Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 05:31 PM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
bsr products... it was like $30 for a sheet enough for covering the full intake
Old 07-25-2008, 10:14 AM
lilvinnyb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
after driving around a few days with the AEM and comptech exhaust...i love it.

Nothing like driving in 2nd gear about 3500 RPM, hitting the gas, only to heat the audible WOOOOOISH sound, to be followed by the even more audible GRROWWLLL.

I do have the whistle as well around 2000 rpm, but ive come to love it .
Old 07-25-2008, 08:54 PM
SlammedOnKonis

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Question: How do I relocate the oxygen sensor with the aem?

Anyways, I got the AEM in today. I'm just waiting for my damn car to come out of the body shop next friday so I can install it.

Straight out of the box, I can tell AEM put more thought behind their product than Fujita did theirs. The AEM has better hardware and instructions that actually make sense...They even included zip-ties to make sure no loose cables are touching the intake tube.

Speaking of the tube, it's shorter and wider than the Fujita, which means the filter sits higher up (less chance of hydrolocking).

I'll post my own review next week when I finally get it installed.
Old 07-25-2008, 11:37 PM
The Kinetics of Bleu

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by ifirahse

Anyways, I got the AEM in today. I'm just waiting for my damn car to come out of the body shop next friday so I can install it.

Straight out of the box, I can tell AEM put more thought behind their product than Fujita did theirs. The AEM has better hardware and instructions that actually make sense...They even included zip-ties to make sure no loose cables are touching the intake tube.

Speaking of the tube, it's shorter and wider than the Fujita, which means the filter sits higher up (less chance of hydrolocking).

I disagree, I think the Fujita has much nicer clamps though.
Old 07-26-2008, 02:48 AM
Being an Acha Bacha in

Received 127 Likes on 88 Posts
Kennedy I agree with you, this is exactly why I rather just save my money and drop it on a SC as its proven to give a substantial amount of actual performance gains and not just psychological gains.
Old 07-26-2008, 06:06 AM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Originally Posted by TLAdvanced
I disagree, I think the Fujita has much nicer clamps though.
Very true the fujita clamps were definitely better than the aem in terms of once you open them up they facilitate closing them backup.. But regardless of this it isn't like the clamps aem included don't do the same shop
Old 07-26-2008, 07:08 AM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
INJEN has nicer stickers!
Old 07-26-2008, 08:44 AM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

You ever buy a Fujita? Fujita's come with all that, zipties and whatnot, nicer t-bolt clamps, mine even came with a Fujita stickers, bag, and hat... and all you got was a crappy license plate frame.

Hydrolock... ? Anyone on AZ ever hydrolock... ? Longer tube means closer to the air vent, thus fresher air. Hydrolock's not a concern at all unless you're driving through 16 + inches of water. the close up to the engine you get, the closer to a "ram air" you get.

Keep convincing yourself you got a superior product for that exhorbitant price...
Old 07-26-2008, 09:25 AM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S N A P
Old 07-26-2008, 12:36 PM
SlammedOnKonis

Originally Posted by Kennedy
You ever buy a Fujita? Fujita's come with all that, zipties and whatnot, nicer t-bolt clamps, mine even came with a Fujita stickers, bag, and hat... and all you got was a crappy license plate frame.

Hydrolock... ? Anyone on AZ ever hydrolock... ? Longer tube means closer to the air vent, thus fresher air. Hydrolock's not a concern at all unless you're driving through 16 + inches of water. the close up to the engine you get, the closer to a "ram air" you get.

Keep convincing yourself you got a superior product for that exhorbitant price...
Um yes actually, I have a Fujita on my car right now. And it didn't come with any zip-ties...it did come with a tasty energy drink though. I didn't get a license plate frame with the AEM, though, mine came with just the intake.

I got the aem for pretty cheap, which is the only reason I got it. I know I can sell my Fujita afterwards and take a really small loss...i.e <$20.

Anyhow, come on man, it seems like I'm rubbing you the wrong way by buying a different intake and seeing if there are any differences. It's my car, my money...sorry.
Old 07-26-2008, 02:01 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
Your right... your car, your money.

I'm merely arguing "value", to which I was rebutting your comments above that the AEM is superior, to which I'm arguing it's not...

Enjoy your purchase.
Old 07-26-2008, 07:27 PM
SlammedOnKonis

Originally Posted by Kennedy
Your right... your car, your money.

I'm merely arguing "value", to which I was rebutting your comments above that the AEM is superior, to which I'm arguing it's not...

Enjoy your purchase.
To each his own. People will probably value you're insight more than mine anyways, since you've been here longer and have about 16 years on me.
Old 07-26-2008, 09:53 PM
SlammedOnKonis

Old 07-27-2008, 12:52 AM
Being an Acha Bacha in

Received 127 Likes on 88 Posts
I think you guys should just hug each other and make up. Haha
Old 07-27-2008, 01:26 AM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

the sensor is right in ur face... all you do is unscrew it using like a 7/8 wrench and put it on the intake tube, then put the supplied screw into the thermoblock
Old 08-08-2008, 10:21 AM
Race Director

Received 275 Likes on 159 Posts
I don't know maybe it's me, but I don't feel the difference between stock and AEM

I did relocate the sensor with AEM... In fact I only know AEM is there when I go WOT... otherwise it sounds and feels like stock. I read many people saying how much louder their TLs got, really?

08 TL-S

PS Yes, with the sensor at highway speeds, I did notice I have less lag at throttle between gears, but it's not a drastic change...
Old 08-08-2008, 12:41 PM
SlammedOnKonis

Originally Posted by TeknoKing
I don't know maybe it's me, but I don't feel the difference between stock and AEM

I did relocate the sensor with AEM... In fact I only know AEM is there when I go WOT... otherwise it sounds and feels like stock. I read many people saying how much louder their TLs got, really?

08 TL-S

PS Yes, with the sensor at highway speeds, I did notice I have less lag at throttle between gears, but it's not a drastic change...
Did you notice a loss of mpg when you relocated the sensor?
Old 08-18-2008, 02:48 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did you notice a loss of mpg when you relocated the sensor?
I doubt relocating the IAT to the intake does anything. Why? Obviously moving it to the intake will make it read colder thus dumping in more fuel (although it is a very small amount and a trim applied to the entire fuel map). More fuel doesn't mean more power and running rich all around is just not smart to begin with. Secondly, cars auto-correct themselves to run at a target AFR. I'm guessing the TL is running a wideband O2 and can perform much more "detailed" corrections than previous generation Honda/Acuras which ran narrowband O2's and could only really correct for idle and low load areas of the fuel map. If that is the case (TL's running wideband O2's with the ability to auto-correct in all areas of the fuel maps), the computer would simply see you are running richer and lower the duty cycle on the injectors which negates this little IAT "hack".