need your input!!!! those with rotora BBK/s

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 06:24 PM
I have car ADD

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts
need your input!!!! those with rotora BBK/s

first off, sorry for a long thread, but i could really use the advice of some of my fellow a-ziners....and if you read and respond , i really appreciate it

So... my 06 5AT has 22k on it. my rotors are DONE. the entire car shakes the instant i touch the brake pedal at anything over 40mph.....

i am hearing funny banging, clanking noises from the front. i am also hearing whuuuring sounds when i slow down >20 mph....

so, my knowledge tells me new rotors, and get pads too....

acura wants $675 for the front rotors/pads installed and $675 for the rear....

i do NOT want to spend 1300 for the same shiity-ass brakes...

so, i will be getting the Rotora 13" kit up front and their drilled/slotted rotors for the rear... but i want some feedback and input BEFORE i make this wallet emptying decision..

first off, do you get a good life on the rotora rotors/pads... i dont want to have to go through with this crap again in another 22k miles...

are pads expensive? readily available?

what pads should i use on the back w/ the new rotors...

and the million dollar question...

are they really worth it?!?!? i mean, the automatic brakes are horrible. ive got 30lb chrome rims on the car, sitting 2" lowered.... is this an investment i should be making?

by the way, the cars overall braking performance has always sucked. but in the past 10 days or so... it is dropped DRASTICALLY ... i.e., vibrations, pulsations, not stopping as soon and really bad metal clunking noises coming from the wheel well. which i do suspect may be a suspension issue

ALSO, i am supposed to be getting my supercharger put in in 2 weeks... so
1) the money will really set me back
2) i DO need better brakes with a faster car
Old 05-25-2007, 06:47 PM
DuDeChEwY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
im having the same problem with my brakes....damn i didnt know i needed new rotors....damn
Old 05-25-2007, 07:39 PM
Tristate ViP Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Allon do it , you have to get rotora pads directly from rotora or a vendor from what I understand..Excelerate would be able to answer your questions better. Yes if you are gonna boost you definately need to upgrade your brakes and Jae can install all of that for you if you want.
Old 05-25-2007, 09:23 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
No need for cross drilled on the rear- slotted f/r is more than enough for normal humans
The bigger fronts- if you do serious mountain fun or track days- have superchargers etc, then yes- BBK will stop the car faster and repeatedly with confidence and they will use the cross drilling for cooling- as they can generate a lot of heat!

Also see Excelerate about the new Rotora 1 piece slotted f/r package he has.
I recently helped another member install a full set on his 05 6MT with Brembo fronts. Easy DIY and painted the rear calipers black while we were in there.

See MrHeelToe for RacingBrake brand rotors and Hawk Pads
both have post in Off Topic- Sponsored Sales area of this forum
Old 05-25-2007, 10:22 PM
I have car ADD

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts
no i see you mentioned that the BBKs stop the car quicker, which is great, since the AT brakes really suck.... but... what i really wanted to know was

are they more durable then OEM? because im really disappointed that my stock pads/rotors are done @ 22k.... really disappointing for a brand new luxury car.

i could easily drop $1300+ @ acura for all new OEM stuff.... and i know they wont stop as well,. but will the rotoras last equally, if not longer then oem brakes??... this whole brake thing is throwing my supercharger plans off.... but , i did want the brakes when my oem ones went bad, i just didnt think they would die THIS SOON!!!! wtf!!
Old 05-25-2007, 10:24 PM
Tristate ViP Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yes more durable acura brakes suck always have
Old 05-25-2007, 10:58 PM
'10 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by BLACKURA_NY
no i see you mentioned that the BBKs stop the car quicker, which is great, since the AT brakes really suck.... but... what i really wanted to know was

are they more durable then OEM? because im really disappointed that my stock pads/rotors are done @ 22k.... really disappointing for a brand new luxury car.

i could easily drop $1300+ @ acura for all new OEM stuff.... and i know they wont stop as well,. but will the rotoras last equally, if not longer then oem brakes??... this whole brake thing is throwing my supercharger plans off.... but , i did want the brakes when my oem ones went bad, i just didnt think they would die THIS SOON!!!! wtf!!

I know what you mean man, my brakes have lost their feel at 13,600mi and they don't stop as strong. Not to mention for those holy s**t moments I have no confidence in my brakes. When I hit the brakes hard the pedal shoots to the floor and stays there as if I have no abs and the car doesn't stop, the TL is too heavy for those stock AT brakes.. It's the worst brake feel I've ever experienced.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:42 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
How long the discs and pads last depends on what kind of driver you are. The discs for the BBK should last about 40-50k. The pads should last about 25k. You can usually get 2 sets of pads on each set of rotors. Basically it will be very similar to the Brembo setups for the M/T TLers. Their pads should last about 25k and the rotors about double that. The difference is amazing though.
Old 05-29-2007, 01:49 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Excelerate
How long the discs and pads last depends on what kind of driver you are. The discs for the BBK should last about 40-50k. The pads should last about 25k. You can usually get 2 sets of pads on each set of rotors. Basically it will be very similar to the Brembo setups for the M/T TLers. Their pads should last about 25k and the rotors about double that. The difference is amazing though.
Exactly what Josh said.....My Rotora pads lasted 20K then i had to replace them, the rotors were still good though, no warping. By far one for the best investments i made and you can make for the auto TL. Go for is Allon, u wont regret it.

Travis
Old 05-29-2007, 10:33 PM
I've been Canonized ;)

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by BLACKURA_NY

You could try this on whatever rotor you decide on.