If you are considering an aftermarket exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 05:48 PM
Got Pearl?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you are considering an aftermarket exhaust

and are looking for magnaflows on the net...there is only one place to buy them from and that is http://www.hottexhaust.com/Index2.htm They are awesome.

The story of why:

I went to have my exhaust built, know that I went with a different muffler than most, (magnaflow 14829 stright thru) well the guy I take to have my exhaust built is like these will not work, so I am a little pissed off, so I went to another guy, who is a little out of the way 45mins down the road, but who was highly reccommened (I should have listened) He looks at my TL and laughs and says his friend has a TL and that under the TL its tight, but he looks at my mufflers tells me what will happen and what they will look like, but he says he can do it no problem. So I start thinking about what he said I call him back and ask him if 4x9x11 offset/center (14362)would be easier to work with and he said yes, so I called john at hottexhaust and he is just awesome to work with , he takes care of me big time, so I am getting the new mufflers and tips and I am shipping the mufflers to someone else that ordered them and I am only out 15 to ship, and a lot less hassles.
Old 09-28-2005, 06:16 PM
Youse Gots Sacked

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
good to hear...i plan to be doing the magnaflow set up after the winter save up a little cash.

are you gonna weld the stock exhaust tips onto the new magnaflows? thats what i most likely will do, i like the idea of a stealth look in a car, and the idea of surprise.
Old 09-28-2005, 07:11 PM
Got Pearl?

Originally Posted by NFLblitze1
good to hear...i plan to be doing the magnaflow set up after the winter save up a little cash.

are you gonna weld the stock exhaust tips onto the new magnaflows? thats what i most likely will do, i like the idea of a stealth look in a car, and the idea of surprise.

not sure what i am going to do yet. But I doubt I am going to keep the stock tips, I really don't like them.
Old 09-28-2005, 09:59 PM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
Originally Posted by NFLblitze1

i left the stock tips on for a while...got a lot of comments about it...then one got all fucked up. you've seen the picture of what i have since put on...while they have grown on me i still liked how the stock ones looked.
Old 10-01-2005, 07:27 PM
Three Wheelin'

subinf, is there much of a hp gain w/ the magnaflow exhaust, or is it purely just the way it sounds? any sound clips on AZ?
Old 10-01-2005, 10:17 PM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
Originally Posted by Laxplaya11385
subinf, is there much of a hp gain w/ the magnaflow exhaust, or is it purely just the way it sounds? any sound clips on AZ?

i built the system i have on my car now solely for the purpose of changing the tone of the car. i was not interested in hp gains or anything, and as a result left a lot of the stock exhaust pipe on. i dont think it would have made a huge difference if i had substituted with pipe i made, but i cant be for sure. one way or the other (with the exhaust or intake) i cant say for sure i have noticed anything but a mpg increase (when driving easy).