Full List Of aftermarket Parts That Add HP?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 11:36 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Full List Of aftermarket Parts That Add HP?

Hi Everyone,

I have had my car a little under a month and have installed the AEM CAI, Comptech Catback Muffler/Springs, & blue side door bulbs. I have to say I am very happy with all of the mods

But, I am worried that I have reached the limit of what I can do to add horsepower to the car already

What other parts/mods can be added to the TL to add more POWER or should I just move toward the cosmetic mods.

If there are any modes left could you post them and their HP gain?

Thanks,

Mark
Old 10-18-2005, 10:44 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
At this point....all you can do it wait for the Comptech supercharger. You could add an UR Underdrive Pully or at least one with less weight....but that is the only other thing I have seen out there myself. Some say that messing with the pulleys can be a good and bad thing though....usually some type of trade off involved.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:08 AM
Intermediate

What type of trade off?
Old 10-18-2005, 11:14 AM
Intermediate

BTW, can you direct me to the DIY thread for the "shaved" Driver Door Lock Mod?
Old 10-18-2005, 11:16 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by whozizzit
What type of trade off?
Just do a search on UR pulleys....you will find both sides of the camp. Lack of balancer in pulley arguement.....ect. ect. I really dont know myself....I havent had experience with them before.....I have just been told many times "to do your research before messing with the crank pulley" as there can be some issues there that you should be aware of. These are the only issues I have heard....yet....but truely having no experience...I am just saying - do your research before messing with your crank pulley. There are those that have stated that they experience vibrations or something that were not there previous....but that is just what I have read. I thought our engines were internally balanced...which is another side of the arguement.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:30 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by whozizzit
BTW, can you direct me to the DIY thread for the "shaved" Driver Door Lock Mod?
Basically what you do is this.....look at the rear door on the driver side. It has a matching "cover" over the keyhole area that has no hole in it. You order one of those and replace your driver side front cover with it...thus "shaving" your door lock off and smoothing the look as there is now no keyhole in the door handle. Carry a pen screwdriver in your trunk....that is all you need to change these out. If you ever need to access the lock (dead battery and remote wont work) all you have to do is remove the cover with the screwdriver in your trunk!

Here is a complete posting on it....kind of neat little $12 mod! I got mine from A of E on ebay for $8 plus $3.85 priority mail. Had to email them for it though...they dont list them online on ebay. You local dealer can get it too for about the same.

It is about half way down this post where I found it.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122506
Old 10-18-2005, 12:00 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Here is a post of the complete process to "shave your driver door lock...."

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124866
Old 10-22-2005, 12:02 AM
Racer

I don't know if this has been answered but does the remote open the trunk if the battery fails? Even if I carried a tool to get the plastic piece off, how would I get to it if I can't get into the trunk?

Also, which place has the piece for the cheapest price?

THanks for the help. Hopefully I can do this simple change soon.
Old 10-22-2005, 01:35 AM
Youse Gots Sacked

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
no it dosn't
Old 10-22-2005, 02:33 PM
Dr. Feelgood

Too bad my remote starter prevents me from doing this mod.
Old 10-22-2005, 09:55 PM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you can use your key to pop off the mod and then just open the door with your key
Old 10-22-2005, 10:11 PM
Administrator

Received 1,016 Likes on 577 Posts
Originally Posted by SilverStoneTTL
I don't know if this has been answered but does the remote open the trunk if the battery fails? Even if I carried a tool to get the plastic piece off, how would I get to it if I can't get into the trunk?

Also, which place has the piece for the cheapest price?

THanks for the help. Hopefully I can do this simple change soon.
Nothing will open the trunk if the battery fails, except for the manual trunk release located just inside the rear seat pass through. And anything will pry off the cover, as ka0tic said above use the key, then you can use the key to get in the car and activate the manual release.

Since the cover only costs about $8, it isn't worth finding someone who will ship it to you because the shipping charges will result in the piece costing more than you would pay your local dealer. MichaelBenz gives another place to get it in his post above.
Old 10-22-2005, 10:57 PM
Racer

I emailed a dealer who is a sponsor on to order the piece. I go to school in a pretty dead town. Getting to the nearest Acura dealer is a hassle.

Thanks for the info though. I'm definetly gonna do this. Its simple and cheap.

Now though I think I want a CAI. I know with my Z there was a lot of talk of whether it actually helped HP wise.

Is this the same case with the TL? Is it mostly for the sound or will it actually give a boost in performance I will notice?

Why is it everyone goes with AEM? Does Injen not make one? What site do Acura owners on these forums use the most?

Thanks and sorry for the hassle,
Nick