07 Type S front calipers?

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 09:15 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
07 Type S front calipers?

Tried this search function multiple times but can’t seem to get anything. Googled as well and I keep getting 45018-SEP-A60 and 45019 as front left and right calipers. Now 2 different Acura websites have it at around 450 and one at 670 ish. I guess I see such a discrepancy in price I figured it was mixed up with regular caliper and the 4 piston one. Whats the part numbers for the 2007 type s brembo 4 piston front calipers. Doing a brake job and both lower caliper bolts are cross threaded. Just buying all new OEM front everything while doing ball joints etc. Or will these ones be fine? Thank you!

https://www.brakeworld.com/2007-acura-tl-brembo-performance-brake-calipers-black-front-right-19696

Old Today, 09:11 AM
Racer

Received 123 Likes on 96 Posts
Just helicoil/time-sert them?

Also, RockAuto has Brembo reman'd for about $79/each after core trade-in. Or brand new for $180/each.
Save yourself $800. I'll accept paypal/venmo.
The following users liked this post:
thoiboi (Today)
Old Today, 09:44 AM
Intermediate

Appreciate the help. I’ll have to look into a helicoil kit for 19mm? I’ve never done that before. I bought this brembo design caliper online and they are too small. The rotor and brake pad won’t fit inside this application. I guess I can try one of those off rockauto, but the below aftermarket fail is why I wanted to go with Oem. But I’ll definitely look into the coil thing. Duralast Disc Brake Caliper 97B01022A
Old Today, 10:00 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,699 Likes on 6,709 Posts
Originally Posted by Ajgray1986
Appreciate the help. I’ll have to look into a helicoil kit for 19mm? I’ve never done that before. I bought this brembo design caliper online and they are too small. The rotor and brake pad won’t fit inside this application. I guess I can try one of those off rockauto, but the below aftermarket fail is why I wanted to go with Oem. But I’ll definitely look into the coil thing.Duralast Disc Brake Caliper 97B01022A

can you clarify why “they dont fit”? Pics would help as well
Old Today, 10:45 AM
Intermediate

Power stop kit ordered. Pic shows incorrect pads I received our correct pads when it arrived. The rotor and pad would not fit into the caliper. Once I placed the rotor on and one pad, the second pad, there’s no way for it to go in. Used a piston press, bled a little bit, piston all the way in. Plenty of clearance. But the aftermarket calipers didn’t have enough room to fit this kit. Bought OEM pads and rotors and once again. There isn’t enough room in them. I’m at work at the moment so can’t take any pics. I know it sounds weird, I know how to do brakes lol but the space for the last pad is too small. Id have to literally grind off a bit of the pad for it to even seat in there. I even used a rubber mallet a little to maybe shimmy it in. All I was doing was grinding metal off the caliper and against the rotor. I assume maybe I just got a bad set of reman’d calipers. Because it happened on both sides. Which is why I’d rather not go through the hassle of another aftermarket or reman’d set and just purchase OEM.

https://www.carparts.com/details/Acu.../P15K2718.html

Last edited by Ajgray1986; Today at 10:50 AM.
Old Today, 10:55 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Ajgray1986
Power stop kit ordered. Pic shows incorrect pads I received our correct pads when it arrived. The rotor and pad would not fit into the caliper. Once I placed the rotor on and one pad, the second pad, there’s no way for it to go in. Used a piston press, bled a little bit, piston all the way in. Plenty of clearance. But the aftermarket calipers didn’t have enough room to fit this kit. Bought OEM pads and rotors and once again. There isn’t enough room in them. I’m at work at the moment so can’t take any pics. I know it sounds weird, I know how to do brakes lol but the space for the last pad is too small. Id have to literally grind off a bit of the pad for it to even seat in there. I even used a rubber mallet a little to maybe shimmy it in. All I was doing was grinding metal off the caliper and against the rotor. I assume maybe I just got a bad set of reman’d calipers. Because it happened on both sides. Which is why I’d rather not go through the hassle of another aftermarket or reman’d set and just purchase OEM.

https://www.carparts.com/details/Acu.../P15K2718.html
in the original post, you’re talking about calipers, but then you post a link for pads/rotors . Are you saying these are the pads/rotors you bought?
also, for the brembos, your supposed to install the rotors, then the calipers and THEN slide the pads in from the outside. .

at “i know how to do brakes” if you tried to put the pads on the rotor and THEN Put the caliper on
Old Today, 11:05 AM
Intermediate

Those were bought and Oem pads and rotors as well. Neither fit inside these reman’d “brembos”. Once you try to put the second pad in, there’s not enough room.
Old Today, 11:23 AM
Senior Moderator

You’ve tightened the caliper down to the bracket and the rotor has no play? E.g. you can achieve this by running a lug nut or two down to keep the rotor in place
Old Today, 11:41 AM
Intermediate

I’m not sure if I’m not explaining it well enough but there is not enough room in the caliper to fit the rotor and two pads. The rotor is on, caliper on, one pad in, it’s impossible to fit the second pad in. Both the power stop kit AND Oem do not fit, in this caliper. Which is why I asked, for the Oem caliper part number. I’m not chancing an incorrect reman’d caliper again. If I do the helicoil method, I’ll just sell the fixed ones.