Acura TL Builder's Ultimate Boost Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2017, 01:44 AM
Safety Car

Received 856 Likes on 704 Posts
Just bought OEM front and rear Type-S bumpers. Going to return the Non-OEM ones... Now the exhaust will fit cozy. Yes cozy!

Last edited by Acura TL Builder; 12-28-2017 at 01:58 AM.
Old 12-28-2017, 05:36 AM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,915 Likes on 14,457 Posts
That's the right way to do it!
Old 12-30-2017, 01:46 AM
Safety Car

Picked up the OEM Type S Front bumper today. Its in great shape. Got it on offerup for $220.

OEM Type S rear bumper was shipped today. Got it from ebay for $321 shipped. Same alabaster silver as mine

Also installed an Ebay Cold air intake today. Sure is nice to hear that VTEC kick(ed) in bro!

So far 3 of 6 RDX 210cc injectors have arrived this week.
The following users liked this post:
teh CL (12-30-2017)
Old 01-03-2018, 11:43 AM
Safety Car

The remainder of my RDX 410cc injectors are arriving today. I'll install them this weekend.

Are they plug and play? No modifications or harnesses, etc needed?

Can I run these injectors unboosted? I figured to install them and get a retune with DomGSR-T, and run them for a few weeks until the Supercharger goes in.
Old 01-03-2018, 05:12 PM
Safety Car

Received 435 Likes on 328 Posts
Originally Posted by Saving4aTL
The remainder of my RDX 410cc injectors are arriving today. I'll install them this weekend.

Are they plug and play? No modifications or harnesses, etc needed?

Can I run these injectors unboosted? I figured to install them and get a retune with DomGSR-T, and run them for a few weeks until the Supercharger goes in.
They aren't. You can either buy adapters that use the existing connectors or take the stock connectors apart and put them into the new connector.

If you are going to run them at all, you will need a tune that knows they are in place.
Acura TL Builder (01-03-2018)
Old 01-03-2018, 08:37 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by KN_TL
They aren't. You can either buy adapters that use the existing connectors or take the stock connectors apart and put them into the new connector.

If you are going to run them at all, you will need a tune that knows they are in place.
Thank you KN. DomGSR-T is going to tune it to the new injectors.
Old 01-03-2018, 08:52 PM

I can't wait to hear your impressions of his tuning.
Old 01-03-2018, 10:37 PM
Safety Car

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by rockstar143
I can't wait to hear your impressions of his tuning.
Ive been ranting and raving about them for pages! He does a great job and keeps my car purring.
Old 01-04-2018, 12:21 AM
Safety Car

Will these connectors from Heeltoe make my rdx 410cc injectors plug n play? I just ordered six of them.

https://www.heeltoeauto.com/fuel-rai...80-11875..html
Old 01-04-2018, 05:41 AM
Safety Car

Will these connectors from Heeltoe make my rdx 410cc injectors plug n play? I just ordered six of them.

https://www.heeltoeauto.com/fuel-rai...80-11875..html
Yes, those are the same one's I had.

This thread shows you how to swap the pins over (Post #19):

https://acurazine.com/forums/second-...-tl-cl-716741/
Old 01-04-2018, 10:24 AM
Safety Car

Do I really have to modify each injector so heavily? Someone said they were plug
and
play except for
the clips
Old 01-04-2018, 11:10 AM
Safety Car

Do I really have to modify each injector so heavily? Someone said they were plug
and
play except for
the clips
Mine came with o-rings that fit perfectly. I was referring to that thread for the connector portion only.
Old 01-04-2018, 11:36 AM
Safety Car

Were your prints the stock ones?
Old 01-04-2018, 06:01 PM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Received 2,563 Likes on 1,317 Posts
I had a few memebers reach out to me and offer my help in your thread. I appreciate the love and providing my build thread for assistance! You guys are great!

I'm more than positive you the Comptech Supercharger for the 2nd Gen TL. There was a member here who was able to use that same blower for his blower. I think his username was Ziggy, If i'm not mistaken. Edit, here is his thread https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-p...gen-tl-863190/

So the reason why your blower shaft looks to be welded on is because the shaft needs to be shorten to fit the 3rd gen TL, as from gathering Ziggy's thread. To offer my best suggestion before you actually install the blower, send it out to Magnuson blowers to have the unit inspected and tested. They build the blowers for Comptech, Comptech does the misc parts to make the blower fit and work. If you followed my thread you will see I ran into an issue with my blower. It had suffered a drop, which happened while it was in transit to my house. Excelerate Performance did the install (funny story, the person I bought the blower from, bought it new from XL8R and never installed the unit) . I knew right away something was wrong as soon as I went on a road test. I went through hell with the unit and it ended up costing me $$ for a new internal shaft with a new coupler. So, even in my case. brand new, never installed unit and what I saved, I ended up paying to have it fixed.

Since you're also going down the route of tuning, injectors and meth.. you could go with the high boost pulley. Again, before you go down this road, make sure your motor is mechanically sound. I don't want to break any high expectations, but since i'm 6MT, tuned, supporting mods and with the comptech blower (5psi pulley) the power is great however, when in comparison with what's on the market today it's only decent in #'s. You will realize what your TL can hang with as you get some numbers down. It sure is great for bragging rights and at a TL meet (or any other meet) it's not expected to see a blower under the hood of the TL. I get a ton of compliments when I open the hood, so to me it's worth the money just to say I have a boosted TL, but it's not worth the money for the performance vs cost aspect.

As for your rear bumper, just buy a Type-s A-spec rear lip and have it installed. Due to your color, you will need to have it painted.

Back to your blower, there's a lot of misc things that make the kit functional. Some pieces comptech doesn't even have. I've removed and installed my blower a few times (shows in my thread). If you have any questions, ask. I would also do a ton of research on this forum. Before I pulled the trigger, I researched and asked a ton of questions from the time an OG named MichealBenz got his. I asked other OG's like Kennedy, Hi Speed, SSMTL2NV, Accuratein and MAS a long the way about reliability, performance ect. 1st time I saw a blower in person was ssmtl2nv TL at a Ronjon meet back in 2010. Around that same time, I saw the 1st TL-S supercharged at Heckscher State Park meet. I think the dude was from CT, theres a youtube video of him at the meet and as far as I know, he was the 1st to fit the comptech unit on his type-s but heard he also blew the motor. EDIT: IT was this guy who I saw https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-p...derway-703021/
The following 2 users liked this post by 04WDPSeDaN:
Acura TL Builder (01-04-2018), teh CL (01-05-2018)
Old 01-04-2018, 11:12 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by 04WDPSeDaN
I had a few memebers reach out to me and offer my help in your thread. I appreciate the love and providing my build thread for assistance! You guys are great!

I'm more than positive you the Comptech Supercharger for the 2nd Gen TL. There was a member here who was able to use that same blower for his blower. I think his username was Ziggy, If i'm not mistaken. Edit, here is his thread https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-p...gen-tl-863190/

So the reason why your blower shaft looks to be welded on is because the shaft needs to be shorten to fit the 3rd gen TL, as from gathering Ziggy's thread. To offer my best suggestion before you actually install the blower, send it out to Magnuson blowers to have the unit inspected and tested. They build the blowers for Comptech, Comptech does the misc parts to make the blower fit and work. If you followed my thread you will see I ran into an issue with my blower. It had suffered a drop, which happened while it was in transit to my house. Excelerate Performance did the install (funny story, the person I bought the blower from, bought it new from XL8R and never installed the unit) . I knew right away something was wrong as soon as I went on a road test. I went through hell with the unit and it ended up costing me $$ for a new internal shaft with a new coupler. So, even in my case. brand new, never installed unit and what I saved, I ended up paying to have it fixed.

Since you're also going down the route of tuning, injectors and meth.. you could go with the high boost pulley. Again, before you go down this road, make sure your motor is mechanically sound. I don't want to break any high expectations, but since i'm 6MT, tuned, supporting mods and with the comptech blower (5psi pulley) the power is great however, when in comparison with what's on the market today it's only decent in #'s. You will realize what your TL can hang with as you get some numbers down. It sure is great for bragging rights and at a TL meet (or any other meet) it's not expected to see a blower under the hood of the TL. I get a ton of compliments when I open the hood, so to me it's worth the money just to say I have a boosted TL, but it's not worth the money for the performance vs cost aspect.

As for your rear bumper, just buy a Type-s A-spec rear lip and have it installed. Due to your color, you will need to have it painted.

Back to your blower, there's a lot of misc things that make the kit functional. Some pieces comptech doesn't even have. I've removed and installed my blower a few times (shows in my thread). If you have any questions, ask. I would also do a ton of research on this forum. Before I pulled the trigger, I researched and asked a ton of questions from the time an OG named MichealBenz got his. I asked other OG's like Kennedy, Hi Speed, SSMTL2NV, Accuratein and MAS a long the way about reliability, performance ect. 1st time I saw a blower in person was ssmtl2nv TL at a Ronjon meet back in 2010. Around that same time, I saw the 1st TL-S supercharged at Heckscher State Park meet. I think the dude was from CT, theres a youtube video of him at the meet and as far as I know, he was the 1st to fit the comptech unit on his type-s but heard he also blew the motor. EDIT: IT was this guy who I saw https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-p...derway-703021/
Thank yo so much for all the advice you just shared with me. Im currently reading through your thread and the others you shared to get a better perspective on my build.

You are right, that is a 2g blower and seems right that it was modified to fir the 04-08 TL.
Dillydly44 (05-29-2021)
Old 01-04-2018, 11:23 PM
OsK
Racer

Received 120 Likes on 74 Posts
in for the build. good luck. Yeah with an mp62 eaton blower, you're not gonna be close to 300whp, considering you have a base 5AT. that dynos around 205-215whp stock. with PCD and the blower, you're probably going to push 255-275whp. 300whp is a stretch because of your transmission limitation.

You could be a real man and try to fit an mp90 and modifying your hood. That's a big boy blower.
Old 01-05-2018, 02:32 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by OsK
in for the build. good luck. Yeah with an mp62 eaton blower, you're not gonna be close to 300whp, considering you have a base 5AT. that dynos around 205-215whp stock. with PCD and the blower, you're probably going to push 255-275whp. 300whp is a stretch because of your transmission limitation.

You could be a real man and try to fit an mp90 and modifying your hood. That's a big boy blower.
Ive got a v3 RV6 HFPC, ATLP v2 Jpipe, ATLP Hi flow cat, ATLP Cat back, utilizing Hondata.

I think ill reach 300whp with my unmanly M62 on stock pulley.

Curious, wheres your blower big boy?

Last edited by Acura TL Builder; 01-05-2018 at 02:35 AM.
Old 01-05-2018, 06:15 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,736 Likes on 1,392 Posts
Interesting info in regards to Ziggyh22 rectifying the fitment issues of a 2G CL/TL S/C'er unit to his 3G TL. With that said, though details are vague, I don't doubt that he had to modify the blower driveshaft; however, If you pause his video below at '0:13' you can clearly observe that his 'input shaft' connection at the juncture of the blowers internal oil reservoir shows no signs of 'welding'. Just saying.

The issue is moot at this point because Saving4aTL has purchased a proper 3G TL S/C'er unit that should fit with little to no problems.

In addition, Saving4aTL when it comes time to reseal your 3G blower the thread below can serve as a reference and will help you get through the process.

https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-cl-f...reseal-479826/
The following 3 users liked this post by zeta:
04WDPSeDaN (01-05-2018), Acura TL Builder (01-05-2018), teh CL (01-05-2018)
Old 01-05-2018, 08:07 AM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Originally Posted by zeta
Interesting info in regards to Ziggyh22 rectifying the fitment issues of a 2G CL/TL S/C'er unit to his 3G TL. With that said, though details are vague, I don't doubt that he had to modify the blower driveshaft; however, If you pause his video below at '0:13' you can clearly observe that his 'input shaft' connection at the juncture of the blowers internal oil reservoir shows no signs of 'welding'. Just saying.

https://youtu.be/fMf8cXRX2CQ

The issue is moot at this point because Saving4aTL has purchased a proper 3G TL S/C'er unit that should fit with little to no problems.

In addition, Saving4aTL when it comes time to reseal your 3G blower the thread below can serve as a reference and will help you get through the process.

https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-cl-f...reseal-479826/

This is from Ziggys thread,

"So at this point all we had to do was measeure the drive shaft and shorten it to line up the pulley with all the belts on the motor and order the right pulley from CT so that we can drive the Charger with the motor. What we decided to do and to be different is that we wanted to do the exact setup on the 2nd gen TL and run the 2 pulley setup and run the Charger off the alternator pulley VS a single belt setup like on the 3rd Gen setup. So that if the belt on the Charger were ever to break we can still drive the car home and not be fully out of commission. What we also decided to do was to go ahead and just modify both elbows instead of buying new ones designed for the 3rd gen TL from CT cause they charge a arm and a leg for it! So at this point I am like It looks like this can happen.

Point of no return......

So after 2 weeks the drive shaft was shortened and balanced and new bearings were installed along with both elbows 1 for the intake manifold and 1 elbow for the throttle body were both filled and drilled so that it will line up perfect when we bolt everthing together. During that time I started ordering parts that I would need to make this kit reliable and working."

I remember him saying he had an issue with the shaft length being too long for the 3rd gen TL engine. From the video you posted, it looks like his shaft was done 100% correct. Ever more reason to have Magnuson do a complete inspection and test the blower. They start with a visual inspection and then run it on a machine to check the balance and how the blower operates. They tear it down to do a complete inspection. They will call you if you have an issue with the blower and what it would cost to have it fixed. Biggest problem I see is with the shaft itself (welds). The blower looks like it took in some oil which is another concern of where it came from. Like Zeta said, it would have been better to get a 3rd gen kit because the kits also vary greatly with the misc items to make the units work. Hopefully Nate at comptech can figure out what you need. He helped me through my nightmare and was always there to help me along the way. I have about 7K miles on my setup and the blower is still very clean on the inside. Eric (accuratein) put over 100K on his blower and at that time, there was no hondata tuning, he was running the comptech control unit. I also ran the comptech unit (updated unit) for about 2 years. The car didn't surge (very common issue) in the winter but in the summer it was more prone to surge. I fixed the issue by running 4 gallons of 100 octane mixed with 93. Now I just used 93 with the tune. As for numbers, I generally don't like giving out what my TL puts down (I don't care about bragging rights with #'s) i'm over 300 to the wheels. This goes back to what I said about the performance, compared to what's on the market now, what my TL puts down is about the same as any decent sports sedan does. I'll put it this way, I messed around with my friends C43 sedan (before the stage 1 tune), I had him for maybe 2 seconds and he ended up pulling away like nobody's business. He ran a 12.8 on the 1/4 mile, so I knew he had me but I thought I might of had a chance... I had the same conversation with a friend here on the forum, he asked if it was worth the cost to supercharge the TL, I told him in short, don't do it go and buy the S4 and just do a stage 1 tune.
Old 01-05-2018, 08:34 AM
Suzuka Master

'So after 2 weeks the drive shaft was shortened...'

^ Yes. That is precisely the point I tried to make when I stated that '...though details are vague'.

IMHO, the fact that he states 'the drive shaft was shortened' does not really say much.

He gives no detail as to how that was accomplished, at what end of the driveshaft the 'shortening modification' was performed or, more importantly, what the precise measurement discrepancy specifically was found, between the 2G unit and the 3G unit, when he and his buddy from Fast Eddies Racing determined it was to long.

Perhaps for 'grins and giggles', maybe Saving4aTL can do a 'quick and dirty' measurement from the 'flange' end of the S/C'er input shaft to the end of the drive shaft at the pulley side on each of the two he has on hand (2G CL/TL & 3GTL), preferably with pictures.
teh CL (01-05-2018)
Old 01-05-2018, 09:51 AM

Received 999 Likes on 650 Posts
^ That would be nice
zeta (01-05-2018)
Old 01-05-2018, 12:38 PM
OsK
Racer

Ive got a v3 RV6 HFPC, ATLP v2 Jpipe, ATLP Hi flow cat, ATLP Cat back, utilizing Hondata.

I think ill reach 300whp with my unmanly M62 on stock pulley.

Curious, wheres your blower big boy?
You won't....lol. You barely understood what I said in my previous post. Do more research, bud. The fact that you won't go PCD's and still have a 3rd cat on your Jpipe shows just how much you really know about FI applications. Like I said, you'll be lucky to achieve 300whp from a base 5AT.

I'm done with my car. It's up for sale. You should buy it. KBP TL-S bagged on AirLift 3H, Full RV6 Exhaust, AEM V2, makes 260whp NA tuned. You'll probably achieve that number after boost LOL.

I'm done with you bro. You started the beef in Ramblings, so I'll be the mature one and keep it strictly talking about cars. Move on buddy, act your age. Talk cars strictly, instead of personal attacks
Dillydly44 (05-29-2021)
Old 01-05-2018, 04:24 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by 04WDPSeDaN
This is from Ziggys thread,

"So at this point all we had to do was measeure the drive shaft and shorten it to line up the pulley with all the belts on the motor and order the right pulley from CT so that we can drive the Charger with the motor. What we decided to do and to be different is that we wanted to do the exact setup on the 2nd gen TL and run the 2 pulley setup and run the Charger off the alternator pulley VS a single belt setup like on the 3rd Gen setup. So that if the belt on the Charger were ever to break we can still drive the car home and not be fully out of commission. What we also decided to do was to go ahead and just modify both elbows instead of buying new ones designed for the 3rd gen TL from CT cause they charge a arm and a leg for it! So at this point I am like It looks like this can happen.

Point of no return......

So after 2 weeks the drive shaft was shortened and balanced and new bearings were installed along with both elbows 1 for the intake manifold and 1 elbow for the throttle body were both filled and drilled so that it will line up perfect when we bolt everthing together. During that time I started ordering parts that I would need to make this kit reliable and working."

I remember him saying he had an issue with the shaft length being too long for the 3rd gen TL engine. From the video you posted, it looks like his shaft was done 100% correct. Ever more reason to have Magnuson do a complete inspection and test the blower. They start with a visual inspection and then run it on a machine to check the balance and how the blower operates. They tear it down to do a complete inspection. They will call you if you have an issue with the blower and what it would cost to have it fixed. Biggest problem I see is with the shaft itself (welds). The blower looks like it took in some oil which is another concern of where it came from. Like Zeta said, it would have been better to get a 3rd gen kit because the kits also vary greatly with the misc items to make the units work. Hopefully Nate at comptech can figure out what you need. He helped me through my nightmare and was always there to help me along the way. I have about 7K miles on my setup and the blower is still very clean on the inside. Eric (accuratein) put over 100K on his blower and at that time, there was no hondata tuning, he was running the comptech control unit. I also ran the comptech unit (updated unit) for about 2 years. The car didn't surge (very common issue) in the winter but in the summer it was more prone to surge. I fixed the issue by running 4 gallons of 100 octane mixed with 93. Now I just used 93 with the tune. As for numbers, I generally don't like giving out what my TL puts down (I don't care about bragging rights with #'s) i'm over 300 to the wheels. This goes back to what I said about the performance, compared to what's on the market now, what my TL puts down is about the same as any decent sports sedan does. I'll put it this way, I messed around with my friends C43 sedan (before the stage 1 tune), I had him for maybe 2 seconds and he ended up pulling away like nobody's business. He ran a 12.8 on the 1/4 mile, so I knew he had me but I thought I might of had a chance... I had the same conversation with a friend here on the forum, he asked if it was worth the cost to supercharge the TL, I told him in short, don't do it go and buy the S4 and just do a stage 1 tune.
Great idea; I measured them this morning. The 3G S/C is 19.75" from the hex holes to the end of the shaft past the pulley. While the 2G S/C is at 21.25". Darn I had my hopes up! So what could this previous work be?I'll take a pic of the 2g tonight.
teh CL (01-05-2018)
Old 01-05-2018, 04:28 PM
Safety Car

Old 01-05-2018, 05:25 PM
Suzuka Master

Great idea; I measured them this morning. The 3G S/C is 19.75" from the hex holes to the end of the shaft past the pulley. While the 2G S/C is at 21.25".
Nice!
Thanks for measuring them both. I measured the input shaft, from the flat flange side nearest to the blower oil reservoir to the distal end at the bolt on the pulley side, on my CL-S6 and it is exactly 21.25" as stated above.

Darn I had my hopes up! So what could this previous work be?I'll take a pic of the 2g tonight.
If I had to guess, your 2G S/C'er unit was either cracked at the flange end from a front end collision penetrating enough into the front to break/crack it there OR perhaps it was dropped at some point. Both pieces of the unit, when connected, are surprisingly heavy as you will see when it comes to installing.

IMHO, when it comes time to install, it is better to have the 'head' blower support bracket already attached, to facilitate proper torqueing of the hex bolts connecting the input shaft, with flange sealant, to the S/C'er snout. Then have someone help you maneuver/hold the unit onto the car, being careful not to damage the O-ring at the cam cover plate opening, while tightening the blower bracket bolts to the head.
The following 2 users liked this post by zeta:
Acura TL Builder (01-05-2018), teh CL (01-05-2018)
Old 01-05-2018, 05:40 PM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

We had a ton of snow yesterday from that "bombogenesis" storm.. I'll try to measure the blower tomorrow. By any chance, if you don't mind sharing, who and where did you buy that blower from? In most cases, these blowers get tossed around on these forums, so it's easy to track who had it. I almost thought you bought Ziggys blower.. As Zeta said, careful with the blower end that goes into the cam hole of the front head. I tore that f'n rubber O-ring once before and found a nice oil leak shortly there after.... Follow the comptech instructions very carefully when you mount the blower. It's very easy to strip the cam hole threads.
The following 3 users liked this post by 04WDPSeDaN:
Acura TL Builder (01-05-2018), teh CL (01-05-2018), zeta (01-05-2018)
Old 01-05-2018, 05:46 PM
Suzuka Master

'By any chance, if you don't mind sharing, who and where did you buy that blower from? In most cases, these blowers get tossed around on these forums, so it's easy to track who had it.'

Check out post #24 on the first page for the answer to your question above.
04WDPSeDaN (01-05-2018)
Old 01-05-2018, 05:50 PM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Originally Posted by zeta
'By any chance, if you don't mind sharing, who and where did you buy that blower from? In most cases, these blowers get tossed around on these forums, so it's easy to track who had it.'

Check out post #24 on the first page for the answer to your question above.
Thanks Zeta! Totally missed that

"
The back story is, some drug addicted junkies in thier late 40s, lookin like thier in thier late 50s were selling this. They pulled up in a "How is this still running" 1988 Honda Accord.

The lady who looked like a stereotypical witch told me her ex boyfriend installed it into her Acura TL 2004-2008. She was rear ended and they took it off about a year ago. Said it only had six months of use. None of this I believed.

She looked like she couldn't afford a toothbrush, let alone an Acura of any year/condition."
Old 01-08-2018, 08:38 AM
Safety Car

Ive been thinking about what I will do next. I saw our buddy with the 1.5 Rotrex build and wanted to do the same.... after I bought the mp62. I did some soul searching about what I wanted out of my build and I came to this conclusion.

The Rotrex build while more efficient is more expensive. Knowing myself I would get greedy over time and want more boost, meaning I would need to be continually beefing up the car or risk it's reliability. Either way, more money spent. I thought about swapping it for the mp90 like OsK suggested, but that would be more work that I'm not ready for.
I am happy with the mp62, I will get a little boost in power and make the car whine as only the mp62 can do. If I do more than the small bump in HP, I will further risk the reliability of my engine. I may apply an HBP over time. But I think I will buy a newer car(yet so far nothing beats the 3G)after this project and keep this one as my garage queen dream car(because in 2005 it was). In 2007 I turboed my 98 civic and it was stolen. I promised myself I would one day reconcile that project by building an FI system on a TL.

It doesn't excite me to get x amount of HP because making it faster and whine is the goal(even if I don't beat the 300whp "holy grail".

I have built a good foundation over the years, so it's not like I'm spending money in my cars and foregoing buying a house etc. like Dave. But I don't want to have more money in it than I paid for the car. Balance is key
Dillydly44 (05-29-2021)
Old 01-08-2018, 01:30 PM
Safety Car

I'm trying to figure out the best plasment of my W/M kit. Is it safe to fit it at the throttlebody before the S/c inlet? In theory, it will have enough space to cool the incoming air, and further atomi atomize while keeping the s/c cool aswell.
Old 01-08-2018, 03:00 PM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

You will get close to 300 to the wheels, but I don't see it happening and it's mainly due to the automatic transmission. My TL puts down well over 300 to the wheels and I assure you, it may seem impressive numbers, but its OKAY to be honest with you. Is it quicker than stock? Yes. Is it going to keep up with any V6 TT, perhaps not but just about depending on what it is. If you're chasing numbers, comptech isn't the setup, rotrex is. Like I said, before you invest more money and time, if comptech is what you want, send out the blower to get inspected. Even before that, see what Nate at comptech tells you with parts. You may want to cut your loss and sell what you have and just get a complete kit. You're probably going to be near the same cost
Old 01-08-2018, 03:20 PM
OsK
Racer

Please don't use the word reliability and supercharger in the same sentence lol. You have 145k miles on your motor, and I'm assuming for the first 120k miles, you don't know how the previous owner maintained it.
Old 01-08-2018, 07:29 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by OsK
Please don't use the word reliability and supercharger in the same sentence lol. You have 145k miles on your motor, and I'm assuming for the first 120k miles, you don't know how the previous owner maintained it.
My car is at 150k atm. I purchased it with 73k, Serviced at Acura.

I do all my own maintenance early besides the TB/WP that is sitting in my garage ready to go in before the Rotrex S/C. Thats right!
Old 01-09-2018, 07:23 AM

I thought SC were supposed to be trouble free once dialed in??!
What the fuck do I know, I don't own even one supercharger.
Acura TL Builder (01-09-2018)
Old 01-09-2018, 11:34 AM
Late to the 3G Party

Received 246 Likes on 150 Posts
I'm a little surprised you are having this change of heart this far into your build and parts gathering. What happened?
Old 01-09-2018, 11:50 AM

he realized he had gone down the wrong path...
twice!
Acura TL Builder (01-09-2018)
Old 01-09-2018, 12:03 PM
Late to the 3G Party

Received 246 Likes on 150 Posts
Perhaps... Although I'm wondering if this decision is being made in haste as well
Old 01-09-2018, 12:04 PM

all of his decisions are! oh to be young again!
Old 01-09-2018, 01:35 PM
Safety Car

Lol, it may be that I will keep the CT and watch your build. I'm not power hungry, nor do I want more wear on my engine and tranny than the CT would already be doing.
Dillydly44 (05-29-2021)
Old 01-09-2018, 01:44 PM

if I were SC'ing and didn't care about AC I would be thanking the R&D that Andy already put into that route and make a car with some actual power.
Why reinvent the wheel?

Quick Reply: Acura TL Builder's Ultimate Boost Thread