Bought used Comptech Supercharger! - AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

Notices

Bought used Comptech Supercharger!

 
Old 12-17-2017, 01:10 PM
  #1  
Rotrex + Comptech TLer
Thread Starter
 
Saving4aTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 894
Thanked 93 Times in 82 Posts
Bought used Comptech Supercharger!




Hey guys, I have a base 5AT 2008 Acura TL, I just bought a six months used Supercharger for $700. It seems to have everything but Electronic engine management, and the six inch metal bracket that the kit originally comes with from Comptech.

Already purchased:
- Supercharger Unit
- Hondata Flashpro Acura TL 07-08'
- Daytona serpentine belt #K60945.

Still need to buy:
- aluminum intake piping(U-turn) and Air filter.
- six inch metal support bracket(from comptech)
- Smaller battery + battery wire to trunk
- new radiator hose
- AEM water/methanol kit
- Dyno tune
Please let me know if you have any of these items, I'd like could buy from you.

Plan to use the stock pulley, and use as daily driver. Bought this for the rare occasion that I'd like to feel it's power.

Previous experience:
Ive installed a complete custom turbo (including tune)on my Civic and my friends accord.

Please let me know what I am missing and what is the best. Your input is appreciated!

Last edited by Saving4aTL; 12-17-2017 at 01:24 PM.
Saving4aTL is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Saving4aTL For This Useful Post:
teh CL (12-17-2017)
Old 12-17-2017, 01:31 PM
  #2  
Rotrex + Comptech TLer
Thread Starter
 
Saving4aTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 894
Thanked 93 Times in 82 Posts
I also need the 90 degree elbow that goes from the s/c to the intake manifold.
Saving4aTL is offline  
Old 12-17-2017, 09:21 PM
  #3  
Rotrex + Comptech TLer
Thread Starter
 
Saving4aTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 894
Thanked 93 Times in 82 Posts
Originally Posted by Saving4aTL View Post
I also need the 90 degree elbow that goes from the s/c to the intake manifold.
I don't need this 90* elbow as I realized I had it.

Here is my updated parts list.
  • CT MAP plug
  • CT gaskets
  • CT Battery trim- coolant tank/hose
  • CT coolant hose
  • CT upper alternator mount
  • CT lower support brace and bolts
  • CT Throttle body spacer
  • Spark plugs
  • Size 51R Battery
  • Ebay 3" aluminum pipe hose clamps
  • AEM Water/methanol kit
  • Dyno tune
Purchased:
- CT Supercharger
- Hondata Flashpro

I'm contacting CT Engineering tomorrow to order all the missing components.

Anyone know whats a good brand size 51R battery?
Saving4aTL is offline  
Old 12-17-2017, 10:34 PM
  #4  
Registered Member
 
truonghthe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Age: 30
Posts: 6,666
Thanked 985 Times in 846 Posts
I wonder how gain you will get with this CT kit? I saw in the past where people get around 305 whp. I guess I will check back for update.
truonghthe is offline  
Old 12-17-2017, 10:43 PM
  #5  
Rotrex + Comptech TLer
Thread Starter
 
Saving4aTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 894
Thanked 93 Times in 82 Posts
I'm Working for 330 WHP. I will get it tuned perfectly. But my main concern currently is that the S/C is in good working order. Does anyone think it looks like an old model? The body of it is black and not the standard chrome I usually see in TLs.

Would I need to get my exhaust redone from the exhaust manifolds back to reach 330WHP? My concern with doing this is that there will be a bottleneck at the exhaust mani. and any gains will be lost there. Is there a way to make the Ex. Manis larger on our cars?

Last edited by Saving4aTL; 12-17-2017 at 10:52 PM.
Saving4aTL is offline  
Old 12-18-2017, 06:32 AM
  #6  
Registered Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NJ
Age: 54
Posts: 7,762
Thanked 787 Times in 645 Posts
Take a look at the CT Install/Tech site as it should provide you with all info:
Install/Tech

You'll need @ 400 HP, maybe 8 lbs, so hopefully the TL drive-train is up to the task.
Turbonut is offline  
Old 12-18-2017, 06:38 AM
  #7  
Moderator
iTrader: (1)
 
justnspace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 79,844
Thanked 13,843 Times in 10,285 Posts
shit, for $700 why the fuck not!?
justnspace is offline  
Old 12-18-2017, 07:47 AM
  #8  
Moderator
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)
iTrader: (6)
 
rockstar143's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 66,022
Thanked 14,562 Times in 10,878 Posts
lol...because unless it all works that's an expensive paperweight!
Good luck with the build...I came in here just for the tone and enthusiasm!
rockstar143 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to rockstar143 For This Useful Post:
Saving4aTL (12-20-2017)
Old 12-18-2017, 08:16 AM
  #9  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: S. Florida
Posts: 2,453
Thanked 452 Times in 389 Posts
Originally Posted by Saving4aTL View Post
I don't need this 90* elbow as I realized I had it.


Yeah, that's the elbow piece bolted to the throttle body inlet of the S/C'er in your pictures above.

Originally Posted by Saving4aTL View Post
Here is my updated parts list.
  • CT MAP plug
  • CT gaskets
  • CT Battery trim- coolant tank/hose
  • CT coolant hose
  • CT upper alternator mount
  • CT lower support brace and bolts
  • CT Throttle body spacer
  • Spark plugs
  • Size 51R Battery
  • Ebay 3" aluminum pipe hose clamps
  • AEM Water/methanol kit
  • Dyno tune
Purchased:
- CT Supercharger
- Hondata Flashpro

I'm contacting CT Engineering tomorrow to order all the missing components.
It will be interesting to find out how successful you are in piecing this together. You may have to 'tap into' some of those 'stacks' shown in your avatar, lol.

Originally Posted by Saving4aTL View Post
Anyone know whats a good brand size 51R battery?
Interstate or Die Hard from Sears?

Good Luck!

Oh, and if that S/C'er unit needs a rebuild, the guy on the link below does a good job:

http://jonbondperformance.com/index....roducts_id=295

Last edited by zeta; 12-18-2017 at 08:21 AM.
zeta is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zeta For This Useful Post:
EvilVirus (04-18-2018), teh CL (12-18-2017)
Old 12-18-2017, 08:45 AM
  #10  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: S. Florida
Posts: 2,453
Thanked 452 Times in 389 Posts
Originally Posted by Saving4aTL View Post
Not to be a 'kill joy' or anything; however, If you look at the CT install instructions for the '04-06' TL S/C'er kit the shaft pulley does not look like the one you have on your blower unit above. If I had to guess, the S/C'er you purchased is either from an Accord; or '03 CL/TL kit.
So, perhaps you'd need to source that pulley as well? Maybe a current/former 3rd gen SC'ed TL forum member can chime in on the validity of my statement.

Also, does that look like recent 'welding' there at the 'jack shaft' nearest to the blower snout? Just curious?

Last edited by zeta; 12-18-2017 at 08:48 AM.
zeta is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zeta For This Useful Post:
Saving4aTL (12-18-2017), teh CL (12-18-2017)
Old 12-18-2017, 11:00 AM
  #11  
-------Tim-------
 
Slpr04UA6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tampa, Fl
Age: 40
Posts: 2,155
Thanked 484 Times in 417 Posts
Gus a member here may be able to offer some assistance....04WDPSEDAN is his Azine Handle....below is his build thread!


https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-p...meline-878670/
Slpr04UA6 is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slpr04UA6 For This Useful Post:
Saving4aTL (12-18-2017), zeta (12-18-2017)
Old 12-18-2017, 02:21 PM
  #12  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: S. Florida
Posts: 2,453
Thanked 452 Times in 389 Posts
Originally Posted by 04WDPSeDaN View Post
The picture above from 04WDPSEDAN's thread pretty much supports my guess. The shaft pulley is wider; thus, needing the wider serpentine belt used with the 04-08 TL CT kits. With that said, he can probably still use the Accord/2G CL/TL blower; however, the OP will have his work cut out for him.

Even the S/C'er mount bracket, at the head, he has there is different, part # wise, from the mount bracket supplied with the proper 3G TL blower. I can see that the 'collar', nearest the shaft pulley, of the mount bracket at the alternator is different on the TL S/C'er unit; however, I'm not sure if that will present an issue. Those two mounting points are pretty important.

At least he now knows what he has to work with.

Let's see if he comes back with a detailed update to this thread regarding his parts search progress.
zeta is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zeta For This Useful Post:
Christopher. (01-15-2018), Saving4aTL (12-18-2017), teh CL (12-18-2017)
Old 12-18-2017, 02:24 PM
  #13  
Moderator
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)
iTrader: (6)
 
rockstar143's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 66,022
Thanked 14,562 Times in 10,878 Posts
I wouldn't bother...
I'd just sell it to Justin for $700
rockstar143 is offline  
Old 12-18-2017, 10:00 PM
  #14  
Rotrex + Comptech TLer
Thread Starter
 
Saving4aTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 894
Thanked 93 Times in 82 Posts
Originally Posted by Turbonut View Post
Take a look at the CT Install/Tech site as it should provide you with all info:
Install/Tech

You'll need @ 400 HP, maybe 8 lbs, so hopefully the TL drive-train is up to the task.
I plan to someday run 8psi, but will start first with 4.5-5psi to get my toes wet.

Originally Posted by justnspace View Post
shit, for $700 why the fuck not!?
Wanna buy it?!

Originally Posted by rockstar143 View Post
lol...because unless it all works that's an expensive paperweight!
Good luck with the build...I came in here just for the tone and enthusiasm!
Thanks Rockstar, its going to be boosted come hell or high water!

Originally Posted by zeta View Post


Yeah, that's the elbow piece bolted to the throttle body inlet of the S/C'er in your pictures above.
It will be interesting to find out how successful you are in piecing this together. You may have to 'tap into' some of those 'stacks' shown in your avatar, lol.
Interstate or Die Hard from Sears?
Good Luck!
Oh, and if that S/C'er unit needs a rebuild, the guy on the link below does a good job:
CT Engineering Supercharger Remanufacture / Rebuild CT Engineering Supercharger Remanufacture / Rebuild [Rebuild services] - $772.00 : Jon Bond Performance, The Worlds Premier Supercharger Rebuilder and Parts Store
I've reserved all that cash for this project! I'm getting my entire car PDR'd and Repainted in the next 6 weeks.

Originally Posted by Slpr04UA6 View Post
Gus a member here may be able to offer some assistance....04WDPSEDAN is his Azine Handle....below is his build thread!
https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-p...meline-878670/
Thanks for the link! I've been learning alot from his build. I don't think that I can get my engine bay that clean!

Originally Posted by zeta View Post
The picture above from 04WDPSEDAN's thread pretty much supports my guess. The shaft pulley is wider; thus, needing the wider serpentine belt used with the 04-08 TL CT kits. With that said, he can probably still use the Accord/2G CL/TL blower; however, the OP will have his work cut out for him.
Even the S/C'er mount bracket, at the head, he has there is different, part # wise, from the mount bracket supplied with the proper 3G TL blower. I can see that the 'collar', nearest the shaft pulley, of the mount bracket at the alternator is different on the TL S/C'er unit; however, I'm not sure if that will present an issue. Those two mounting points are pretty important.
At least he now knows what he has to work with.
Let's see if he comes back with a detailed update to this thread regarding his parts search progress.
Thanks for the detailed input Zeta!
Saving4aTL is offline  
Old 12-18-2017, 10:12 PM
  #15  
Rotrex + Comptech TLer
Thread Starter
 
Saving4aTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 894
Thanked 93 Times in 82 Posts
I have two routes I can go Fellas...

I called CT Engineering today and asked for the parts I know I will need thus far. They took my email and said I would be sent an invoice but have yet to receive it. Based on the figures they give me I'll buy a new kit.

I also inquired about a new kit because I'll get the entire set, brand new, with warranty and the ability to ride 70k+ miles without a rebuild. Which they said they have a couple, but they are spoken for. Was told they will call to their blower supplier to see when they can get more in. I can't even buy a new kit!!

Thanks to Zetas input, it does look different than 04WDPSEDANs Supercharger... So I will need more parts to replace, and from the looks of it I still may need to do a rebuild.

I'm leaning towards XLR8 for the $4500 Comptech S/C. I'll also call CT Engineering tomorrow and see if they will sell me a "Spoken for" S/C if I add an extra $100. Think they will bite?

So I can either rebuild my current S/C, buy the rest of the kit, or buy a new complete kit. One will cost more, but gives me peace of mind. The other saves money, but could cost even money/time down the road.

What do you fellas think?

I ordered an AEM Water/Methanol kit today. Whichever route I go it will be needed.

Last edited by Saving4aTL; 12-18-2017 at 10:17 PM.
Saving4aTL is offline  
Old 12-19-2017, 12:32 AM
  #16  
Rotrex + Comptech TLer
Thread Starter
 
Saving4aTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 894
Thanked 93 Times in 82 Posts
I took a portion of the S/C apart and it looks good! Is there suppose to be a second pulley?


It says MP62-G4. The blower blades look dirty but its just because there was a small ball of wax(of all things) in there. I have since cleaned it out. not malls, garls or snags in there.
Why is it black in there?

Check out the JB welds and weldjob! Wonder why this was done?


It seems that this is an eaton style blower made by magnuson and is a 4th generation MP62.

Last edited by Saving4aTL; 12-19-2017 at 12:45 AM.
Saving4aTL is offline  
Old 12-19-2017, 12:55 AM
  #17  
Registered Member
iTrader: (7)
 
thisaznboi88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: San Jose, CA/ Charleston, WV
Posts: 4,049
Thanked 600 Times in 445 Posts
See if you can retrofit an m90eaton. The m62 aren’t that great since it was made more for the K20a/k24 people. You can run lower boost and obtain a higher cfm.


another option would be to go with gerZard. Rotrex superchager kit. It will be better than the comptech and easier put you in the 400whp range


Or say fk it all ,and go turbo.
thisaznboi88 is offline  
Old 12-19-2017, 01:01 AM
  #18  
Rotrex + Comptech TLer
Thread Starter
 
Saving4aTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 894
Thanked 93 Times in 82 Posts
Originally Posted by thisaznboi88 View Post
See if you can retrofit an m90eaton. The m62 arenít that great since it was made more for the K20a/k24 people. You can run lower boost and obtain a higher cfm.


another option would be to go with gerZard. Rotrex superchager kit. It will be better than the comptech and easier put you in the 400whp range


Or say fk it all ,and go turbo.
I'd love turbo, but this is my DD. Isnt the m62 the standard comptech S/C for Acura TL?
Saving4aTL is offline  
Old 12-19-2017, 01:14 AM
  #19  
Registered Member
iTrader: (7)
 
thisaznboi88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: San Jose, CA/ Charleston, WV
Posts: 4,049
Thanked 600 Times in 445 Posts
I turbo my DD . And yes the m62 is the comptech standard for the TL. Really bad choice on their end since it can barely keep up on a 3.0 accord without heat soaking.

Look up kingdongdav supercharged TL. We all told him it was a bad idea. 4 months later he parted out

inorder to break 300whp on the comptech you have to run the high boost pulley. That brings the m62 supercharge into the ineffiency range on the compressor/ boost mapping
thisaznboi88 is offline  
Old 12-19-2017, 01:38 AM
  #20  
Rotrex + Comptech TLer
Thread Starter
 
Saving4aTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 894
Thanked 93 Times in 82 Posts
I already have this S/C man. Im not looking for insane power, just a tidbit more than what Ive got. I did read Kingkonddavs thread. hilarious!
Saving4aTL is offline  
Old 12-19-2017, 02:22 AM
  #21  
Rotrex + Comptech TLer
Thread Starter
 
Saving4aTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 894
Thanked 93 Times in 82 Posts
I wonder how the previous owner was able to use that pulley to the s/c? I couldnt find any way to keep it from freespinning.

Last edited by Saving4aTL; 12-19-2017 at 02:36 AM.
Saving4aTL is offline  
Old 12-19-2017, 06:48 AM
  #22  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: S. Florida
Posts: 2,453
Thanked 452 Times in 389 Posts
Originally Posted by Saving4aTL View Post
Check out the JB welds and weldjob! Wonder why this was done?

Precisely. You've gone this far with taking it apart, you may as well remove the other hex heads and break the seal. Depending on severity/where the break/cracks are on the other side, you may be able to view them; however, I believe there is a bearing there that may be in the way of observing 'what went on' to warrant that weld. You can buy appropriate flange sealant from Amazon or Grainger's and S/C'er oil from either the Jon Bond Performance link I provided previously or your local GM dealer.

It may also be prudent to check, with a proper right angle ruler or something similar, IF there is any degree of Peyronie's going on at that junction? It's difficult to tell from the pictures.

Originally Posted by Saving4aTL View Post
I wonder how the previous owner was able to use that pulley to the s/c? I couldnt find any way to keep it from freespinning.
It would be interesting to know the previous owners 'back story' of this particular S/C'er unit, it may help explain the questionable 'run for the hills' condition this thing is in.
zeta is offline  
Old 12-19-2017, 08:16 AM
  #23  
Registered Member
 
6spd-GERCO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Detroit Metro
Age: 31
Posts: 860
Thanked 327 Times in 221 Posts
Originally Posted by thisaznboi88 View Post
I turbo my DD . And yes the m62 is the comptech standard for the TL. Really bad choice on their end since it can barely keep up on a 3.0 accord without heat soaking.

Look up kingdongdav supercharged TL. We all told him it was a bad idea. 4 months later he parted out

inorder to break 300whp on the comptech you have to run the high boost pulley. That brings the m62 supercharge into the ineffiency range on the compressor/ boost mapping
It didn't help that Kingdongdave was doing this on a 3.5L TL-S. The larger displacement of the engine effectively lowers the PSI produced on the roots blower. The OP's 3.2L should work much better with the M62. More HP More Problems

The Rotrex option is awesome but requires removal of the A/C, that's just to much for a DD IMO.
6spd-GERCO is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to 6spd-GERCO For This Useful Post:
EvilVirus (04-18-2018)
Old 12-19-2017, 10:08 AM
  #24  
Rotrex + Comptech TLer
Thread Starter
 
Saving4aTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 894
Thanked 93 Times in 82 Posts
Originally Posted by zeta View Post

Precisely. You've gone this far with taking it apart, you may as well remove the other hex heads and break the seal. Depending on severity/where the break/cracks are on the other side, you may be able to view them; however, I believe there is a bearing there that may be in the way of observing 'what went on' to warrant that weld. You can buy appropriate flange sealant from Amazon or Grainger's and S/C'er oil from either the Jon Bond Performance link I provided previously or your local GM dealer.

It may also be prudent to check, with a proper right angle ruler or something similar, IF there is any degree of Peyronie's going on at that junction? It's difficult to tell from the pictures.



It would be interesting to know the previous owners 'back story' of this particular S/C'er unit, it may help explain the questionable 'run for the hills' condition this thing is in.
Thanks Zeta! Would it be safe to break the JB welds? I'm afraid to bend the unit or crack it further.

The back story is, some drug addicted junkies in thier late 40s, lookin like thier in thier late 50s were selling this. They pulled up in a "How is this still running" 1988 Honda Accord.

The lady who looked like a stereotypical witch told me her ex boyfriend installed it into her Acura TL 2004-2008. She was rear ended and they took it off about a year ago. Said it only had six months of use. None of this I believed.

She looked like she couldn't afford a toothbrush, let alone an Acura of any year/condition.

Last edited by Saving4aTL; 12-19-2017 at 10:11 AM.
Saving4aTL is offline  
Old 12-19-2017, 10:11 AM
  #25  
Registered Member
iTrader: (2)
 
horseshoez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Southern New Hampshire
Age: 63
Posts: 4,502
Thanked 788 Times in 591 Posts
Are those the same folks you got the 6MT from?
horseshoez is online now  
Old 12-19-2017, 10:13 AM
  #26  
Rotrex + Comptech TLer
Thread Starter
 
Saving4aTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 894
Thanked 93 Times in 82 Posts
Originally Posted by horseshoez View Post
Are those the same folks you got the 6MT from?
Lol, this guy has his own body shop. But I don't believe the story of how he got it either.
Saving4aTL is offline  
Old 12-19-2017, 10:27 AM
  #27  
Registered Member
iTrader: (2)
 
horseshoez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Southern New Hampshire
Age: 63
Posts: 4,502
Thanked 788 Times in 591 Posts
Originally Posted by Saving4aTL View Post
Lol, this guy has his own body shop. But I don't believe the story of how he got it either.
Hmmm, do you suppose he'll take it back and give you a refund now you know it won't work on your car?
horseshoez is online now  
Old 12-19-2017, 11:07 AM
  #28  
Registered Member
iTrader: (7)
 
thisaznboi88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: San Jose, CA/ Charleston, WV
Posts: 4,049
Thanked 600 Times in 445 Posts
sell it on ebay and use the money to buy some stage 2 camshaft and the proper hondata that you need. N/A is more reliable and less things can go wrong. I believe Gerzard was able to break 300whp N/A on his old AT TL before he got the tls 6spd.
thisaznboi88 is offline  
Old 12-19-2017, 11:42 AM
  #29  
Rotrex + Comptech TLer
Thread Starter
 
Saving4aTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 894
Thanked 93 Times in 82 Posts
Originally Posted by horseshoez View Post
Hmmm, do you suppose he'll take it back and give you a refund now you know it won't work on your car?
nah I didn't buy it. Not worth my time to resell it either. I'd rather use that time to build my skills at work and earn money that way.

p/s Ive had my car TL for over four years now and have never used to the tiptoe of option. I rather like it!!!

Is it safer for the tranny to use tiptronic when engaging the supercharger?


I called hondata auth. Dealer in portland and he was stumped aswell. He is calling hondata directly to find out if mine will work.

Last edited by Saving4aTL; 12-19-2017 at 11:44 AM.
Saving4aTL is offline  
Old 12-19-2017, 11:48 AM
  #30  
Registered Member
 
6spd-GERCO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Detroit Metro
Age: 31
Posts: 860
Thanked 327 Times in 221 Posts
Buys B18B1 Cams, sells them as J32A3 Stage 7's You will need valve springs.

Paying some expensive tuition to get into the TL game.
6spd-GERCO is offline  
Old 12-19-2017, 01:23 PM
  #31  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: S. Florida
Posts: 2,453
Thanked 452 Times in 389 Posts
Saving4aTL, after reading your posts in the various threads you've created, the 'back story' regarding the 'zombie apocalypse' purchase interaction involving this 'run for the hills' blower unit, it's becoming increasingly difficult for me to take you seriously. You are literally 'all over the place' like a jester playing the merry Andrew on this forum court, sorry.

With that said, IMHO, if you have '...reserved all that cash for this project!', then you should 'write-off' that disaster you purchased and 'stand in line' for either a new CT kit OR gerzand kit and move forward; moreover, picking one of those two options will finally show some prudence and ultimately give you that 'piece of mind' and reliability you seek over some JB Welded piecemeal Franken$tein mon$strou$ity.

Good Luck!

Last edited by zeta; 12-19-2017 at 01:37 PM.
zeta is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to zeta For This Useful Post:
teh CL (12-19-2017)
Old 12-19-2017, 02:09 PM
  #32  
Rotrex + Comptech TLer
Thread Starter
 
Saving4aTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 894
Thanked 93 Times in 82 Posts
Originally Posted by zeta View Post
Saving4aTL, after reading your posts in the various threads you've created, the 'back story' regarding the 'zombie apocalypse' purchase interaction involving this 'run for the hills' blower unit, it's becoming increasingly difficult for me to take you seriously. You are literally 'all over the place' like a jester playing the merry Andrew on this forum court, sorry.

With that said, IMHO, if you have '...reserved all that cash for this project!', then you should 'write-off' that disaster you purchased and 'stand in line' for either a new CT kit OR gerzand kit and move forward; moreover, picking one of those two options will finally show some prudence and ultimately give you that 'piece of mind' and reliability you seek over some JB Welded piecemeal Franken$tein mon$strou$ity.

Good Luck!
well said
Saving4aTL is offline  
Old 12-19-2017, 02:41 PM
  #33  
Rotrex + Comptech TLer
Thread Starter
 
Saving4aTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 894
Thanked 93 Times in 82 Posts
Justin, still wanna buy the supercharger? Free shipping!!

aisinboi, you wanna buy the Hondata? Cheap prices!!
Saving4aTL is offline  
Old 12-19-2017, 05:42 PM
  #34  
Registered Member
iTrader: (7)
 
thisaznboi88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: San Jose, CA/ Charleston, WV
Posts: 4,049
Thanked 600 Times in 445 Posts
Originally Posted by Saving4aTL View Post
Justin, still wanna buy the supercharger? Free shipping!!

aisinboi, you wanna buy the Hondata? Cheap prices!!
nope working on another project car.
thisaznboi88 is offline  
Old 12-19-2017, 06:05 PM
  #35  
Rotrex + Comptech TLer
Thread Starter
 
Saving4aTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 894
Thanked 93 Times in 82 Posts
Originally Posted by thisaznboi88 View Post
nope working on another project car.
Didnt your buddy need it for his RDX?
Saving4aTL is offline  
Old 12-19-2017, 06:10 PM
  #36  
Registered Member
iTrader: (7)
 
thisaznboi88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: San Jose, CA/ Charleston, WV
Posts: 4,049
Thanked 600 Times in 445 Posts
Originally Posted by Saving4aTL View Post
Didnt your buddy need it for his RDX?
RDX flashpro won't work on his TL Ecu. same boat as you
thisaznboi88 is offline  
Old 12-19-2017, 06:15 PM
  #37  
Rotrex + Comptech TLer
Thread Starter
 
Saving4aTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 894
Thanked 93 Times in 82 Posts
Anyone know anyone selling a complete Comptech kit? New or used.

is XLR8 the cheapest place to buy it new?

Im told it take about three months to get a kit.

Last edited by Saving4aTL; 12-19-2017 at 06:23 PM.
Saving4aTL is offline  
Old 12-19-2017, 06:31 PM
  #38  
Registered Member
iTrader: (7)
 
thisaznboi88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: San Jose, CA/ Charleston, WV
Posts: 4,049
Thanked 600 Times in 445 Posts
Bro just buy some stage 2 camshaft and bolt on. It probably will make more power than the comptech s.c. Isnít the supercharger like 4k and you gain 50whp?
thisaznboi88 is offline  
Old 12-19-2017, 07:34 PM
  #39  
Moderator
iTrader: (1)
 
teh CL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Oakville, Ont
Age: 31
Posts: 13,750
Thanked 632 Times in 466 Posts
Used SC's pop up every so often, just keep your eyes peeled.

What are you doing with the this SC?
teh CL is offline  
Old 12-19-2017, 08:42 PM
  #40  
Rotrex + Comptech TLer
Thread Starter
 
Saving4aTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 894
Thanked 93 Times in 82 Posts
Originally Posted by teh CL View Post
Used SC's pop up every so often, just keep your eyes peeled.

What are you doing with the this SC?
what do you guys think of the blower on eBay currently? I'm about to buy it.

I think I'm going to sell this one. Any suggestions?
Saving4aTL is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bought used Comptech Supercharger!


Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.