Greddy EVO2 Installed.....Loud as Helllll!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 09:11 AM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
for an old dude ur car sure is fly...

ps. precat deletes will mandate a resonated exhaust.... my car has the ar25 on a custom single exit, I did get a wiff of the full richie setup with greddy evo2 and ar25 installed... ... that is sunny201's setup, if he goes to the meet on sunday I will get a vid clip for ya
Old 10-17-2008, 10:40 AM
Green Machine

Received 42 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by luckyAKAhappy
Thanks. They look really nice and I was thinking of those or the Enkei GTC01 or Varianza T1S. So many nice wheels available. What to do what to do. LOL.

Anyways, prior to buying Greddy...why that over Comptech?
It was few of reasons, because initially I wanted the comptech. I got the greddy used and couldn't beat the price. I wanted to satisfy my curiousity in have an aftermarket catback, I think the greddy is the best as far as hp gains. Eventhough I don't like the cans, but I like the way the huge tips covers the Aspec opening.

I'm sure I would have been satified with the comptech if I would have found one for cheap.
Old 10-17-2008, 10:44 AM
Green Machine

Originally Posted by jmkiang
Car looks good btw
Thanks bro!

Originally Posted by stillhere153
for an old dude ur car sure is fly...

ps. precat deletes will mandate a resonated exhaust.... my car has the ar25 on a custom single exit, I did get a wiff of the full richie setup with greddy evo2 and ar25 installed... ... that is sunny201's setup, if he goes to the meet on sunday I will get a vid clip for ya
That would be great man! Just trying to keep up with you youngsters, but don't want you to hear me comin.
Old 10-17-2008, 10:52 AM
zaino'd

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Haha sneaky bastard!!!

COMPTECH TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-17-2008, 11:00 AM
My baby's ride...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by t0talacuratl
It was few of reasons, because initially I wanted the comptech. I got the greddy used and couldn't beat the price. I wanted to satisfy my curiousity in have an aftermarket catback, I think the greddy is the best as far as hp gains. Eventhough I don't like the cans, but I like the way the huge tips covers the Aspec opening.

I'm sure I would have been satified with the comptech if I would have found one for cheap.
I too want a new exhaust and after reading so many threads on exhaust, I think I'm choosing between the Comptech or xlr8 resonated. I don't think I will be able to stand the drone or the loudness at my old age.
Old 10-17-2008, 11:19 AM
Green Machine

Originally Posted by luckyAKAhappy
I too want a new exhaust and after reading so many threads on exhaust, I think I'm choosing between the Comptech or xlr8 resonated. I don't think I will be able to stand the drone or the loudness at my old age.
Don't blame you man.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:12 PM
Green Machine

Another clip with drive-by's

Old 10-21-2008, 08:47 PM
NOT my TL or ME

Originally Posted by t0talacuratl
Well I guess it's my age, because this thing is loud to me. Just this morning I was backed into my drive way. Cranked the car; it vibrated my kitchen windows! That just too much for me man! I will probably keep the exhaust on for a little while. I will most likely go with another set up or go back to stock.
PM me if you wanna let it go, ill take it off ur hands for the right prices.... I got cash so let me know. =)
Old 10-21-2008, 08:55 PM
Green Machine

Originally Posted by ThezeSkillz
PM me if you wanna let it go, ill take it off ur hands for the right prices.... I got cash so let me know. =)
Sorry, but I think I'm going to keep it for a while. Having too much fun!
Old 10-22-2008, 09:38 PM
The Darker the berry....

Well I finally broke down and re-installed the mid-muffler back into my exhaust - so now I am stock (res and mid-muffler) from the cat back to the GReddy y-pipe. I had to cut the front of the GReddy y-pipe to get the mid-muffler in, which I really was trying to avoid, but there was no other way. I kept the pieces so if I decide to go back to stock later on, I'll just weld the front of the GReddy y-pipe back on and sell it at a discount. Sounds really nice now - no resonation at all, just a really low grumble at idle, nice low-pitched wail at WOT but very muted and low-key - not vibrating the kitchen windows anymore when I remote-start in the AM!!!
Old 10-23-2008, 11:15 AM
Trucki!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by jetblakTL
Well I finally broke down and re-installed the mid-muffler back into my exhaust - so now I am stock (res and mid-muffler) from the cat back to the GReddy y-pipe. I had to cut the front of the GReddy y-pipe to get the mid-muffler in, which I really was trying to avoid, but there was no other way. I kept the pieces so if I decide to go back to stock later on, I'll just weld the front of the GReddy y-pipe back on and sell it at a discount. Sounds really nice now - no resonation at all, just a really low grumble at idle, nice low-pitched wail at WOT but very muted and low-key - not vibrating the kitchen windows anymore when I remote-start in the AM!!!
Looks like me and you are back at it Jet, I'm going to install a mid in mine soon, the change rattelling in my cup holder is starting to drive me alittle nuts lol
Old 10-23-2008, 11:27 AM
zaino'd

Selling my Aero AR25 resonator (brand new) if anyone is interested. Will be in the BM shortly
Old 10-23-2008, 02:29 PM
The Darker the berry....

lembowski - I hear ya... The breaking point came this week - long story short, I blew a tire out last week and didn't want to drive the 40 miles to work on a donut so I switched cars with wifey for the day until my new tire came. She and my kids then proceeded to rip into me when I got home - your car is too loud, we couldn't hear ourselves talking, it was giving us a headache, our friends thought something was wrong with the car, blah, blah, blah. They were exaggerating of course, but the noise had def started to wear thin on me from before their complaints anyway - and this was with the stock resonator already re-installed from months ago. I'm def glad I did it though, I love the new sound and as I said, I can come and go from my house without waking the dead now - I am 37 after all. Now I;m getting an earful because I spent $700 on the system and half of it is hanging in my shed - just can't win........
Old 10-23-2008, 02:47 PM
Green Machine

Originally Posted by jetblakTL
lembowski - I hear ya... The breaking point came this week - long story short, I blew a tire out last week and didn't want to drive the 40 miles to work on a donut so I switched cars with wifey for the day until my new tire came. She and my kids then proceeded to rip into me when I got home - your car is too loud, we couldn't hear ourselves talking, it was giving us a headache, our friends thought something was wrong with the car, blah, blah, blah. They were exaggerating of course, but the noise had def started to wear thin on me from before their complaints anyway - and this was with the stock resonator already re-installed from months ago. I'm def glad I did it though, I love the new sound and as I said, I can come and go from my house without waking the dead now - I am 37 after all. Now I;m getting an earful because I spent $700 on the system and half of it is hanging in my shed - just can't win........
I'm going to stick it out a little longer. I guess I've gotten use to it now. The only bad part is cranking it up in the mornings. Surprised I haven't heard from my neighbors yet. I have some ideas of changing the noise level without compromising the performance. We'll see!
Old 10-27-2008, 05:00 PM
Instructor

I noticed if you just barely keep the foot on the gas or use cruise control on the highway (basically reduce engine load to minimum at a certain speed), the drone at 2-3K will reduce significantly...
Old 10-27-2008, 07:14 PM
A Black TL

Won't Precat deletes make your car louder. If i get the Ev0 II what can i add to make it louder?
Old 10-27-2008, 09:44 PM
zaino'd

Precats will open you up more... hence louder. Custom J and race pipe will help too.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:30 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by TL|GTX
Won't Precat deletes make your car louder. If i get the Ev0 II what can i add to make it louder?
Did I hear you right? LOUDER? lol
Old 10-28-2008, 09:08 AM
Green Machine

I was just thinking this morning as I was stuck in traffic. The noise of this exhaust has been really getting to me lately, so I might be putting this up for sale very soon. I did like the extra top-end pull, but the low end "driving around town" drone is killing me!
Old 10-28-2008, 09:25 AM
zaino'd

^ Was waiting for you to crack. Haha pick up the Tanabe! Or buy my CT so I can buy the Tanabe
Old 10-28-2008, 09:26 AM
Green Machine

^ Was waiting for you to crack. Haha pick up the Tanabe! Or buy my CT so I can buy the Tanabe
Why? The CT isn't quiet enough for you?
Old 10-28-2008, 09:48 AM
zaino'd

Its TOO quiet! I hope that the precat deletes will "louden" up my shizzle

The tips on the Tanabe are larger... (Yes I know the dB's are about the same as the CT)
Old 10-28-2008, 09:54 AM
Green Machine

Its TOO quiet! I hope that the precat deletes will "louden" up my shizzle

The tips on the Tanabe are larger... (Yes I know the dB's are about the same as the CT)
Well if I can get this Greddy sold, maybe we can work something out.
Old 11-18-2008, 06:19 PM
Instructor

i'm jumping on board cashing my chips in...Greddy, ATLP J-pipe/test pipe is "droning" me to death. i think i'm going w/ Aero25 resonater or maybe even re-installing stock res. Either way, there's some cutting and welding involved something i can deal with.
OPTION 2:
if anyone IVO north VA interested in swapping out exhaust LMK. (i.e. evo2 for CT)
my Evo2 is in excellent condition.