Flashpro initial gains after King Motorsports tune

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 07:09 PM
3.7L Nitrous Breathing CL

Received 160 Likes on 140 Posts
I went from 3.2 to a 3.7 myself and power comparison is night and day.
I also went from fully bolted chirp'n 2nd to being able to spin threw 1st and all of 2nd to the redline If I wanted "Auto". No custom cams and no tune.

Can't wait to see what a fully built and tuned 3.7 can do.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:30 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 571 Likes on 304 Posts
Originally Posted by fsttyms1
Im putting the 3.7 rotating assembly (crank rods pistons) in my (bored) j35 block. Just waiting for a few things to get here so i can start assembling.
that was the question of whether or not everything would fit. Looks like with proper bore you'll be able to sleeve the j37 pistons in. I will be curious to know how that turns out as i've spent some time talking with KMS about this already but it was just theory.

Keep us posted on this as it would be another very exciting build option
Old 01-30-2013, 05:52 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Originally Posted by swoosh

if you use the j37 pistons, you will further increase displacement as the j35 has 89mm pistons and the j37 has 90mm pistons...

man this will be awesome.... :sub'd:

Yep. ill be using them
Old 01-30-2013, 05:56 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by i_love_cars
that was the question of whether or not everything would fit. Looks like with proper bore you'll be able to sleeve the j37 pistons in. I will be curious to know how that turns out as i've spent some time talking with KMS about this already but it was just theory.

Keep us posted on this as it would be another very exciting build option
No sleeving needs to be done (if you plan on running NA), just a bore. Others out there have done it.

I need to talk to KMS about knife edging my 3.7 crank and picking up the KMS Ultimate Valve Train Package with block guard
Old 01-30-2013, 08:24 AM
Burning Brakes

No sleeving needs to be done (if you plan on running NA), just a bore. Others out there have done it.

I need to talk to KMS about knife edging my 3.7 crank and picking up the KMS Ultimate Valve Train Package with block guard
nice, is that build going into the 2000 TL in your avatar heading? Or are you doing this on a 07/08 type-s?

it's too bad you're up in appleton. that's like 2 hours from me ;/ if the build is done by June you should bring it to the KMS annual dyno days
Old 01-30-2013, 12:31 PM
takin care of Business in

Received 4,732 Likes on 4,064 Posts

but I spoke with someone at KMS a while back (dont remember his name, will have to check my emails) and this guy was giving me a killer break....I was trying to get people for head work....he was gonna do the ultimate package which is $1000/head for $700/head....

wish i would have had the funds at that point....
Old 02-01-2013, 02:05 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by swoosh

but I spoke with someone at KMS a while back (dont remember his name, will have to check my emails) and this guy was giving me a killer break....I was trying to get people for head work....he was gonna do the ultimate package which is $1000/head for $700/head....

wish i would have had the funds at that point....
Nice.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:47 PM
Cruisin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
very nice info. I wonder what it would take to use the flashpro on the 7th gen accord platform. Roughly i am thinking purchase matching 07-08TL Denso ECU, Immobilizer, key switch. and maybe a couple re-pins of the ECU plugs should plug right in IMHO idk though.

Also thats solid numbers for not having a 4"inch intake or 3" exhaust. Also those High flow cats are hurting the numbers too. I would say theres a minimum of 25whp still left on tap.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:21 PM
Pro

Received 132 Likes on 91 Posts
Originally Posted by allmotorman57
very nice info. I wonder what it would take to use the flashpro on the 7th gen accord platform. Roughly i am thinking purchase matching 07-08TL Denso ECU, Immobilizer, key switch. and maybe a couple re-pins of the ECU plugs should plug right in IMHO idk though.

Also thats solid numbers for not having a 4"inch intake or 3" exhaust. Also those High flow cats are hurting the numbers too. I would say theres a minimum of 25whp still left on tap.
OMG it's a ghost!

If you do it, please make a thread about it.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:55 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by allmotorman57

yep, 4" intake is coming. NvrDwn made me one and ran into a small dilemma, attempted to fix with more rubber coupling, but to no avail.

He was gracious enough to install a bung for my IAT sensor, so I'm going to re-use that portion of the pipe with the bung, but I need to buy a 4" -> 3.5" reducer and get some additional piping to get it exactly how I want it.

so that plus the PCD's will definitely help. Gonna be raspy as fawk though because I'm non-resonated lol

We definitely have some people here who are going to try and retrofit an 07-08 ECU into the 04-06 TL, so there may be hope for the accord crew
Old 02-02-2013, 07:44 AM
Pro

yep, 4" intake is coming. NvrDwn made me one and ran into a small dilemma, attempted to fix with more rubber coupling, but to no avail.

He was gracious enough to install a bung for my IAT sensor, so I'm going to re-use that portion of the pipe with the bung, but I need to buy a 4" -> 3.5" reducer and get some additional piping to get it exactly how I want it.

so that plus the PCD's will definitely help. Gonna be raspy as fawk though because I'm non-resonated lol

We definitely have some people here who are going to try and retrofit an 07-08 ECU into the 04-06 TL, so there may be hope for the accord crew
It still doesn't work?? Let me know if u need to do anything.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:43 PM
All motor

Received 532 Likes on 395 Posts
Dude you're gonna need a reso, trust me. Magnaflow ftw.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:12 PM
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
Magnaflow is alright if you like the sound, but they dont flow as well. For something different you can look at Vibrant resonators, the ultra quiet are similar to magnaflow but the bottle ones are chambered and dont have the fiberglass packaging, which flows better. Stainless Works smooth tube muffler would be a great resonator as well. They flow great and deaden the sound, and would make it sound unique because no one really runs them on this motor.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:24 PM
All motor

^ The Magnaflow 'resonators' are straight through. They have chambered mufflers as well, but straight through flows better than chambered. The Vibrant UQ is straight through too. The straight through Mags flow very well. If they didn't, they wouldn't be on my car
Old 02-03-2013, 08:30 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Sonnick
Dude you're gonna need a reso, trust me. Magnaflow ftw.
we will see. I personally like it very loud, but the rasp will probably push me over the edge.

I actually have the appropriate magnaflow resonator sitting in my basement right now. I bought it from Richie a while back in case I ever decided I needed it after buying my catback The time may be upon me soon.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:35 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 930 Likes on 612 Posts
On a semi related note, do any of you guys ever get harassed for your exhaust? I think mine is relatively tame with the HFPC's and the resonated XLR8 (although the resonator is tiny) and I got pulled over twice last year. I wasn't even over 3k either time. Once was on St Patty's Day, so he was probably just looking for a DUI.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:24 AM
Cruisin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The only thing that works to quiet the exhaust to almost quiet is four mufflers like magnaflow 8x14 mufflers.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:07 AM
All motor

I haven't gotten pulled over for my exhaust in quite some time, even when it was rattling/resonating. The Vibrant mufflers helped a little bit, but apparently I need a new flex pipe

Placement of the resonator(s) is key as well. Mine is almost right after the collector and between 2-2.3K is the loudest (right at 60-65 on the highway lol). It's not overbearing though.

ILC: Ask King what they recommend in terms of a collector for your Jpipe. I know you already have the collector, but with a different set of cams and more overlap, you may be better off going custom to prevent reversion and take full advantage of the cams.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:54 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 182 Likes on 140 Posts
Another way to solve exhaust noises is to go turbo.
The following users liked this post:
Sonnick (02-04-2013)
Old 02-04-2013, 03:50 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by anx1300c
On a semi related note, do any of you guys ever get harassed for your exhaust? I think mine is relatively tame with the HFPC's and the resonated XLR8 (although the resonator is tiny) and I got pulled over twice last year. I wasn't even over 3k either time. Once was on St Patty's Day, so he was probably just looking for a DUI.
i have been pulled over on numerous occasions because my car attracted attention to itself when I floor it through a yellow light, as one example, and a cop was minding his own business but then hears this roar go past him, lol. and then I get lit up.

One time I was dropping the hammer to go around someone who meandered into my lane like a hEWge idiot doing 15 mph under the speed limit and forced me to slam on my brakes, then I went flying around him. No ticket but I only got pulled over because the cop heard me drop the hammer lol.

the car is just obscenely loud under WOT. I had an s187 mustang back off yesterday, and he had exhaust work done, lol.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:51 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Sonnick
ILC: Ask King what they recommend in terms of a collector for your Jpipe. I know you already have the collector, but with a different set of cams and more overlap, you may be better off going custom to prevent reversion and take full advantage of the cams.
oh i can guarantee custom exhaust would be the way to go, i just don't have anyone around here who fabs stainless steel exhaust. FML.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:13 PM
Best of Both Worlds

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've got the HFPC, rv6 v3 and mangaflow catback. I ended up increasing the resonator size to ease the rasp and drone and now it's perfect sound in my opinion. Looking at the ATLP exhaust for my TL
Old 02-04-2013, 08:43 PM
All motor

oh i can guarantee custom exhaust would be the way to go, i just don't have anyone around here who fabs stainless steel exhaust. FML.
You can buy a custom collector online. I'm sure you can enter your motor/cam specs and they will make one for you.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:26 PM
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
If your willing to pay King will do any exhaust work. It would be cheaper like sonick suggets to source parts yourself. I was going to have them make an exhaust for me but I cheaped out and went with OBX. I still may have them add another resonator and replace the OBX mufflers if I get PCD's. Everything they weld is done with a TIG so it looks absolutely beautiful. If you source parts and have them weld it together it would be reasonably priced still though.
Sonnick (02-05-2013)
Old 02-05-2013, 01:18 PM
Senior Moderator

nice, is that build going into the 2000 TL in your avatar heading? Or are you doing this on a 07/08 type-s?

it's too bad you're up in appleton. that's like 2 hours from me ;/ if the build is done by June you should bring it to the KMS annual dyno days
Sorry, i missed this, yes, its going in my 2000. I either need to convert the wiring to the 07-08 tl-s and run its ecu or convert back to the auto wiring to get the AEM to work so i can tune it.

Next time you go to king you should pm me. Id be up for a road trip.

Have you gasket matched your lower IM and upper? Im in the process of doing that and while the runners and im are the same dia, they dont match up perfectly. Im also doing it to the heads as well. The lower runners i got almost 2 additional mm dia out of. (j35 lower runners)

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...636644&page=25

Old 02-05-2013, 01:51 PM
Burning Brakes

Sorry, i missed this, yes, its going in my 2000. I either need to convert the wiring to the 07-08 tl-s and run its ecu or convert back to the auto wiring to get the AEM to work so i can tune it.

Next time you go to king you should pm me. Id be up for a road trip.

Have you gasket matched your lower IM and upper? Im in the process of doing that and while the runners and im are the same dia, they dont match up perfectly. Im also doing it to the heads as well. The lower runners i got almost 2 additional mm dia out of. (j35 lower runners)
yep, once it warms up and I get a better sense of when I'll have my heads and cams ready, would be sweet to get something set up and get your car on the dyno down here. Best case scenario is both our cars are ready for dyno days in June.

Otherwise I can almost guarantee another WI acurazine meet this year.

I will be gasket matching. Currently I've got my 3.7 IM in stock form and it matches perfectly to the stock gasket and lower runners. However, once I get the runners from Gerzand, I will have to port match my IM to those and naturally match the gasket as well. and probably on the head side as well because there was obviously machining done on the intake side of the heads, so that'll have to be gasket matched i'm sure.
The following 2 users liked this post by i_love_cars:
fsttyms1 (02-05-2013), Sonnick (02-05-2013)
Old 02-05-2013, 09:52 PM
Senior Moderator

yep, once it warms up and I get a better sense of when I'll have my heads and cams ready, would be sweet to get something set up and get your car on the dyno down here. Best case scenario is both our cars are ready for dyno days in June.

Otherwise I can almost guarantee another WI acurazine meet this year.

I will be gasket matching. Currently I've got my 3.7 IM in stock form and it matches perfectly to the stock gasket and lower runners. However, once I get the runners from Gerzand, I will have to port match my IM to those and naturally match the gasket as well. and probably on the head side as well because there was obviously machining done on the intake side of the heads, so that'll have to be gasket matched i'm sure.
Id be all in for it. I really want to get it on the dyno. This summer looks less hectic than last year for me so i should be able to make a couple meets for sure.
Sonnick (02-06-2013)
Old 02-07-2013, 08:50 AM
Lone Wolf

Received 497 Likes on 399 Posts
King motorsports is just over an hour from me. I am gonna see if they are willing to make me custom headers, exhaust, and roll bar. Maybe do an engine build also if they don't mind working on j series.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:15 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by brian6speed
King motorsports is just over an hour from me. I am gonna see if they are willing to make me custom headers, exhaust, and roll bar. Maybe do an engine build also if they don't mind working on j series.
they'll do it but it'll be pretty costly. I was quoted 2500 just for head work alone because according to Mike he has to, quote "throw everything he knows out the window" because they haven't worked on the j-series before.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:20 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 182 Likes on 140 Posts
I've have King do a $1,200 header for me on my 8th. They are specially made and one of a kind to your specification, so it'll be costly.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:25 PM
Lone Wolf

Received 497 Likes on 399 Posts
they'll do it but it'll be pretty costly. I was quoted 2500 just for head work alone because according to Mike he has to, quote "throw everything he knows out the window" because they haven't worked on the j-series before.
Originally Posted by bouncer07
I've have King do a $1,200 header for me on my 8th. They are specially made and one of a kind to your specification, so it'll be costly.
2500 damn. I don't mind paying for quality work. I would be happy with $1200 for my custom headers and they quoted me roughly 800 for exhaust.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:53 PM
Pro

Paul does heads for the accord $900 but if you give him your heads when you receive his you get about $400 back. He may already or be willing to do these.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:44 AM
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by NvrDwn
Paul does heads for the accord $900 but if you give him your heads when you receive his you get about $400 back. He may already or be willing to do these.
he is doing a set for me right now for my Accord... ported/polished/milled heads and installing the 07-08 TL-S Springs and Cams. Also a set of ported runners. I cant wait. Hoping a 30-40whp and 20-30wtq gain

Then i just need a intake manifold and zdx throttle body.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:24 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Atlas.46
he is doing a set for me right now for my Accord... ported/polished/milled heads and installing the 07-08 TL-S Springs and Cams. Also a set of ported runners. I cant wait. Hoping a 30-40whp and 20-30wtq gain

love it
Old 02-08-2013, 08:26 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by bouncer07
Originally Posted by brian6speed
2500 damn. I don't mind paying for quality work. I would be happy with $1200 for my custom headers and they quoted me roughly 800 for exhaust.
this all sounds about right. Talking with Gerz the other day briefly and he mentioned about 1100 for his custom header. It is from a different shop, but that gives some consistency to the pricing.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:33 AM
Senior Moderator

1200 for a custom header from them isnt to bad, Comptech headers for the 2gtl/cl were 1200 bucks
Old 02-08-2013, 12:33 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Atlas.46

Yeah I knew about this. I just don't know if he does the for the TL-S. If he did, man, 350whp+ would be no problem.