BEST EXHAUST SYSTEM..RV6 True Dual, ATLP, XLR8, OR GREDDY EVO 2

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 04:56 PM
takin care of Business in

Received 4,732 Likes on 4,064 Posts
bro i know what you mean and am NOT asking anyone to ditch their catbacks....while buying a catback these are the things in mind:

1> sound
2> HP
3> TQ
4> fitment
5> quality
6> brand
7> cost

remember i asked you to list 7 things...also the cost is in the bottom....if i see an exhaust (magically offering me) more TQ/HP than any system out there and is selling for $3K....man i will be all up on it....

again the list might differ from person to person....for you brand might be up top....and cost again in the bottom....now since we good on that....i wanna say

I LOVE AZINE VENDORS.....man if i had a chance i would work for them for FREE....wish someone had a shop here....i would be in there all weekend long (sorry gotta make some $$$ thro the week).....i have personally dealt with ATLP (mike), XLR8 (josh), RV6 (Richie)...and i found each to be a very through businessman and more than that a professional with respect to customer satisfaction and craftsmanship.....their products are bad ass.....

and yeah i do come to DFW pretty often....bad part is i dont leave the airport .... next time am there will come for an extra day and have this discussion after couple patron shots
Old 08-14-2010, 12:25 AM
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Wow really.

Ok any SS exhaust with tig welds will last if done right. Its not that complicated.

And yes I will bring out the dad card when *(insert insulting word for me so I don't get banned) like you and Soljah brag about having more money than me...im 17 I mean WTF...you MUST be successful if you have more dough than me.

And WTF are you posting for? This thread may as well be moved to OT. Its always you that brings trouble champ...
Originally Posted by TheChamp531
So much fail in this post. You are right for most part that you can fab an exhaust with similar gains with a lower price. But you're going to have a big question mark whether it last, it does show significant gains, and whether is worth it forking out $500-600 when you can fork out a $1000 too get a reliable exhaust that you know shows the gains.

We're putting out the Dad card now? Well my UNCLE is a billionaire, his name goes by "WE DON'T LIKE YOUR KIND BOY".

Would my 8 second 67' Camaro impress him? I gotta know, maybe me and your Dad can be friends so we can make fun of you everyday.
Old 08-14-2010, 01:17 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 146 Likes on 87 Posts
I really hope this thread doesn't get locked before someone responds to my post.

I love the idea of a custom exhaust like most of you. Could you please explain to me though why I have yet to see one person post about how there custom exhaust provides more gains then the ones provided to us by the vendors? I mean the 3G TL has been out for seven years now and I have still yet to see this. So could one of you please go and make a custom exhaust for half the price of a premade one while providing better gains.

TheChamp531- No offense but AtlM5 is right.. I have noticed from reading your posts in the past that you instigate a lot.
Old 08-14-2010, 01:34 AM
Pro

I don't have the thread but I remember one of the SC AV6 guys that posted pics of a nice true dual exhaust he had made. Ill have to find the thread tomorrow. Ill eventually build my exhaust and it will have larger piping and mandrel bends so itll have better gains than the RV6 exhaust. Ill have to get a dyno to prove the gains to certain people.
Old 08-14-2010, 01:43 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by AtlM5
I don't have the thread but I remember one of the SC AV6 guys that posted pics of a nice true dual exhaust he had made. Ill have to find the thread tomorrow. Ill eventually build my exhaust and it will have larger piping and mandrel bends so itll have better gains than the RV6 exhaust. Ill have to get a dyno to prove the gains to certain people.
Please get back to us on that. Any idea when your gonna be starting this project?

And actually I just remembered reading something about Opels exhaust a long time ago. He wouldn't share any information about it though since he didn't want anyone to steal his design.
Old 08-14-2010, 07:30 AM
Drifting

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
I don't think some people get it. Vendors would have used wider piping if there wasn't a sacrifice.

Also, AtlM5, don't let your age define how much money you can have, I have paid for every mod done to my car by simply working. I suggest a job.
Old 08-14-2010, 10:33 AM
Pro

dtown don't talk about things you don't know about. I have payed for every mod done to my car by working as well. It really pisses me off when U assume shit like that. If a 30 year old wants to brag about having more money than a 17 year old im gonna point out that age difference.

I'm not sure when I'll do the exhaust. Probably a few months. I had to quit my job for football but I'll get another one in a couple weeks and then the exhaust is a few mods back on the list. 2.5in piping will be fine and it will be even better with FI.
Old 08-14-2010, 10:43 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by d-townhakuzo
I don't think some people get it. Vendors would have used wider piping if there wasn't a sacrifice.
No idea where your getting this information from.

"An exhaust pipe diameter of more than 2.5" presents a few problems.
First, exhaust gas is pretty hot when it comes out the engine, and as such, isn't very dense. This means that the exhaust gas will be faster and won't have to have as much work done on it to move it out the tailpipe. Now, if a larger pipe is installed, the exhaust gas will slow down due to the increased volume it gets to flow through, and it will also have a smaller restriction it has to overcome compared to a smaller diameter pipe. This is good, up to a point. An exhaust that has to slow down too much, such as from a too-large pipe selection, will spend a long time in the pipe and cool down. This makes the exhaust gas more dense, and will cause the engine to work harder to push the gas out the tailpipe.
Second, there is the problem of physically mounting the pipe underneath the car. A high-performance system will include bends that are free of stress kinks, and are generally smooth. These bends have to have some sort of minimum bend radius which varies as a function of pipe diameter. If the bend radius of the pipe is too small compared to its diameter, it poses a restriction. Now, pipes larger than 2.5" diameter have a bend radius that won't comfortably fit under the car. It quickly becomes an exercise in frustration to try to fit such a pipe under the car.
Finally, weight is a consideration. Larger pipes weigh more. Presumably, the idea for replacing the factory exhaust with a larger high-performance one was to have performance in mind. Well, an overly large diametered exhaust will weight so much that it'll affect the car's acceleration. This weight will also have to be supported by more hangers underneath the car."

Last edited by Abe_Froman; 08-14-2010 at 10:47 AM.
Old 08-14-2010, 03:50 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,991 Likes on 1,414 Posts
Thread Is currently under review. If you posted in this huge mess, don't be surprised to find your account non-functional.