Excelerate V2 J-Pipe Review/Issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 12:29 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NvrDwn
You think he will get his money back?

I doubt it.

He knew exactly what he was getting. He had the opportunity to read the return policy and didn't.

This is his fault. Xlr8 makes a product that works and fits. No where did it say it came with a heat shield so wanting one has NOTHING to do with xlr8. It is more than reasonable to think that it got hurt during shipping, that is not xlr8's fault, it's more than likely the shipping companies fault. But xlr8 was willing to help fix the hanger (even though the op could have just bent it back into shape) AND give him a discount to another product. But he got all bent out of shape over "no power gain" EVEN THOUGH he can't prove that as he never went to a dyno. He biases the problem off of 0-60 times and there are so many variables it's just stupid to think about.

I personally don't think he should get his money back.
One way or the other I will get my money back. Oh by the way my TypeS is auto so I didn't mis shift during my runs and was around 6 seconds consistently. I do start to think I clocked better times because I had a sack of pine needles in the trunk. you should try it out, maybe you gain 0.5 seconds 0-60 with it as well? Don't forget the passenger as well. Next thing I know this is going to become a new treat, bail of pine needles mod. Group buy anyone? LOL
Old 02-18-2013, 12:43 PM
Pro

Received 132 Likes on 91 Posts
Originally Posted by MadCleaner
One way or the other I will get my money back. Oh by the way my TypeS is auto so I didn't mis shift during my runs and was around 6 seconds consistently. I do start to think I clocked better times because I had a sack of pine needles in the trunk. you should try it out, maybe you gain 0.5 seconds 0-60 with it as well? Don't forget the passenger as well. Next thing I know this is going to become a new treat, bail of pine needles mod. Group buy anyone? LOL
Auto's don't run the exact same every time.

Pine needles don't weigh enough to make a difference.

An extra person in a fwd car can help traction off the line giving better 0-60 but worse 1/4 mile.

The jpipe does give more torque down low. It is certainly feasible to think that it may have given more tire spin resulting in a slower 0-60.

A lot of people (including myself) say that you don't get the full benefits until a good 250 miles later.

Tire pressure can skew the results.

How long the engine has been running can skew results. (heat soak can be a bitch)

Pre-loading the car makes a difference. You can do this without meaning to.

You could just suck at driving (who knows)

You could have got real shitty fuel. (doubt this but it is possible)

How hot or cold it is can either give or take power.

How was the DA?

The list goes on.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:46 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SharksBreath
yeah...that's what i said.

what are you talking about?
everyone knows you have to trim the underbody plastic for it to fit...big deal.

Everybody doesn't know that, there is no note on the website stating you have to cut/modify anything.

btw you don't have a high flow cat from the factory. the cell count is just lower than the base TL's.
Isn't that making it a high flow cat by definition? Low cell count = higher flow, as opposed to lower flow on the base TL.

if you knew what? that this magical pipe wouldn't net you 100whp?

it does increase the performance. it free's up horsepower you already have. your stock pipe is more restrictive, the xlr8 is more free flowing with longer primaries and rids of 3rd cat.

it DOES increase power, just not 100whp. i don't know what you were expecting.
Can you make up your mind? one post you say "its a piece of cr@p, fudge pudge, what did you expect to get?", this time you say it actually does work? Which one is it? Do you have a flow bench test results to show everyone or its just a bunch of empty talk? HAve you personally dyno the vehicle with the pipe on? I am a bit confused here, help me out.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:49 PM
Intermediate

Auto's don't run the exact same every time.

Pine needles don't weigh enough to make a difference.

An extra person in a fwd car can help traction off the line giving better 0-60 but worse 1/4 mile.

The jpipe does give more torque down low. It is certainly feasible to think that it may have given more tire spin resulting in a slower 0-60.

A lot of people (including myself) say that you don't get the full benefits until a good 250 miles later.

Tire pressure can skew the results.

How long the engine has been running can skew results. (heat soak can be a bitch)

Pre-loading the car makes a difference. You can do this without meaning to.

You could just suck at driving (who knows)

You could have got real shitty fuel. (doubt this but it is possible)

How hot or cold it is can either give or take power.

How was the DA?

The list goes on.
I got 13.9 1/4 mile that night @ 103, with a passenger and needles.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:51 PM
Pro

Received 106 Likes on 84 Posts
Dear XLR8,

I have personally never dealt business directly with you guys, butt, I did however bought a set of used quads exhaust from another member in the Black Market and I have sent you guys an email regarding questions about it and you guys did not hesitate to answer my questions and point me to the right directions so I do think you guys are good peoples and a good vendor. Now with that said, I will gladly buy the returned j-pipe from the OP from you guys so hit me up!
Old 02-18-2013, 12:52 PM
Intermediate

^^^ One way or the other it still didn't fit right. If i bought it on Ebay for 80 bucks then I would throw it in the garbage and call it a day. $475 is pretty steep to throw in the trash.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:55 PM
Pro

I got 13.9 1/4 mile that night @ 103, with a passenger and needles.
Ok? That means nothing.
Old 02-18-2013, 01:16 PM
Intermediate

^^^ ok
Old 02-18-2013, 01:18 PM
BANNED

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,784 Posts
Isn't that making it a high flow cat by definition? Low cell count = higher flow, as opposed to lower flow on the base TL.

Can you make up your mind? one post you say "its a piece of cr@p, fudge pudge, what did you expect to get?", this time you say it actually does work? Which one is it? Do you have a flow bench test results to show everyone or its just a bunch of empty talk? HAve you personally dyno the vehicle with the pipe on? I am a bit confused here, help me out.
no it's not making it a high flow cat by definition. the fact that it has a lower cell count than the base models is just that, a lower cell count. for HFPC's you're looking at 200 vs the 600 that the type-s comes with.

and again, i don't know what you're talking about. i never said it's a piece of crap, i said if you were expecting a TON of power from one single bolt on, then you are out of your mind.

and it's not empty talk, there are dyno graphs all over the place. so sorry this is confusing for you.

i assume you're just trying to get under my skin with your blanket statements. good job? i don't know.
Old 02-18-2013, 01:18 PM
Pro

^^^ ok
Direct quote.

"Dragstrip vs. GTech

For our test, we pitted the GTech Pro SS against the clocks at Irwindale Raceway, our local eighth-mile track. The test vehicle was our '08 Jeep Cherokee CRD, because we figured any errors in the GTech's measurements would be compounded by the high-G, all-wheel-drive launches. On our first run, the track timers revealed a 10.32-second elapsed time, while the GTech told us we ran a 10.04."
Old 02-18-2013, 02:04 PM
Intermediate

Direct quote.

"Dragstrip vs. GTech

For our test, we pitted the GTech Pro SS against the clocks at Irwindale Raceway, our local eighth-mile track. The test vehicle was our '08 Jeep Cherokee CRD, because we figured any errors in the GTech's measurements would be compounded by the high-G, all-wheel-drive launches. On our first run, the track timers revealed a 10.32-second elapsed time, while the GTech told us we ran a 10.04."
Hey Genius, how is this helpful? You comparing apples to oranges here. Same car, same settings same G tech. I even worn same shoes just to please you. Hahaha. I didn't pin a Gtech vs dragstrip here.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:18 PM
Intermediate

no it's not making it a high flow cat by definition. the fact that it has a lower cell count than the base models is just that, a lower cell count. for HFPC's you're looking at 200 vs the 600 that the type-s comes with.

and again, i don't know what you're talking about. i never said it's a piece of crap, i said if you were expecting a TON of power from one single bolt on, then you are out of your mind.

and it's not empty talk, there are dyno graphs all over the place. so sorry this is confusing for you.

i assume you're just trying to get under my skin with your blanket statements. good job? i don't know.
Show me at which point did I say I wanted 100 hp gain from this? According your reasoning HFPC's are just lower cell count as well and not high flow cats neither. Base TL is 900 TLS is 600 and HFPC's are 300-200 depending on the brand. It is empty talk as you Failed to produce flow charts for each J-pipe if you want to be so technical. Why should or anyone believe you boy? The way Excelerate J pipe is designed it still has a bunch of bends and turns and the worst offender of all is the merger from 2.25 dual pipes to 2.50! Do you even know how much the J series could possibly flow? My guess is you don't.

Me getting under your skin? Hardly, this thread is not even about you. You could simply restrain yourself from replying, but you couldn't.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:24 PM
Intermediate

I am not here to argue with everyone. I am here to share my experience. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I respect that. If you are on the market for any parts I would use my caution dealing with Excelerate as I had a bad experience with them. The jury is still out why I got the part that wont fit right or why the service wasn't good or why they got such impressive gains on their dynapack.. I don't know, but it happened. Take it or leave it, up to you. I have more important things to do than to keep this up all day.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:30 PM
Pro

Hey Genius, how is this helpful? You comparing apples to oranges here. Same car, same settings same G tech. I even worn same shoes just to please you. Hahaha. I didn't pin a Gtech vs dragstrip here.
Point is, it's not accurate therefore can't be used to show how well a car accelerates.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:30 PM
BANNED

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,784 Posts
ok, you win. i am wrong and you are right.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:41 PM
Pro

Show me at which point did I say I wanted 100 hp gain from this? According your reasoning HFPC's are just lower cell count as well and not high flow cats neither. Base TL is 900 TLS is 600 and HFPC's are 300-200 depending on the brand. It is empty talk as you Failed to produce flow charts for each J-pipe if you want to be so technical. Why should or anyone believe you boy? The way Excelerate J pipe is designed it still has a bunch of bends and turns and the worst offender of all is the merger from 2.25 dual pipes to 2.50! Do you even know how much the J series could possibly flow? My guess is you don't.

Me getting under your skin? Hardly, this thread is not even about you. You could simply restrain yourself from replying, but you couldn't.
Lol not as much as you think.

Bigger got this guy less power.

http://www..net/forums/7g-honda-acco...35-header.html
Old 02-18-2013, 03:23 PM
Intermediate

Point is, it's not accurate therefore can't be used to show how well a car accelerates.
Its a bad comparison. If you use the same devise and its consistent (accurate or not its doesn't matter) it will be a good test. In my case I was consistently 0.5 seconds faster with a stock pipe.

If you want to argue the Gtech accuracy i can find you dozens of spot on results. It feeds off multiple satellites. The old unit was accelerometer driven which is not as accurate as the Gtech pro. There is many variables that plays into its accuracy. if they had one satellite lock then i would understand the reading being off. As I said I didn't pull this out of my @ss and I am 99 percent sure I gathered sufficient data to conclude that I am better off with a stock pipe. I am done arguing with you unless you are the one refunding me my money.