Looking for exhaust combo ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 06:56 PM
N0w $hiftinG N/A

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Talking Looking for exhaust combo ?

Ive been researching for a long time now but patiently waiting to order a good complete exhaust setup. Alot of people on this forum know who I am so Im not no N00b! So is there anyone who was brave enough to have this combo that I have in mind which is : ATLP Base Exhaust + RV-6 V3 J-Pipe + RV-6 V3 PCD's or ATLP Base Exhaust + Atlp V2 J-pipe+ Test pipe combo + V3 PCD's. Also how the sound might be without a resonator but then the confusion comes in with the drone or rasp that comes from the PCDS but im willing to take on this project. The time is closing in soon for the modding bug to take its course again so any new Videos or opinions will help. Im deff sure bout the setup but im itching now to order so its just a debate on the j pipe since Mr Heel Toe gave us a tease with the ATLP V2R thread so im trying to hold on.Thnx guys.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:51 PM
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
It will rasp, but I don't think it's bad. Drone will probably be way nasty without adding a big 'ol resonator in there though. www.youtube.com/watch?v=cm0foOLpP54
Old 11-28-2011, 09:21 PM
N0w $hiftinG N/A

Originally Posted by wtf8269
It will rasp, but I don't think it's bad. Drone will probably be way nasty without adding a big 'ol resonator in there though. www.youtube.com/watch?v=cm0foOLpP54
thats what im thinking of but im 05 6mt so the exhaust note from the type s and the base with atlp quads are different lol. But i really like the exhaust note with the atlp base so i mght order the magnaflow resonator to pair with it. It seems like no one attempted this setup though.
Old 11-29-2011, 01:09 AM
Chapter Leader (San Antonio)

Received 433 Likes on 319 Posts
Just roll with all RV6-- Richie will give you a good price if you bundle all three.
Old 11-29-2011, 10:31 AM
N0w $hiftinG N/A

Originally Posted by TheChamp531
Just roll with all RV6-- Richie will give you a good price if you bundle all three.
yea I know richie has good deals which I am thinking of but im trying to be a little different since half of acurazine has almost everything rv6 lol
Old 11-29-2011, 10:39 AM
N0w $hiftinG N/A

If anyone has the Atlp Base with rv6 v3 j pipe + pcds or even without pcds im dying to see a video before I order these goods. Also Ive went to a few meets but no one really had this setup. I have a few more weeks to think since im waiting for richie to update his true dual exhaust thread to let us know if he would be making base tips like the ATLP because if so ill give him the deposit asap.
Old 11-29-2011, 01:57 PM
takin care of Business in

Received 4,732 Likes on 4,064 Posts
I would go with the V3 PCD's and V3 jpipe since they give you the best gains + v3 jpipe gives you awesome clearance....

After that no matter what exhaust you put, it will all come out to be pretty much the same....the gains will be similar the sound will be similar....pretty much boils down to what tips your looking at....
Old 11-29-2011, 02:12 PM
N0w $hiftinG N/A

Originally Posted by swoosh
I would go with the V3 PCD's and V3 jpipe since they give you the best gains + v3 jpipe gives you awesome clearance....

After that no matter what exhaust you put, it will all come out to be pretty much the same....the gains will be similar the sound will be similar....pretty much boils down to what tips your looking at....
thanx swoosh thats true you do get the best gains with the rv6 v3 setup but im deffinatley gearing towards ordering the atlp base exhaust because of the tips but im giving Richie time to answer us all in his thread because as long as ive been on this forum for a few years now Im one of those lurkers but Ive seen ppl order the newest product at the end then a few months later a newer version would come out then all of a sudden you see all the old batches up for sale lol. But its just a matter of timing and patiently waiting to see if anyone has unknown videos they might not have put up or something u never know. So lez keep em coming guys. ATLP BASE TIPS ARE SEXYYYY!!!!!!! FTMFW
Old 11-29-2011, 02:28 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
Our XLR8 exhaust systems have been described as sound almost exotic. We use T304 stainless steel in designing our exhaust products and our mufflers are built with Purge Resonance Technology in order to reduce drone, which is typical for most aftermarket exhausts on the 3rd gen TL.

http://store.excelerateperformance.c...s/g-55889.aspx
Old 11-29-2011, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by GtMaxx
thanx swoosh thats true you do get the best gains with the rv6 v3 setup but im deffinatley gearing towards ordering the atlp base exhaust because of the tips but im giving Richie time to answer us all in his thread because as long as ive been on this forum for a few years now Im one of those lurkers but Ive seen ppl order the newest product at the end then a few months later a newer version would come out then all of a sudden you see all the old batches up for sale lol. But its just a matter of timing and patiently waiting to see if anyone has unknown videos they might not have put up or something u never know. So lez keep em coming guys. ATLP BASE TIPS ARE SEXYYYY!!!!!!! FTMFW
you could also get the pcd's and jpipe....and then custom fab an catback exhaust and get these tips:

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/s...e=main&id=9666

it will end up being way cheaper...

on a side note: I havent dealt with Richie but he comes across as a great guy....I have dealt with Josh (XLR8) and he is just a gem of a person...Also I have dealt with ATLP (Mike) and he is an amazing fella....I wish my head wasnt stuck on custom (i went the custom route), I would have ordered from either of these vendors....
Old 11-29-2011, 10:08 PM
N0w $hiftinG N/A

Originally Posted by Excelerate
Our XLR8 exhaust systems have been described as sound almost exotic. We use T304 stainless steel in designing our exhaust products and our mufflers are built with Purge Resonance Technology in order to reduce drone, which is typical for most aftermarket exhausts on the 3rd gen TL.

http://store.excelerateperformance.c...s/g-55889.aspx
wassup excelrate I know youre a good vendor I ordered my coilovers j pipe mounts rotors etc from you before but that exhaust system for the link which you provided is not for the 3g TL thats the one for the 4g TL but you can clarify if its an even newer version that i might of missied.
Old 11-29-2011, 10:12 PM
N0w $hiftinG N/A

you could also get the pcd's and jpipe....and then custom fab an catback exhaust and get these tips:

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/s...e=main&id=9666

it will end up being way cheaper...

on a side note: I havent dealt with Richie but he comes across as a great guy....I have dealt with Josh (XLR8) and he is just a gem of a person...Also I have dealt with ATLP (Mike) and he is an amazing fella....I wish my head wasnt stuck on custom (i went the custom route), I would have ordered from either of these vendors....
Ive ordered from richie his a good vendor but those base tips look preety decent but the atlp base tips still look more bigger and sleeper sexy but im being patient since im about to drop 1600 on a nice setup so i know wear im gearing towards which is atlp but still tryna see if anyone has or thought of the setup lol Still trying cus i know poeple do not put up all of their videos on youtube it couold be photobucket etc
Old 11-29-2011, 10:14 PM

^^^ you will find very few PCD's videos on youtube coz of the rasp....tons of HFC vids...
Old 11-29-2011, 11:40 PM
N0w $hiftinG N/A

^^^ you will find very few PCD's videos on youtube coz of the rasp....tons of HFC vids...
maybe i might just save that extra $100 then since the v3 pcd ceramic oat now are 450 lol
Old 11-30-2011, 01:50 AM
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
I have the RV6 V3 J Pipe and ATLP Quads
The following users liked this post:
JD TL-S (12-22-2011)
Old 11-30-2011, 01:52 AM
big bad bust

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
OP you def cannot go wrong with the xlr8 exhaust...i have a vid posted of my car ill post it for you
Old 11-30-2011, 01:59 AM
big bad bust

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
here are some slips of mine...lemme know what you think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ne2wSrxMDL4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGU70vZ_wew
JD TL-S (12-22-2011)
Old 11-30-2011, 09:43 AM

maybe i might just save that extra $100 then since the v3 pcd ceramic oat now are 450 lol
sorry i didnt understand that post bro....are you ceramic coating ur PCD's ?

I have my PCD's ceramic coated inside out for better flow got it done from a local guy....he charged me only $50 and I got the V2 PCD's on BM for like $250-ish....

so not bad a deal
cdc86 (11-30-2011)
Old 11-30-2011, 11:24 AM
N0w $hiftinG N/A

sorry i didnt understand that post bro....are you ceramic coating ur PCD's ?

I have my PCD's ceramic coated inside out for better flow got it done from a local guy....he charged me only $50 and I got the V2 PCD's on BM for like $250-ish....

so not bad a deal
Lol my fault typo error. I was trying to say i might as well save up the extra buck to get hfpcds instead on the v3 pcds but I was acutally speaking about these
http://rv6-performance.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=66
I believe after reading on this item these pcds are ceramic coated inside and outside for $420 new. But thats not bad v2 pcd and ceramic coat for around $300 is a good deal bro.
Old 11-30-2011, 11:26 AM

^^^ are they coated from the inside....if not, then ur just spending the extra $$$ on

i had mine coated black
Old 11-30-2011, 11:40 AM
N0w $hiftinG N/A

Originally Posted by teckademics gtr
OP you def cannot go wrong with the xlr8 exhaust...i have a vid posted of my car ill post it for you
That deffinately sounds bad ass bro but your set up is in a TLS compared to a 04-08 base so slightly diffent exhaust note. BUt only if our TLs can sound like my man FYAH TL.

Originally Posted by RainSupreme
I have the RV6 V3 J Pipe and ATLP Quads
Post some videos menggg if you dont have when you can a chance you can probably make a quick one even if its a crappy iphone video lol. Im sure im not the only who would like to see and hear some reviews on the atlp base exhaust setup with the rv6 v3 pacakage so im putting it out there for others to gauge interest as well according my research most people have atlp QUADS with an rv6 combo but not the atlp base with the rv6 combo and if they do its mostlikely on a Type -S instead of a regular base Think its time I get a type s 6mt mayb lol.
Old 11-30-2011, 11:47 AM
N0w $hiftinG N/A

^^^ are they coated from the inside....if not, then ur just spending the extra $$$ on

i had mine coated black
MMMm thats a nice sleeper color bro ceramic coat in blk niceeeee. Also I believe I didnt overlook reading anything but this is just copied of richies website no intention for promotional use or anything
We are now offering an optional Polished Chrome Ceramic Coating in our precat deletes to help combat underhood temps and keep exhaust gasses hotter which in turn speeds up exhaust gas velocity. The precat deletes are coated inside for maximum heat retention. This unique coating is polished for a highly reflective surface that looks amazing.
Over the years we’ve made several improvements to perfect this product. The biggest challenge was getting a round pipe to fit smoothly into an oblong hole. By stretching the pipe thin spots were formed that were prone to cracking. Combined with the rocking of the engine, cracking failures were fairly common. To solve this problem we tried using flex pipes, thicker materials and extra thick welds. These were all band aid fixes that never completely solved the problems. Until we decided to take a new approach.

Introducing the new V3 Precat deletes aka V3 PCDs. Designed completely using 3D CAD and CMM. The transition from flange to pipe or high flow cat is made from precision casted 304 stainless steel. This allows for optimum turbulence free flow with no sacrifice in strength. The castings are no thinner then 5mm at their thinnest point, roughly 3 times thicker then the V2 PCDs. We are confident that the V3 PCDs can handle any abuse without cracking.

- 304 Stainless cast stainless flange sections.
- 304 Stainless 2.25” tubing
- TIG welded
- Argon back gassed for pure welds
- Includes new gaskets and hardware

If richie would like to chime in on his opinion then feel free also buddy.
Old 11-30-2011, 12:54 PM

^^^ from the description, yeah they are coated from inside....

but silver is used to reflect heat and not to trap heat....either way....you can wrap the exhaust components to speed up the pulses....
Old 11-30-2011, 01:39 PM
N0w $hiftinG N/A

^^^ from the description, yeah they are coated from inside....

but silver is used to reflect heat and not to trap heat....either way....you can wrap the exhaust components to speed up the pulses....
thats true and a good idea I actually didnt really think about that.
Old 11-30-2011, 05:07 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
wassup excelrate I know youre a good vendor I ordered my coilovers j pipe mounts rotors etc from you before but that exhaust system for the link which you provided is not for the 3g TL thats the one for the 4g TL but you can clarify if its an even newer version that i might of missied.
There are links to both the 3rd and 4th gen exhaust.

http://store.excelerateperformance.c...889&make=ACURA

Just click on whether you have a base TL or a TL-S.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:38 AM
N0w $hiftinG N/A

Originally Posted by Excelerate
There are links to both the 3rd and 4th gen exhaust.

http://store.excelerateperformance.c...889&make=ACURA

Just click on whether you have a base TL or a TL-S.
Thanks I deffinately luv the sound mmmm any dyno results as yet on the v2 xcelerat8 j pipe.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:48 AM

^^^ here i found this vid of RV6 V3 PCD's + RV6 V3 Jpipe + XLR8 Quad Resonated exhaust

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whVEo1XlleU

Car is JuamPs69's
JD TL-S (12-22-2011)
Old 12-01-2011, 12:01 PM
N0w $hiftinG N/A

^^^ here i found this vid of RV6 V3 PCD's + RV6 V3 Jpipe + XLR8 Quad Resonated exhaust

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whVEo1XlleU

Car is JuamPs69's
sounds nice thnx for that find swoosh, at the end I heard the rasp due to the setup probably not having that magnaflow resonator but that ish is quick.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:03 PM

^^^ it is the resonated version....a tad bit of rasp does come in due to the PCD's....

yeah his fully bolted on Type S 6MT is quick....~300whp....
Old 12-01-2011, 12:20 PM
N0w $hiftinG N/A

^^^ it is the resonated version....a tad bit of rasp does come in due to the PCD's....

yeah his fully bolted on Type S 6MT is quick....~300whp....
i No its nice lol
Old 12-01-2011, 12:23 PM
N0w $hiftinG N/A

See now this is the sound im aiming for Swoosh but comparing it now to see how the rv6v3 j pipe would sound and if maybe someone might have a pcd setup as well or even if someone has a similar agressive tone.http://youtu.be/y-E1Sr_Uwyg
Old 12-01-2011, 01:46 PM

LOL in that case you should not get PCD's....i think that is ibci1's car (some username like that)

he has ATLP all the way and he is running stock cats if i remember right....
Old 12-01-2011, 07:23 PM
N0w $hiftinG N/A

LOL in that case you should not get PCD's....i think that is ibci1's car (some username like that)

he has ATLP all the way and he is running stock cats if i remember right....
Yea i know i pmed him a while back but havent really gotten a reply but i believe his setup includes the atlp test pipe but this same exhaust note but a tad bit louder and thats why i was thimking mayb the rv6 j pipe or hfpcd instead might help cure the pcd rasp lol. Im anxious to order it soon im not going to go longer than the ending of this month im giving time for the sales to arrouse.
Old 12-01-2011, 09:57 PM

^^^ the only thing which can contain rasp is a resonator....

a different jpipe will not tone down the rasp....I would suggest getting whatever setup you have in mind...if you dont like the sound, add a resonator....if its too melow, remove the resonator/change the mufflers....etc....
Old 12-02-2011, 10:50 AM
N0w $hiftinG N/A

^^^ the only thing which can contain rasp is a resonator....

a different jpipe will not tone down the rasp....I would suggest getting whatever setup you have in mind...if you dont like the sound, add a resonator....if its too melow, remove the resonator/change the mufflers....etc....
yea Im going to order the atlp base exhaust but im just going to compare either the rv6 v3 j pipe or the xlr8 v2 j pipe since it has a more agressive look and they both delete the 3rd cat and have the best clearance for cars sincee im going lower than 3 inch, So its just a matter of waiting for the sales to go up again and you never know if a new atlp j pipe would drop lol
Old 12-02-2011, 11:13 AM

^^^ here this might help....

from the worst to the best setup you wont make/lose more than 2-3 whp (from PCD's to tips).....

the sound will be very identical....by spending another 100-200 dollars for resonator/muffler you will get the sound you want....

just coz a new cellphone is around the corner doesnt mean you will not buy the cellphone in front of you....

these vendors on the site are awesome and will keep coming with new products for us to benefit from....but this doesnt mean you will wait for the life of the car for it....

if you dont like it to much and like the next product....BM FTW !!!
Old 12-02-2011, 11:22 AM
N0w $hiftinG N/A

^^^ here this might help....

from the worst to the best setup you wont make/lose more than 2-3 whp (from PCD's to tips).....

the sound will be very identical....by spending another 100-200 dollars for resonator/muffler you will get the sound you want....

just coz a new cellphone is around the corner doesnt mean you will not buy the cellphone in front of you....

these vendors on the site are awesome and will keep coming with new products for us to benefit from....but this doesnt mean you will wait for the life of the car for it....

if you dont like it to much and like the next product....BM FTW !!!
Such good words Swoosh thankx lol ^wait the life of the car^ ill have something else by then lol. But I like the design of the v2 xlr8 j pipe http://store.excelerateperformance.c.../i-494454.aspx as it has that beefy atlp look. ANYONE HAS some reviews on the new xlr8 v2 j pipe. Im still waiting for excelerate to put in his to see if theres any like dyno charts or reviews that he might have. Im sure others are gazing interest as well since alot of views are popping up.
Old 12-13-2011, 11:48 AM
N0w $hiftinG N/A

Is there anyone still who has the XLR8 v2 j pipe im getting closer to ordering soon and searching the F/S threads but still nothing good. It has boiled down to either the rv6 v3 j pipe or the xlr8 v2. Im just trying to compare some reviews from other fellow aziners.
Old 12-21-2011, 09:11 PM
N0w $hiftinG N/A

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...&type=1&ref=nf
V2R ATLP J=PIPE PROTO TYPE IS IN PRODUCTIONS. SO there goes MY answer at least and I was just about to order a RV6 V3 J pipe I might jus hold up depending on how long but im deffff number 1 to order this first batch when its produced
JD TL-S (12-22-2011)
Old 12-21-2011, 10:47 PM

^^^ i did read that yesterday....

by the time next batch comes out, i expect 3rd or early 4th quarter next year....

Quick Reply: Looking for exhaust combo ?