I did some reseach, and which one u recommend?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 09:08 PM
mio
Police

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I did some reseach, and which one u recommend?

Injen:

The Race Division cold air intake system from Injen Technology is a high-performance, dyno-proven system made of CNC mandrel bent 6061 T-6 aluminum alloy. By locating the air filter outside the engine compartment, cooler air increases the intake charge density for more power over the whole RPM range. Each intake is carefully engineered for a perfect fit and superior performance. Many other intakes on the market are made of only 3.00" diameter tubes. This may cause friction between the battery and the intake system, dented hoods, or an unbalanced air fuel ratio, which can be harmful to your engine. Injen Technology has taken extra measures to ensure that consumers get exactly what they paid for: Optimum throttle response. Injen Technologies has in-house capabilities for bending 2.25", 2.50", 2.75", and 3.00" diameter tubes on various bend radii. They polish every intake for those who are conscious of aesthetics along with horsepower gain. With the use of 1/4" thick 6061 T-6 aluminum and precise CNC machined brackets and adapters, you are guaranteed an exact fit every time. Every Injen air filter is made from highly resistant urethane rubber and comes with a unique built-in velocity stack to smooth the incoming air. A four-ply cotton gauze element filters out harmful particles. Not only does Injen dedicate themselves to making precisely crafted intakes, they also back it with a limited lifetime warranty to ensure a quality intake for years to come.
Features

CNC Mandrel Bent 6061 T-6 Aluminum Aerospace Alloy Construction
TIG Welded Vacuum Fittings and Brackets for a Precision Fit
Injen Urethane Filter with Built-In Velocity Stack for Maximized Air Flow
All Intakes Are CARB Certified, Or Are Currently Pending
Rubber Vibra-Mount To Eliminate Damage Due To Engine Torque
Stainless Steel Clamps
Dyno Proven Horsepower!
Application Note(s)

CARB 04 only
Applications
ACURA TL 2004-05

Shipping Weight: 8 lbs
Warranty: lifetime

AEM:

AEM Cold Air induction systems create MORE horsepower than cheaper inferior intake systems. Only AEM induction systems feature CNC mandrel-bent 6061 aluminum intake pipes that are individually tuned in both length and diameter to maximize power in each application. Every AEM intake is powder coated and has TIG-welded fittings and brackets. AEM Cold Air systems relocate the filter outside of the engine compartment for a cooler intake charge and more power over the rpm range. For filtration, AEM utilizes its new lightweight urethane, four-layer cotton-gauze filter that features a redesigned air horn that makes an additional 1-3 HP on our Air Induction Systems. All AEM air induction systems are C.A.R.B. exempt or pending exemption (50 state legal) and come with complete installation hardware, comprehensive instructions, AEM decal and license plate frame.
To avoid the possibility of introducing water into the intake system and hydrolocking your engine, the use of the AEM Air Bypass Valve is highly recommended.

Features

Dyno tested to produce maximum gain throughout the powerband
Only air induction systems on the market that utilize a complete hardware kit with soft mountsfor a guaranteed perfect fit every time
Every intake system is C.A.R.B. exempt or pending exemption (50 state legal)
Available in blue, red, silver and polished for show-quality looks
Stainless-steel, double-wound clamp and fiber-reinforced silicone couplers for unsurpassed reliability
NEW Exclusive one-piece AEM filter eases installation and improves performance
Manufactured and assembled in the USA
Applications
ACURA TL 2004-05

Shipping Weight: 7 lbs

K&N:

The Typhoon™ Air Intake System is a free-flowing, mandrel-bent, aluminum tube induction system designed to provide cooler, denser air to the engine for increased performance. It is a direct replacement for your restrictive factory air box and the constrictive air filter and inlet tract. Typhoon kits provide the highest level of air flow achievable using aluminum tubes that look great under your hood. Designed to fit most sport compact performance vehicles, All Typhoon Air Intake Systems come with a reusable conical K&N Filtercharger® element backed by K&N’s exclusive Million Mile Limited Warranty. Using the most advanced airflow management technology, K&N has optimized the flow characteristics of the Typhoon Air Intake System to complement its high-flow Filtercharger® element. Typhoon Air Intake Systems are available in four distinctive finishes: Powder coated sparkled red, blue, silver; and brightly polished aluminum. All systems are CARB except or pending exemption and come complete with installation hardware and step-by-step installation instructions, perfect for the do-it-yourselfer.
Features

Great performance and style
CNC Mandrel Bent 6061 Aluminum Tubing
Dupont Nomex® Reinforced Silicone Hoses
Stainless Steel Barrel-Locking Hose Clamps
Precision CNC Machined Billet Aluminum Flanges
All Complete Cold Air Systems can be Converted to Short Ram Systems
Includes DryCharger® Filter Wrap To Help Repel Water
All K&N Systems Bolt On to Factory Mounting Points
Highly Detailed Installation Instructions Help Reduce Install Times
Includes XStream® Filter (most models)
Million Mile Limited Warranty
Precision Engineered Components for a Perfect Fit
More than 35 Years of R&D Technology
Adds 5-15 More Horsepower (most models, results may vary)
Powder Coated Colors: Blue, Red, Silver, or Polished Aluminum
3.2L Only • Silver Finish
Applications
ACURA TL 2004

Shipping Weight: 6.55 lbs

info. from "cardomain.com"
Old 12-12-2005, 09:10 PM
mio
Police

and based on those intro: for engine safEty, i think INJEN is the best...

for more power, i think K&N is the best? coz it adds15 more hp. (better than others?)

and for most of ppl here, i saw they all got AEM ...

so just confused which one to go...
Old 12-12-2005, 09:13 PM
mio
Police

Originally Posted by mio
To avoid the possibility of introducing water into the intake system and hydrolocking your engine, the use of the AEM Air Bypass Valve is highly recommended.
do i need to install air bypass for INJEN CAI and K&N CAI too?
Old 12-12-2005, 09:15 PM
mio
Police

Originally Posted by mio
Many other intakes on the market are made of only 3.00" diameter tubes. This may cause friction between the battery and the intake system, dented hoods, or an unbalanced air fuel ratio, which can be harmful to your engine. Injen Technology has taken extra measures to ensure that consumers get exactly what they paid for: Optimum throttle response. Injen Technologies has in-house capabilities for bending 2.25", 2.50", 2.75", and 3.00" diameter tubes on various bend radii.
is this talkin about AEM or K&N? r they really gonna harmful to the engine?
Old 12-12-2005, 11:39 PM
MR1
05/5AT/Navi/ABP/Quartz

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts
Are you just talking to yourself because I don't have any answers for you?
Old 12-12-2005, 11:54 PM
tTLiang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
don't know ingen HP gain
but k&N is only 6.8 on typhoon
AEM claimed 19.6 HP (largest gain) i think due to sensor relocation.
A/F ratio that's what sensors are for.

that's why everybody is getting AEM. many people here installed AEM with no problems. i think you should get that too.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:04 AM
mio
Police

Thank u very much! TTLIANG!
Old 12-13-2005, 12:14 AM
tehLEGOman

Received 1,983 Likes on 1,336 Posts
You missed one.

www.f5air.com

I don't know of any members that have tried this version.

I believe its the most expensive of the choices, but yet it features the most intricate air filter.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:17 AM
tehLEGOman

Old 12-13-2005, 12:41 AM
mio
Police

Originally Posted by ACCURATEin

is this one gonna dmg the battery ?

like the injen said : Many other intakes on the market are made of only 3.00" diameter tubes. This may cause friction between the battery and the intake system, dented hoods, or an unbalanced air fuel ratio, which can be harmful to your engine. Injen Technology has taken extra measures to ensure that consumers get exactly what they paid for: Optimum throttle response. Injen Technologies has in-house capabilities for bending 2.25", 2.50", 2.75", and 3.00" diameter tubes on various bend radii.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:48 AM
tehLEGOman

This Fujita cold air intake appears to be good quality.

You should just be the guinea pig and order one. Once you install it give us a review.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:51 AM
mio
Police

Originally Posted by ACCURATEin
This Fujita cold air intake appears to be good quality.

You should just be the guinea pig and order one. Once you install it give us a review.
lol, I'll try...
Old 12-13-2005, 03:43 AM
mio
Police

Dose anyone here know which bypass will fit the AEM 21-513P?

AEM Bypass Valve 2.25?

AEM Bypass Valve 2.5?

AEM Bypass Valve 2.75?

AEM Bypass Valve 3.0?
Old 12-13-2005, 05:44 AM
HEK
Team Nighthawk Mambo King

When I was looking into the CAI for the TL, Injen had the RD available only for the automatics so I chose AEM. I had an Injen on my RSX-S and like the AEM on my TL they both are IMHO equally made meaning both of good quality.
As far of the By-Pass valve, again IMHO it's useless unless you're planing on driving thru water that will entirely submerge the filter. I had CAI on my 2K Civic Si ( AEM w/o bypass), 2002 RSX-S (Injen w/o bypass), 2003 Element EX (Injen w/o bypass), son's 2004 Civic EX ( AEM V2 no bypass) and now the TL...so living in MA a State that has torrential rain in the Spring and heavy snow now...brrr ,never had the problem driving or doing any damage, then again I wasn't stupid enough to try to cross any streets that were flooded either, common sense is the key amigo good luck..
Old 12-13-2005, 07:33 AM
tTLiang

^ agree. i don't think they have bypass valve for 04 TL yet anyway. nonetheless they are kinda useless in most situations + u'll lose some gain.

every company's got a department called "marketing" (i'm sure u know that). when they speak about others, they speak in general terms. what happened before on a 90 Mustang with "joe smoke" CAI doesn't mean it's the case for TL. relax. many years and many car experiences collectively on this forum should mean something. today is not the first day AEM or popular one came out. i am sure we'd hear it by now if someone's battery is damaged by whatever CAI. Think about it for a sec. we bitch about even tiny buzz in our cars here. to me, it's a good thing.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:33 AM
Suzuka Master

Moved to parts & performance.
Old 12-13-2005, 10:38 AM
I like to whistle in my

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would get the Fujita more to be different but thats just me.
I would be willing to get it though because it's designed by the same person that worked for Injen and I would get the Injen over AEM, so why not.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:19 PM
mio
Police

Originally Posted by HEK
When I was looking into the CAI for the TL, Injen had the RD available only for the automatics so I chose AEM. I had an Injen on my RSX-S and like the AEM on my TL they both are IMHO equally made meaning both of good quality.
As far of the By-Pass valve, again IMHO it's useless unless you're planing on driving thru water that will entirely submerge the filter. I had CAI on my 2K Civic Si ( AEM w/o bypass), 2002 RSX-S (Injen w/o bypass), 2003 Element EX (Injen w/o bypass), son's 2004 Civic EX ( AEM V2 no bypass) and now the TL...so living in MA a State that has torrential rain in the Spring and heavy snow now...brrr ,never had the problem driving or doing any damage, then again I wasn't stupid enough to try to cross any streets that were flooded either, common sense is the key amigo good luck..
thanks for sharing ur experience, that really helps!
Old 12-13-2005, 07:23 PM
mio
Police

Originally Posted by ttliang
^ agree. i don't think they have bypass valve for 04 TL yet anyway. nonetheless they are kinda useless in most situations + u'll lose some gain.

every company's got a department called "marketing" (i'm sure u know that). when they speak about others, they speak in general terms. what happened before on a 90 Mustang with "joe smoke" CAI doesn't mean it's the case for TL. relax. many years and many car experiences collectively on this forum should mean something. today is not the first day AEM or popular one came out. i am sure we'd hear it by now if someone's battery is damaged by whatever CAI. Think about it for a sec. we bitch about even tiny buzz in our cars here. to me, it's a good thing.
oh, they haven't got any bypass valve yet?

but this website put those AEM bypass into "TL STORE".... well, I don't know why...

http://www.cardomain.com/shoplist~b~...ke+Accessories
Old 12-13-2005, 08:17 PM
tTLiang

Originally Posted by mio
oh, they haven't got any bypass valve yet?

but this website put those AEM bypass into "TL STORE".... well, I don't know why...

http://www.cardomain.com/shoplist~b~...ke+Accessories
i guess the right diam. will fit. they just don't have an official one listed on AEM website yet.