Need help getting a CEL cleared...

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2007 | 11:16 AM
THE PLANE TAKES OFF!!!!!

Need help getting a CEL cleared...

I have a 2007 TL-S with about 20,000 miles on it. I have an AEM intake that I installed a few months back. A CEL presented itself after the install, which I haven't seen too much of.

I had the code checked and it says "Purge Valve C Fault" so I was hoping somebody could tell me what I need to look for to get that cleared!

I moved to California, and the car has to be smogged before they will register it here, and I'm pretty sure there can't be ANY CEL's present when they smog, in order to pass....

I'm stuck at this point. If I can't clear it, I don't know WHAT I'll do... I really need some help!

Thanks guys

Matt

(Yes, I checked, and re-checked that I installed everything right)
Old 12-31-2007 | 11:56 AM
Senior Moderator

u try unhooking the neg terminal on the battery??? that will reset the ECU... if something is faulty, the CEL will just keep coming back until you get it fixed...
Old 12-31-2007 | 12:04 PM
Uses turn signals in my

You could try having Autozone reset the CEL. They do it for free.
Old 12-31-2007 | 12:12 PM
My Garage not

P1443 Evaporative Emission Control System - Vacuum System - Purge Control Solenoid or Purge Control Valve fault

i think it's this^^ go to autozone and they can check the code for you. get the code number and then look it up online to see if it's a generic car code for all cars like the one above, or if it's specific to honda/acura. either way, figure out what the problem is.

either 1) your gas cap has been not properly tightened and the code is coming up or more likely 2) when u installed the intake u didn't properly install/tighten the hose assembly that connects the antifreeze hoses to the throttle body on that strange metal jig acura uses that is like a 3 way pipe with the short 6" hoses, located just right of the throttle body, and now u have a tiny leak in the evap system.

i wouldn't mind taking a look at it for u if u wanna come down to west la but there's probably not much i can do for u to fix it.
Old 12-31-2007 | 01:51 PM
THE PLANE TAKES OFF!!!!!

Originally Posted by wasupdog
P1443 Evaporative Emission Control System - Vacuum System - Purge Control Solenoid or Purge Control Valve fault

i think it's this^^ go to autozone and they can check the code for you. get the code number and then look it up online to see if it's a generic car code for all cars like the one above, or if it's specific to honda/acura. either way, figure out what the problem is.

either 1) your gas cap has been not properly tightened and the code is coming up or more likely 2) when u installed the intake u didn't properly install/tighten the hose assembly that connects the antifreeze hoses to the throttle body on that strange metal jig acura uses that is like a 3 way pipe with the short 6" hoses, located just right of the throttle body, and now u have a tiny leak in the evap system.

i wouldn't mind taking a look at it for u if u wanna come down to west la but there's probably not much i can do for u to fix it.
See! That's great advice... I know exactly what you're reffering to, and I'll check those and try a reset!

If I have issues still, I wouldn't mind taking the drive at all if you'd take a look. I'm almost out of options. I might have to end up calling AEM, and see if their techs will look at it, but I'm not sure if they even do that for customers.
Old 12-31-2007 | 04:00 PM
My Garage not

yea, the metal jig thing i was referring to is the stock unit that is removed. if u look in that area, with those short hoses now connecting the throttle body to the coolant and all of the rest of those hoses u installed around there, the car throws that code if there is a small leak or hole in one of the hoses. when i say small, even if there is a tiny .5mm hole in the hoses the sensors will detect it.

u can try turning the car on and feeling around there. if there is a leak u might be able to feel or hear it, it will be a small hole with air sucking into it.

if you're standing in front of the car facing the trunk, u know that dark grey plastic 1-2" piece that connects a short hose from the cai install to a longer hose that disappears into the car towards the back? that's the purge valve. try locating a leak in the system from there.
Old 01-01-2008 | 04:57 PM
THE PLANE TAKES OFF!!!!!

Awesome... I'm going to try here in a few minutes...
Old 01-01-2008 | 05:59 PM
THE PLANE TAKES OFF!!!!!

Dude! Fixed...

I just wiggled all the hoses and hose clamps associated with that system, and tried making them tighter. Something obvioulsy worked, because the CEL is gone!

Thanks a ton for the help and information... saved me a huge headache!