Just did Stage 3 exhaust..Sound comparison video inside.

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2017, 10:48 AM
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Just did Stage 3 exhaust..Sound comparison video inside.

So, I was on the fence about doing the Stage 3 exhaust mod fearing that it would be too loud, but I bought the resonator/mid muffler and had my local shop install it. The results turned out great..No drone at highway speeds and a little bit of a growl between 2,500-3,500 RPMs (Sounds almost like a G35/G37). I took some clips of the exhaust before and after just to document the differences. Hopefully this will help other people that are contemplating on doing this mod.

The following users liked this post:
mazen222 (09-22-2017)
Old 09-01-2017, 02:12 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 151 Likes on 127 Posts
Great video, How does it sound in the car while driving? Too loud or just enough? I do a lot of driving so not sure
Old 09-01-2017, 05:09 PM
Intermediate

Its funny because it sounds close to stock on the inside. Don't forget our cars have active noise canceling to eliminate engine/exhaust noises in the cabin. I actually hear more engine noise than exhaust. I'll try to make another video with interior noise levels in the near future.
Old 09-01-2017, 07:08 PM
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Well done! I am considering this mod and would also appreciate an interior video.
Old 09-03-2017, 11:35 PM
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Which dynomax model is this ?
Old 09-04-2017, 09:35 AM
Intermediate

The model number is 24235.
Old 09-04-2017, 09:38 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by fishinmagician
Well done! I am considering this mod and would also appreciate an interior video.
Hopefully I can get it done by the weekend.
Old 09-10-2017, 07:43 PM
Intermediate

OK, I apologize for the late update, but I’ve been attending to this hurricane the past 2 days. I promised a video this weekend, and here it is. Not best video, but it gives you a good idea of what Stage-3 sounds like on the Highway/Freeway. A lot of talking the first 5 minutes, but gets better at the 6 minute mark.

The following users liked this post:
fishinmagician (09-15-2017)
Old 09-14-2017, 10:34 AM
Advanced

thanks for taking the time to do this. I will probably get stage 3 sometime soon
Old 09-15-2017, 02:34 PM
Intermediate

No prob...It's not that bad. I'm glad that I could help.
Old 02-24-2018, 09:27 AM
Intermediate

Saw some questions recently about muffler types and differences between the two bullet part numbers. The difference is pretty much in the length of the canister.
Old 03-06-2018, 04:49 PM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nice video.

i did this mod a while back. I didnt want anything too loud to avoid the attention of the cops, so i thought this would be a happy medium. Didnt really notice a huge difference though, unless i have my back windows rolled down or if im driving under a bridge. (also my sub is bumpin most of the time). but maybe its like VI MASSIVE said, could be noise canceling in the cabin. im probably just used to my old integra days. haha

still haven't had a chance to have a friend do a drive by so i can hear what it sounds like from outside. maybe if you have time you can do one?
Old 03-06-2018, 04:51 PM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just kidding. i was watching the interior video as i was typing and didnt get to the last couple minutes of the video yet with the drive bys.
Old 03-16-2018, 07:30 PM
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
First mod I did to mine other than wheels, never regretted it! Could have gone Stage 4 (straight pipe from cat), but it just sounds horrible at that point.

There is a bit of drone around 50mph (80kmh), but other than that, sounds great. If you don't have the money for a full exhaust, this is the best thing to do. Still love to hear it under small overpasses :-D
Old 03-30-2018, 02:43 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by efil4ALLOR
nice video.

i did this mod a while back. I didnt want anything too loud to avoid the attention of the cops, so i thought this would be a happy medium. Didnt really notice a huge difference though, unless i have my back windows rolled down or if im driving under a bridge. (also my sub is bumpin most of the time). but maybe its like VI MASSIVE said, could be noise canceling in the cabin. im probably just used to my old integra days. haha

still haven't had a chance to have a friend do a drive by so i can hear what it sounds like from outside. maybe if you have time you can do one?
Yeh, Its a refined kind of sound...I can hear it a bit with the windows up. Its a lot more enjoyable with the windows down and sunroof open. I haven't driven my Integra in a while, but I still remember the sensations.
Old 03-30-2018, 02:47 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by cprime
First mod I did to mine other than wheels, never regretted it! Could have gone Stage 4 (straight pipe from cat), but it just sounds horrible at that point.

There is a bit of drone around 50mph (80kmh), but other than that, sounds great. If you don't have the money for a full exhaust, this is the best thing to do. Still love to hear it under small overpasses :-D
True words...Probably the best bang for your dollar when it comes to exhaust tone. I also love overpasses.
Old 04-03-2018, 02:24 PM
Advanced

I also ended up doing the mod. I'm very happy with it. Very refined but just enough growl. wife can't tell a difference, but car guys who ride in it after a few minutes always ask if I have an exhaust on it.
Old 04-14-2018, 07:24 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by fishinmagician
I also ended up doing the mod. I'm very happy with it. Very refined but just enough growl. wife can't tell a difference, but car guys who ride in it after a few minutes always ask if I have an exhaust on it.
Yeh, That's the sound I was looking for. Just little growl at certain RPMs and loads.
Old 04-11-2019, 08:43 PM
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Lol! I said that a year ago, but now I'm looking for a meaner growl. Didn't completely get what a Stage 4 was either, being a resonator and mid muffler delete and keeping your exhausts.

Now what I'm looking at is either swap my exhausts for Magnaflows and swap my j-pipe for a better one (ATLP, RV6, XLR8), or go Stage 4 with same exhaust swap and maybe swap a j-pipe after depending on the loudness.
Old 04-22-2019, 02:25 AM
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Lol! I said that a year ago, but now I'm looking for a meaner growl. Didn't completely get what a Stage 4 was either, being a resonator and mid muffler delete and keeping your exhausts.

Now what I'm looking at is either swap my exhausts for Magnaflows and swap my j-pipe for a better one (ATLP, RV6, XLR8), or go Stage 4 with same exhaust swap and maybe swap a j-pipe after depending on the loudness.
Likewise - I'm thinking about swapping the stock mufflers to Magnaflow 11365, and probably going with an RV6 Long Tube J-Pipe. The mufflers will make the most difference in sound.
Old 10-23-2019, 11:12 PM
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
This is for those who are curious in EndlessRPM exhaust setups. Probably my most favourite I have heard compared

I might be the guinea pig for those who are curious about running RV6 PCDs on an EndlessRPM set-up; I need to order those soon!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMq8NP2YWKM\