Oil Extreme Brand - Is it real and is it worth it

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 05:36 PM
TL Driver and Loving It!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oil Extreme Brand - Is it real and is it worth it

Hi, first off, I just want to let you know I tried for a search on this and could not find any threads. So, if there are some, I will apologize in advance. With that said, our company forwards an email to the employees saying 'Mobile Pit Stop. will be coming to perform Oil Changes. They offer an oil change with a product called 'Oil Extreme'.

Well, I did my typical google search and found their web site and they make interesting claims such as: 1. 7-10% increase in gas mileage and, 2. Similar increase in horse power., and 3. Improved viscosity claims galore.

My question(s): Is it real and is it worth it? Has anyone tried this product and how did it perform?

Just curious and appreciate the info. Thanks.
Old 09-20-2007, 06:15 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,771 Likes on 4,342 Posts
I've never heard of it and so (obviously) never tried it. But with claims like these, I ususally fall back on the old standby: "If it sounds too good to be true .... ".

You do what you want with your $30,000+ car, but I'm gonna stick with conventional products that have a track record.
Old 09-21-2007, 09:16 AM
TL Driver and Loving It!

Smile Thanks

So far, I am of the same mind. I always run synthetic, usually mobil 1 in my car. But, was a little curious about this after reading the info on the web site. Anyway, I found it kind of interesting still. Thanks for the reply.
Old 09-21-2007, 09:39 AM
Trucki!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
um.....$50 oil change nope
Old 09-25-2007, 12:01 PM
Intermediate

maybe they are trying to compete with royal purple?
http://www.royalpurple.com/homea/homea.html
Old 09-25-2007, 12:09 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
Many of us have a fave brand of FULLY synthetic oil- the rest are on whatever and dont care
And yet we get about the same mileage~ go figure

Acura is against adding anything but oil to the car- same with the coolant- no extras needed, may work on other cars just fine but our beloveds- different story
Premium car
premium gas
premium fun at the track
Old 09-25-2007, 10:48 PM
13.2@ 107 on Street tires

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
if you want an oil that claims the same increases but it actually is true go with royal purple..you wont regret it..
Old 03-31-2010, 10:47 PM
1st Gear

Oil extreme - well worth the money

Years later, but the truth is told, Oil Extreme is real and it is more than worth it!
I have been using it in every kind of vehicle I've rebuilt and serviced since shortly after the product became known in the mid 90's. They now offer several viscosities, as well as the concentrate to improve any other oil product in existance, including the expensive synthetics.
I've researched many independent articles, some by well known race engine builder, David Vizard (the Wizard), who states in his article, "you've been warned" referring to the necessity to replace parts if you don't use the Oil Extreme oil, or at least lace whatever oil you are using with the Oil Extreme Concentrate.
In another article, Vizard base lined (on a dyno) a V-8 350 Chevy engine using Mobil 1, and then proceeded to lace the Mobil 1 with the Oil Extreme Concentrate, and then re-Dyno tested the same engine. The results showed an increase of 9.1 ft. lbs of torque, with an 8.5 hp improvement.
I know there are many snake oil additives out there with illegitimate chemistry, using chemicals like chlorine, chlorinated pariffins, or some derivative thereof, but Oil Extreme is a true Calcium-Carbonate Formula which reduces friction, reduces heat (hot spots), cuts engine wear in half or better, increases fuel mileage, and improves performance/horsepower, (alot of times noticeably by seat of the pants)
Here is the skinny on your oil. From the very cheapest to the very best or most expensive, they all use the very same product for extreme pressure protection Zinc Dyalkyl-dithiophosphate (ZDDP). And it really is not Good for Extreme Pressure, just high pressure (about 6,000 lbs/sq in). The Calcium Carbonate Extreme Pressure Quality of Oil Extreme is 40 times stronger at 250,000 lbs/sq.in.
I could get more technical and type all night, but if you neeed more info, I can send you some of the info I saved over the years. I've been collecting since the late 60's.
All I can say is that no vehicle of mine even gets started up unless it has the Oil Extreme in it, from lawn-mower to 04 Tundra, and Ford Navigator.
Until Then Good Day! Oil Whisperer
I understand tons of the stuff gets shipped overseas, to people who really spend lots of time researching and grinding out due diligence.