Magnaflow custom exhaust, or Comptech exhaust??

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 07:17 AM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Magnaflow custom exhaust, or Comptech exhaust??

It seems most people have either the Comptech CB exhaust or go with Magnaflow mufflers and resonators custom installed. I'm only looking for sound and could care less about what these manufactors claim on performance. It's all B.S. to me anyway. I'm looking for a nice low tone performance sound from my exhaust. The Comptech seems pretty pricey and they offer no sound bites on their website. Magnaflow offers sound bites but none on a TL. Also most of the sound bites from Magnaflow sound raspity. I didn't care for that sound. Maybe that's how naturally aspirated V6's sound like. I'm just used to V8 and V10 motors.....

I'm sure this sounds like a broken record, but any input would be appreciated....Thanks!!!!
Old 04-26-2006, 11:27 AM
Pro

comptech exhaust is kinda quiet, but deep and low. I cut the resonator out of it and now it is much louder, with the right amount of raspiness. A little more than a 350z, and close to the same tone. Magnaflow is probably louder, and also raspier.
Either choice is bad ass, I bet no one w/ magnaflows are complaining or any gripes, and the only gripe i have heard about comptech's is that its too quiet. I still haven't heard magnaflow's in person, but I think ct is the way to go personally.
Old 04-26-2006, 11:44 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by JOES05tl
comptech exhaust is kinda quiet, but deep and low. I cut the resonator out of it and now it is much louder, with the right amount of raspiness. A little more than a 350z, and close to the same tone. Magnaflow is probably louder, and also raspier.
Either choice is bad ass, I bet no one w/ magnaflows are complaining or any gripes, and the only gripe i have heard about comptech's is that its too quiet. I still haven't heard magnaflow's in person, but I think ct is the way to go personally.
I also saw with the Comptech they have "4 inch polished resonated tips". I was thinking what ever system I go with I'd like the stock tips put on cause I feel the square tips match the profile of the rear of the car. I'm courious how much those Comptech tips make a difference in sound.
Old 04-26-2006, 01:27 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
If you're just looking for sound just go with the mufflers. If you want a whole catback exhaust that is stainless steel and has a nice deep throaty tone at WOT then go with the Comptech. PM me for prices if you're interested.
Old 04-28-2006, 11:35 PM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
Much easier to get the sound you want if you choose the mufflers, resonators, etc. You can make it as loud or as quiet as you want.
Old 04-29-2006, 03:55 PM
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by subinf
Much easier to get the sound you want if you choose the mufflers, resonators, etc. You can make it as loud or as quiet as you want.

I bought my Magnaflow from Hottexhaust. Talk to Jeff. I bought the same mufflers as everyone else, got rid of the mid muffler, but I bought the 27" resonator. It's got a nice tone at 2200-3000 RPMs. Not ricey, just muscular. And it's not bad from the inside, like those that have the shorter resonator.