New Comptech Parts On Ebay

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2005, 10:29 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
New Comptech Parts On Ebay

OK...just digging for new information tonight and its kind of slow....so thought I would start a new thread on some new finds tonight....

Ebay listing....Comptech Billet Oil Cap
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWN%3AIT

Kind of a neat peice....$34 + $4shipping

OK....just beating around the bush there a bit to get to these two new ones....Comptech Superchargers!!! Found two sources on ebay (other than the fine deal that our resident group buy vendor has offered...which honestly...is better than either of these listings by almost $100)

1st one found....Acura of Escondido: $4045 delivered
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CompT...temZ8024127938

2nd one found...Acura of Lynnwood: $4045 delivered
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/COMPT...QQcmdZViewItem

Looks like the Ebayers are not far behind the curve? I have to admit I was a bit suprised to see them.....had to go ahead and get one of those oil caps right away....ought to add all kinds of speed huh? (lol) Possibly this may be an alternative for those people looking to abuse a credit card for payment?

I know there was some question as to "just who the heck bought these supposed 45-50 units that were supposedly already sold"...well, this may answer it a bit...looks like a few dealers already bought in. I notice that he has three listed available....I bet that is the "buy in deal" the comptech dealers get and have to commit to in order to get a decent resell price. Makes sense anyway? All this supercharger talk has me thinking man!
I notice comptech also has the installation instructions listed on their website here..... http://www.comptechusa.com/store/med...L_04-05kit.pdf

Have reviewed them already and that really will get your blood boiling for a supercharger! Warning.....dont even look at em unless you are ready to get stoked to spend some $....cause its like they are contagious! More you read....more you gotta have!

Just thought I would whip something out to talk about tonight as everybody has crashed out at my house already!
Old 12-24-2005, 10:37 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

For the record....(tried to edit....was too late...)

Here is a link to our group buy for the superchargers here on AZ for $3950
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126830
Old 12-24-2005, 10:39 PM
Youse Gots Sacked

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
lol
uch...whyd u bring that to my attention...now i have to grab one of those comptech oil billet caps
Old 12-24-2005, 10:46 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by NFLblitze1
lol
uch...whyd u bring that to my attention...now i have to grab one of those comptech oil billet caps

I know.....I did too....and I already have an anodized red one? Just figured WTF....give it a rip! Might go better with that supercharger!

Old 12-24-2005, 10:50 PM
Got Pearl?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I already bought one of the Comptech Billet Oil Caps about two weeks ago....one thing to keep in mind IT GETS HOTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!

Oh NFL, question why did you buy a K&N air filter for the TL and the next day buy a AEM intake?

oh another thing....On the supercharger....I have no interest in it for some reason...maybe cause I have a 5AT ?
Old 12-24-2005, 11:05 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by flvol77
I already bought one of the Comptech Billet Oil Caps about two weeks ago....one thing to keep in mind IT GETS HOTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!

Oh NFL, question why did you buy a K&N air filter for the TL and the next day buy a AEM intake?

oh another thing....On the supercharger....I have no interest in it for some reason...maybe cause I have a 5AT ?
I have a 5AT too.....why does that turn you off of the supercharger? Just wondering...I mean I know you can rip a manual around a bit better than the autos....but it ought to provide a fairly good power boost for automatics too?
Old 12-24-2005, 11:10 PM
Youse Gots Sacked

Originally Posted by flvol77

i was originally going to get the K&N Air Filter...but then found someone to help me install the AEM Intake....so i sold the K&N Air FIlter to someone on the forums

lol....also... i just ordered one of those billet caps
Old 12-24-2005, 11:13 PM
Got Pearl?

Have u put your sway bar in yet? You should knock both those out this weekend if you haven't already and you will not believe how much difference u will see in your car.
Old 12-25-2005, 12:18 AM
Youse Gots Sacked

i havn't installed it yet...im planning to paint my calipers black and do the sway bar in one sitting...so we'll see how that turns out... i have almost 2 weeks vacation soo.....gotta find things to do :-)
Old 12-26-2005, 05:07 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hmmmmm.. makes me wonder if any of the local Acura dealerships will offer a S/C and make me keep my warranty. That would be the ultimate!
Old 12-29-2005, 03:59 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by invincible569
Hmmmmm.. makes me wonder if any of the local Acura dealerships will offer a S/C and make me keep my warranty. That would be the ultimate!
You are dreaming.....sure...they will get you one if they are an authorized Comptech reseller/distributor...but they dont EVER warrant the supercharger and you warrantee is going to be hard to pressed on any major engine failure after installing a supercharger.....Comptech warrants the supercharger, Acura warrants the motor....end of story. And if you have MAJOR engine failure at all (certainly not typical with CT superchargers) you can BET that Acura will blame it on extra stress from the SC.
Old 12-29-2005, 04:00 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

I just received my new Comptech Billet Oil Cap...very nice part, I must say. Very highly polished billet aluminum....recommend for anybody!

I also noticed that somebody snagged that supercharger off ebay from the second Acura dealer listed....nice! Hope they are also on the board and will tell us how it goes!
Old 12-29-2005, 04:23 PM
321 whp SAE

Originally Posted by MichaelBenz
I just received my new Comptech Billet Oil Cap...very nice part, I must say. Very highly polished billet aluminum....recommend for anybody!

I also noticed that somebody snagged that supercharger off ebay from the second Acura dealer listed....nice! Hope they are also on the board and will tell us how it goes!
I am the one who snagged it.. yes I will give everybody good details.
Old 12-29-2005, 04:27 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by bklynpanman
Very cool! I was hoping somebody on here would get that SC and install it! Are you planning on doing the install yourself? I was thinking about it myself and reading the install directions over the holidays when I started this thread and thought it could be done with some patience.....they give you pretty good install instructions! My brother in law has also offered to help me out as he thought it would be a really cool weekend project!
Old 12-29-2005, 07:45 PM
321 whp SAE

Originally Posted by MichaelBenz
Very cool! I was hoping somebody on here would get that SC and install it! Are you planning on doing the install yourself? I was thinking about it myself and reading the install directions over the holidays when I started this thread and thought it could be done with some patience.....they give you pretty good install instructions! My brother in law has also offered to help me out as he thought it would be a really cool weekend project!
A good friend of mine has a performance shop . He works by himself and is a great mechanic who has done quite a few supercharger installs. I'm going to let him do it, though it is tempting to do myself..
Old 12-29-2005, 09:53 PM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MichaelBenz, does the super charger make the car have more torque steer?
Old 12-30-2005, 05:56 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by bklynpanman
Old 12-30-2005, 08:11 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by Ka0tik
MichaelBenz, does the super charger make the car have more torque steer?
Uh...I might ask someone who actually HAS it installed that might actually know? There are two people here on the site that have em installed....I might check with them for their reactions...I would purely be guessing...which is not what you are really looking for.