HOLY SHIZ!!! The wife noticed!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2005 | 01:21 PM
Pro

HOLY SHIZ!!! The wife noticed!!!!

My wife and I were going on a date for the first time in a while (anyone with kids can understand how hard that can be sometimes!) and we were driving for about 10 min through town......no worries. Everything was perfect.

Then we go onto the on ramp for the freeway. I drove like I normally do, except towards the top of the ramp, I went ahead and downshifted to 3rd to get ahead of another car that was coming up fast in the other lane.

Well anyway, after we got onto the freeway, I went to go change the CD in the changer and notice my wife staring at me with the "I so busted you face on"

I sat back and thought to myself "What the hell did I do that I left evidence that she now knows about?!?!?! "

I looked at her and said: "What?" (with the sliest smile I could)

She says: "You know what"

"Honey, we are just starting our date, lets not go through this now, what the hell did I do?"

"How many miles do you have on this car"

Without even looking down at the dash (pretty sad, I know) I said "3400 miles why?"

"3400 miles, 3400 miles and you could not resist messing with the damn car already!!"

"Huh????"

"Oh Come on Mitchell, I know you did something to this car already, you just could not resist could you? What the hell did you do?? The car doesn't sound normal, it sounds deeper. What the hell did you do? If it voids the warranty I am going to kill you"

"Honey, I don't know what you are talking about. I had a heavy foot on the on ramp, sorry about that, but the car is fine."

"What did you do?"

"Nothing" I turn away

"AH HA!! There you go, you never could look at me while lying!! What the hell did
do to the car"

"Sweety, Love muffin....."

"Just tell me......"

That was all she wrote.....I was able to get her off my back, but she noticed....

I think we should all start a petition for ALL aftermarket companies, that they have to pass the "wife hearing" test and make sure that they cannot hear the changes that we make!!!

BTW It was the new AEM CAI!!!!

Don't worry people!! I was able to make it up to her later that night

Please share your stories...
Old 10-13-2005 | 01:39 PM
Burning Brakes

Thats great! Just express to her the advantages and explain that acura installs intakes themselves. She doesnt have to know that they dont install this one but you get the point.
Old 10-13-2005 | 01:52 PM

LOL!! That was a great laugh!
Old 10-13-2005 | 01:54 PM
Pro

I am glad my pain is your pleasure!
lol
Old 10-13-2005 | 02:13 PM
Administrator

Good story.
Old 10-13-2005 | 02:44 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Ron A
Good story.
Indeed. I can definitely relate to Mitch's situation.
Old 10-13-2005 | 03:07 PM
Got Pearl?

LMAO...my wife said the same thing....but she actually liked the noise and said to me on our trip last week "if you want to put mufflers on the car and change that stuff up I trust you, but just don't make it sound like a damn flea" (aka civic with an aftermarket exhaust)

So I have a list of things that she already knows that I have bought but yet to put on

magnaflows exhaust cat back
aspec suspension
cross drilled brakes and new pads.
Door Sills

So I am a happy person
Old 10-13-2005 | 03:09 PM
Oderint dum metuant.

That wonderful little story brought a laugh and a smile to my day. Thank you.
Old 10-13-2005 | 04:00 PM
Burning Brakes

my wife has been fine with me installing aftermarket stuff. she knows that it makes me happy. she even paid for the tires for my 18" set.

I LUV MY WIFEY!!!!
Old 10-13-2005 | 04:11 PM
iDrink

lol thats a quite a story. especially when she gave you the "I so busted you face." i can definately say i know how that feels.
Old 10-13-2005 | 04:18 PM
"Joe Cool"

Originally Posted by F23A4
Same here!! I have been married for going on 17 yrs. (some of you weren't even driving yet)and I can't get anything past her.

However she wouldn't mind me putting any upgrades on as long as I don't make the car look " Immature"

She doesn't like the cars with the huge spoilers, stickers and loud exhausts, you know things like that.
Old 10-13-2005 | 06:58 PM
I like to whistle in my

Originally Posted by invincible569
LOL!! That was a great laugh!
I actually did LOL. especially at the "Love Muffin' part.haha
Old 10-13-2005 | 09:38 PM
2004 SSM/EB/5AT/Navi/RSB

That's awesome! My wife won't mind me modifying my car as long as the warranty is valid and I'm not using money we had saved for something more practical. My first purchased modification will be the CT RSB.

As far as car sounds go, though, her GMC Yukon, which we bought used, has a dual-pipe cat-back exhaust that makes it sound like a Winston-cup car when you stomp it. It's one of her favorite things about her car. She loves the fact that she can hear this deep, throaty, purr while driving and a satisfying rumbling, gurgling sound when coasting. While she likes driving my TL, she thinks her's sounds more ballsy.
Old 10-13-2005 | 09:41 PM
2005 WDP TL

Same story here......"what did you do to this car, it sounds different?"
Old 10-13-2005 | 10:04 PM
Instructor

Yeah, that was a great laugh. My girlfriend ask me why I put money into my car and I tell her it makes me happy. And she's fine with it I guess as long as it makes me happy and I have the money to do it and ain't in the hole. So, far all I've done to my car is 20s TSW Thruxton, UR pulley and rear deck lip wing and I only have 1300 miles on it. I think I'm going to add the Navi to Dvd with a Dvd Changer next month and Comptech Sway Bar.
Old 10-14-2005 | 05:54 AM
Senior Moderator

My wife (being an Accountant by profession) has a hard time justifying added driving enjoyment as a viable ROI.
Old 10-16-2005 | 12:13 PM
6th Gear

Haha, very cute.
Old 10-16-2005 | 02:12 PM
Does anyone read this

Originally Posted by XjoEnX
lol thats a quite a story. especially when she gave you the "I so busted you face." i can definately say i know how that feels.

XjoEnX I like your Avatar

Ya I can't wait to get a an AEM CAI.
Old 10-16-2005 | 03:17 PM
Shift_faster

My wife (being an Accountant by profession) has a hard time justifying added driving enjoyment as a viable ROI.
Hell I'm an accountant. Can't justify the expense, but still love the drive! I might just develop schizophrenia!

Good story though.
Old 10-16-2005 | 07:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DeathtoToasters
My wife and I were going on a date for the first time in a while (anyone with kids can understand how hard that can be sometimes!) and we were driving for about 10 min through town......no worries. Everything was perfect.

Then we go onto the on ramp for the freeway. I drove like I normally do, except towards the top of the ramp, I went ahead and downshifted to 3rd to get ahead of another car that was coming up fast in the other lane.

Well anyway, after we got onto the freeway, I went to go change the CD in the changer and notice my wife staring at me with the "I so busted you face on"

I sat back and thought to myself "What the hell did I do that I left evidence that she now knows about?!?!?! "

I looked at her and said: "What?" (with the sliest smile I could)

She says: "You know what"

"Honey, we are just starting our date, lets not go through this now, what the hell did I do?"

"How many miles do you have on this car"

Without even looking down at the dash (pretty sad, I know) I said "3400 miles why?"

"3400 miles, 3400 miles and you could not resist messing with the damn car already!!"

"Huh????"

"Oh Come on Mitchell, I know you did something to this car already, you just could not resist could you? What the hell did you do?? The car doesn't sound normal, it sounds deeper. What the hell did you do? If it voids the warranty I am going to kill you"

"Honey, I don't know what you are talking about. I had a heavy foot on the on ramp, sorry about that, but the car is fine."

"What did you do?"

"Nothing" I turn away

"AH HA!! There you go, you never could look at me while lying!! What the hell did
do to the car"

"Sweety, Love muffin....."

"Just tell me......"

That was all she wrote.....I was able to get her off my back, but she noticed....

I think we should all start a petition for ALL aftermarket companies, that they have to pass the "wife hearing" test and make sure that they cannot hear the changes that we make!!!

BTW It was the new AEM CAI!!!!

Don't worry people!! I was able to make it up to her later that night

Please share your stories...
hahaha good one. When I installed my AEM, my girlfriend (who knows nothing about cars) noticed as well. It's quite obvious when the CAI is so loud...
Old 10-16-2005 | 09:00 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

oh man I cant wait to get mine now.....

great story toaster!!
Old 10-17-2005 | 12:09 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

That is a great story!

My fiancee keeps bitching about everything I buy.....which is why she is still my fiancee! (one of the reasons anyway!) She has been bitching about me taking all the emblems off the Lexus for a long time .... and she pays JACK SQUAT for it too! (I pay both car payments and house payment too?). I say if she has a problem with it....I must not be the one! She just likes to bitch....I got pissed one day and said fine and started to uninstall the L-tuned exhaust from the Lexus and she about shit and stopped me. She loves the stares out on the road.....just doesnt want to admit it.

Thanks for sharing your story.....that was great!
Old 10-17-2005 | 12:22 PM
Peach Tea

LOL great read!
Old 10-17-2005 | 12:59 PM
I6

Great story
Old 10-17-2005 | 02:42 PM
Instructor

hahaha good story!
Old 10-22-2005 | 09:14 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MichaelBenz
That is a great story!

My fiancee keeps bitching about everything I buy.....which is why she is still my fiancee! (one of the reasons anyway!) She has been bitching about me taking all the emblems off the Lexus for a long time .... and she pays JACK SQUAT for it too! (I pay both car payments and house payment too?). I say if she has a problem with it....I must not be the one! She just likes to bitch....I got pissed one day and said fine and started to uninstall the L-tuned exhaust from the Lexus and she about shit and stopped me. She loves the stares out on the road.....just doesnt want to admit it.

Thanks for sharing your story.....that was great!
To each their own, but... why in the world are you considering marrying this woman? You want this kind of disrespect your whole life?!
Old 10-23-2005 | 01:48 AM
Life at 6,000 feet. Nice.

It sounds like your wife knows you, as well as your car! By her asking "What did you do to the car" it seems that she's known you to do such things before???

I'm looking forward to getting married, but it is kind of nice to be a bachelor in cases like this- no one worries about what I do to my car!
Old 08-01-2007 | 09:22 PM
F-SPORT

Thats a really funny story. I didnt realize the intake can be heard. Makes me wanna get one for my car!!
Old 08-01-2007 | 09:39 PM
Three Wheelin'

get it.
Old 08-02-2007 | 12:53 AM
Three Wheelin'

Good story. That's quite funny and just like a few other guys, my girlfriend continually questions why I want to spend so much on my car. I just bought my intake! Can't wait to get it installed and see what she says! That should be funny! But it's weird because sometimes she wants to buy me gifts for the car too!
Old 08-02-2007 | 01:07 AM
A-spec steering wheel ftw

Originally Posted by TLynn
To each their own, but... why in the world are you considering marrying this woman? You want this kind of disrespect your whole life?!

lol i think that is just the way MB talks, i mean she could actually be bitching..but i doubt he minds it that much, or that it affects him that much...cuz if you read his other posts around here, lol he's def not a pushover.

but yea

MB: i know exactly how you feel, i modded my fiance's G35c, and she bitched me out too, so then i was like okay...i'll just go ahead and put it back to normal (at that point it was just a cat/exhaust setup)....LOL same reaction basically, nearly torn the wrench out of my hands....good times
Old 08-02-2007 | 02:37 AM
Feenin on some 20's

LMFAO... says the dude with the avator "I <3 my wife"
Old 08-02-2007 | 03:05 AM
Safety Car

Holey thread bump! This thread is almost two years old!
Old 08-02-2007 | 08:30 AM
9th Gear

lmfao! im 20 and married and i can already relate ..
Old 08-02-2007 | 10:56 AM
'10 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Originally Posted by datmrman

I was thinking the same exact thing, how did he find this thread, lol.
Old 08-02-2007 | 12:14 PM
Kang Ho

Didnt know until i look at the date!! Funny thread.
Old 08-02-2007 | 12:15 PM
I like to whistle in my

Originally Posted by datmrman
but its still funny. I laughed at the Love muffin part again just like i did in my original post.
Old 08-02-2007 | 05:08 PM
Instructor

sounds like i need to take you to a farm where you could hire a farmer to grow you some balls. pimp slap that ho for taking that jive to you like Dolimite, or Shaft would do. Now when you install a CTSC she wont be whining as hard as your supercharger...
Old 08-02-2007 | 05:43 PM
-E-K-S-O-

My wifeeee is also the C.F.O. of the house...
she authorizes my aftermarket budget...
she helped me pick out parts...
she served me lemon aid while i did the installs...
she got me custome plates at the DMV for my birthday...

and she manages to drive my car 3 times out of the week... go figure...
Old 08-02-2007 | 06:03 PM
Pro

VERY FUNNY!!!

OK The "anti-story" of yours....

After many weeks and a few problems I finally got home with my new wheels and tires. I say to my wife..."got the tires today!!" with a huge shit-eating grin on my face. (Note that she just parked next to my car in the garage, and didn't see). Her reply..."Yeah?" So I say "yeah, didn't you notice?" She just smiles and says "Nope." "Come on out and look!" I tell her...and she does. Then, her reaction..."They look the same to me. You paid over 2 grand and there's no difference at all!"

You be the judge...

OEM wheels...

New wheels...

EXACTLY the same!

Quick Reply: HOLY SHIZ!!! The wife noticed!!!!