does anybody has this set up?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 02:48 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
does anybody has this set up?

precat delete+jpipe+race pipe+aftermarket catback?
if so, I want to know if there's any problems with this catless setup
Old 02-07-2009, 02:57 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
yeah i'm pretty sure more than a few people... Some people have said something about precat deletes and the check engine light, whereas others have had no problems.
Old 02-07-2009, 03:42 PM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
the check engine lights have been isolated and eliminated... the few that popped up check engine lights have to do with the ecu rom and/or replacing the defoulers with even smaller openings... richie has included defoulers with the precats since day one and from what I know... 5 cars out of 50+ have had this problem... thats a rough estimate of under 10% of every buyer

richie offers superb customer service to solve problems quicker than they arise... no idea how he finds the time but hey, he's on top of it

regarding the op's question
I ran the full richie setup with a custom single exit catback, it was designed by me so I had the advantage of being able to avoid the cabin drone and rasp some others have experienced

thewanderer315 has the full richie setup with an excelerate catback (nonresonated) on his type s and it sounds louder than some preffer, but I absolutley love it... when we first installed it with the racepipe, it was a little too loud, but after installing the resonated 3rd cat delete the resonance was toned down greatly

ssmtl2nv has the precat deletes w/ atlp jpipe and racepipe with greddy evo2... he's found that since the straight thru greddy mufflers dont offer much resonance elimination he's installed 2 resonators and has given up and will soon be installing a comptech catback which he's awaiting delivery for

niether wanderer or ssmtl2nv have reported check engine lights

me on the other hand, had a code that popped up on cars without this mod, and subsequently went to the dealer and they plugged the car onto a touch screen honda tool and updated the ecu, the problem went away and never came back... I no longer have my type s but just food for thought

Last edited by stillhere153; 02-07-2009 at 03:44 PM.
Old 02-07-2009, 05:22 PM
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
no CEL
Old 02-07-2009, 08:48 PM
2009 g37s 6mt

Originally Posted by stillhere153
the check engine lights have been isolated and eliminated... the few that popped up check engine lights have to do with the ecu rom and/or replacing the defoulers with even smaller openings... richie has included defoulers with the precats since day one and from what I know... 5 cars out of 50+ have had this problem... thats a rough estimate of under 10% of every buyer

richie offers superb customer service to solve problems quicker than they arise... no idea how he finds the time but hey, he's on top of it

regarding the op's question
I ran the full richie setup with a custom single exit catback, it was designed by me so I had the advantage of being able to avoid the cabin drone and rasp some others have experienced

thewanderer315 has the full richie setup with an excelerate catback (nonresonated) on his type s and it sounds louder than some preffer, but I absolutley love it... when we first installed it with the racepipe, it was a little too loud, but after installing the resonated 3rd cat delete the resonance was toned down greatly

ssmtl2nv has the precat deletes w/ atlp jpipe and racepipe with greddy evo2... he's found that since the straight thru greddy mufflers dont offer much resonance elimination he's installed 2 resonators and has given up and will soon be installing a comptech catback which he's awaiting delivery for

niether wanderer or ssmtl2nv have reported check engine lights

me on the other hand, had a code that popped up on cars without this mod, and subsequently went to the dealer and they plugged the car onto a touch screen honda tool and updated the ecu, the problem went away and never came back... I no longer have my type s but just food for thought
He's right no CEL and swappin to comptech...
Old 02-08-2009, 03:44 PM
Instructor

thx for good info guys. i just realized ssmtl2nv has same setup as mine lol
Old 02-08-2009, 10:24 PM
2009 g37s 6mt

Originally Posted by xejshinex
thx for good info guys. i just realized ssmtl2nv has same setup as mine lol
same setup, with s/c'er= sexy tone....