because we're all subjected to our own opinions. I have nothing against Phee or yourself, shit, you could be right and a turbo could cost 1k, but it just feels like "AZ" is "family" and it seems we're here to cheat our own family.

Anyways I'm done posting, I got class, I shouldn't be worrying about this, instead I should be paying attention in class so I can save everyone from Cancer one day......
everyone is here to look for alternatives to spending 7k....

we help each other out by telling them there are alternatives yet give to the ones that make a kit/bolt-on
Old 11-17-2009, 04:19 PM
I got the Shifts

I'm not going to even try to respond, because this will go over and over and over. No one is going to win. This will just end up a closed thread or bans from admins which I don't want. Like I said I don't know much about cars, but I'm trying to be respectful of what others strive to achieve.

/e-fight
edit: not worth it
Old 11-17-2009, 04:21 PM
I got the Shifts

Originally Posted by Majofo
^ were those issues witnessed during tuning? scary.. how about the rails & fuel pump, any issues there?
well he just backed off the boost and he runs 6-7 lbs comfortably. fuel pump and rails are stock but a walbro is coming soon.

i honestly cant wait to get into the game
Old 11-17-2009, 04:23 PM

everyone is here to look for alternatives to spending 7k....

we help each other out by telling them there are alternatives yet give to the ones that make a kit/bolt-on
Very true. I'm not sure if I'm wrong or right, but I just know someone spent their hard own time doing something for US and we are so quick in trying to find an alternative. That's all of what I'm trying to say.
Old 11-17-2009, 04:24 PM
Suzuka Master

well he just backed off the boost and he runs 6-7 lbs comfortably. fuel pump and rails are stock but a walbro is coming soon.

i honestly cant wait to get into the game
yea going boosted made me fall in love with my car all over again.
Old 11-17-2009, 04:27 PM
Suzuka Master

Very true. I'm not sure if I'm wrong or right, but I just know someone spent their hard own time doing something for US and we are so quick in trying to find an alternative. That's all of what I'm trying to say.
i see what your saying im not trying to argue with anyone over the internet its just pointless. but if something comes out and its cheaper and PROVEN why not. im not saying the poor mans turbo will work or not im just saying if you have a cheaper proven alternative why not.
Old 11-17-2009, 05:44 PM
Safety Car

Received 435 Likes on 328 Posts
I think some of us have a loyalty to J&R for being honest and up front with everything so far. And anyone who has followed the many turbo threads over the past couple years knows that it was one fail after the other. Also the fact that they asked this community who was in although it was before stating the price and when it was $6K, everyone vaporized. Know one really knows if they are making or losing money but that alone was not good in my opinion.

I have mixed feelings about this and like I said before, don't defend either path even though I chose the more expensive.

If this had come out during or before their kit was in development, we probably wouldn't even be having this discussion. The timing seems to be the real issue.

I couldn't wait to get into the game either. Good luck everyone.
Old 11-17-2009, 06:09 PM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
can we get back on topic in this thread...

phee... where the hell are you getting these pics from

edit: nvm see the photobucket from that dude from v6 performance

[img][http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s262/joe80055/Chiefs%20Turbo%20Install%201/IMG_0066.jpg[/img]

Last edited by stillhere153; 11-17-2009 at 06:14 PM.
Old 11-17-2009, 06:58 PM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Old 11-17-2009, 07:36 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All motor ftw
Old 11-17-2009, 07:55 PM
bringin lead

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
wow.
Old 11-17-2009, 07:57 PM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Originally Posted by 1fsthatch
All motor ftw
^not an option... I'm taking my v6 tegs to the tens
Old 11-17-2009, 08:36 PM
Wants an M3 in

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
you just gave me a headache

I'm sure Rodney is a nice guy. Let's get one thing straight though. He's in this to make money. Not to "do something for the community." Why in the fuck would we want to suppress something that is cheaper and possibly better because he worked so hard on his kit? Do you vote republican?
Old 11-17-2009, 08:52 PM
practicing nihilist

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
it's actually (or will be) capitalism at it's finest. consumer's want value, which is defined differently for each consumer. AEM sells intakes for $230 ish, and there's the gutted stock piping that costs nothing. Both do the same thing but a lot of people buy the AEM. Why? It looks nice and they have a warranty to fall back on (which many had to use a couple years back...). You should protect and credit Rodney more for opening the door, not arguing it's his to keep.

sorry, Stillhere. Those pipes look more than workable. Makes me want to learn to weld...
Old 11-17-2009, 09:10 PM
I got the Shifts

Old 11-17-2009, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by ludachrisvt
you just gave me a headache

I'm sure Rodney is a nice guy. Let's get one thing straight though. He's in this to make money. Not to "do something for the community." Why in the fuck would we want to suppress something that is cheaper and possibly better because he worked so hard on his kit? Do you vote republican?
lol I admit it kinda gave me one too. I should never type anything when I'm busy or in class, makes me look like an idiot. What I was trying to say, is that we should let the turbo come out before we start tryin to find a alternative. If not, IMO, it seems disrespectful since he has spent time and money to build something for the Acura community and we are in a rush to find a cheaper alternative. Of course he is trying to make money off of this, especially when he has spent a good amount of money, but whether he is or not, the fact that the turbo basically "uplifted" our cars. It gave so many people a feeling of hope that our cars can actually do something in the performance scene. At least let him start selling them before trying to sway his customers (whether that is 1 customer or 1000 customers) in getting something cheaper, that is all.

Last edited by TheChamp531; 11-17-2009 at 09:15 PM.
Old 11-17-2009, 09:34 PM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

dont know but a car weighing over 3k lbs doesn't require performance its more of a cruiser... no offense to all the tl owners ( I was one ) but honestly I gave up home in it

I'm building nothing over 2k lbs now... my 4door db8 has no door panels, no abs, no ps, no ac, empty trunk and rear seats will be dumped for track (back on for street) front seats replaced for s2000 buckets
Old 11-17-2009, 10:04 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 306 Likes on 193 Posts
JUST SAYING so we can get back ontop topic, I love rodneys kit but thats like saying coke can sue pepsi because coke came out with a great soda. In this world of freedom of speech and freedom to do whatever they want anyone can do so. Just because his kit is out does not mean people are obligated to buy the kit, however it would be wrong to infringe his ideas but this thread is not to do so. This forum is to think of ideas how to create a new one, not to bash rodney or steal his idea. In the last five years this car was considered to be luxury and no one attempted to turbo or s/c it becuase of the idea of it being a sedan not a sports car or tuner car. There have been failed attempts but what about the other people not on this fourm that have created something great and succeeded. Rodney did not create what we call today the turbo or F/IC or piping, he did however make a right choice in what he used to make this kit work, this is nothing of the sort stealing from rodney but just taking our ideas of the right choice of materials to make a kit.

Last edited by AckTL05; 11-17-2009 at 10:08 PM.
Old 11-17-2009, 10:09 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 306 Likes on 193 Posts
So - Anyone looking to try this out on their car? We should buy that TL-S that was vandalized and try it on that since we can make it all engine work and rip out seats and interrior since its all damaged = TL DIET to the maximum.
Old 11-17-2009, 10:11 PM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

well said... after all what I posted has been longer than this car has been out

and the precat deletes have been for a considerable amount of time

NOW... lets get on with the details...
Old 11-17-2009, 10:17 PM
I got the Shifts

Originally Posted by AckTL05
So - Anyone looking to try this out on their car? We should buy that TL-S that was vandalized and try it on that since we can make it all engine work and rip out seats and interrior since its all damaged = TL DIET to the maximum.
it would be great if acurazine could throw money in a pot to buy that car.. then we can all mod it and race it for $$ back

but that will never happen

Quick Reply: Poor Man's Turbo... Yeah why not