04 TL AUTO w/Greddy EVO Exhaust SOUND CLIP W PIX!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 11:14 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
fantastic
Old 12-11-2007, 11:26 PM
FizzyStatus!

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by ib18c1
fantastic
Old 12-12-2007, 07:28 AM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
definitely has a nice sound in that video... dayum
Old 12-12-2007, 07:36 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it the installation error since I can see the pipe hanging from behind? It doesnt look clean at all.
Old 12-12-2007, 01:12 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by kin12345
Is it the installation error since I can see the pipe hanging from behind? It doesnt look clean at all.
No it was not installed wrong or designed wrong, your stock system is this way as well. You just notice it more because of the larger SS piping used.
Old 12-12-2007, 01:21 PM
FizzyStatus!

Are you talking about the piping? I THINK THE GREDDY PIPING LOOKS SEXY!!
Old 12-12-2007, 01:47 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
The piping looks awesome along with the tips. My tips is not centered because i was in a hurry when installing the exhaust.
Old 12-12-2007, 02:41 PM
312 HP 271 TQ Dynapack

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
My Crappy Video

Here's a vid I shot last night before I left work. Standby...cuz it's pretty shitty, but it's all I got for now. I'm gonna try to get someone to record for me, but I gottta find a good place/time to be able to go WOT without drawing too much attention to myself. SO STAY TUNNED!!!

I also think this system is a bit too loud, specifically in the low RPM range where it drones like a madman. It's kinda irritating on the freeway. Maybe the supercharger and procats make it louder???

PLAN A; Dynamat exreme under rear seat & trunk

PLAN B; Magnaflow resonator? Will this help? Any input??

PLAN C; FUCK IT...live with it, or remove it.

VIDEO LINK
http://s72.photobucket.com/albums/i1...voII_part1.flv
Old 12-12-2007, 02:45 PM
FizzyStatus!

Wow...Forced Induction for the win....Sounds sexy

Couldnt hear the exhaust really haha Background was loud!

I always make my exhaust vids in a quiet street out in the middle of no where, but then again, you live in LA haha
Old 12-12-2007, 05:39 PM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I kinda like the drone. It sounds like it has a pair. I know it's a luxury car, but it's play too

I hope some more people get some videos up! Maybe we can get a Comptech and GReddy side-by-side, for the people to decide?
Old 12-13-2007, 04:50 AM
06 6spd TL BAGGED

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
damnnn those tips look animal!
Old 12-13-2007, 06:19 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by mrlunecy
I also think this system is a bit too loud, specifically in the low RPM range where it drones like a madman. It's kinda irritating on the freeway. Maybe the supercharger and procats make it louder???
Damn I was afraid of that. Sigh. I was about to buy the Greddy from another member coz he didn't want it anymore.

Like I've said in my above post, I had Greddy in my civic and accord before and I love em. I guess as you age LOL (or maybe just me) you tend to look for something more subtle.

If the growl only comes in high rpms I would still get it but it seems like I might be irritated with it on low rpms specially on a highway cruising at 65-75

I dunno. I really have to think about this. It's sexy as hell though.
Old 12-13-2007, 08:27 AM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

if you guys want to kill the drone there are 2 choices which will take care of that

1. Aero Turbine Resonator
2. Vibrant Hushpower Resonator

DO NOT CHEAPEN UP YOUR EXHAUST WITH A DYNOMAX OR MAGNAFLOW RESONATOR
Old 12-13-2007, 09:36 AM
Advanced

I am wondering which aero resonators will work ar20, 25, and 30.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:32 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
First, let me says thank to mrlunecy for not putting his video on YouTube so I could actually see it. However, I don't know how any of you could say anything about the exhaust from it...all I heard was the train engine and his SC. Personally, I'll hear it myself in a couple of days. Man that SC sounds awesome!
Old 12-13-2007, 11:11 AM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Hate to say I told you so... but I told you so:
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...ghlight=Greddy
Originally Posted by Kennedy
08-23-2007, 12:35 PM

Holy christ...
I just realized the Greddy has NO resonator OR mid muffler... with those small can mufflers. I though the Greddy was following the Comptech model with at least a mid muffler.

No wonder it's so cheap, it's just mandrel bent pipe and a couple of mufflers...

I gotta tell ya, I'm really apprehensive about how loud this is gonna be. I know how much the Comptech drones, and it has smaller piping, a mid muffler, and larger volume rear mufflers... this thing is gonna be LOUD.

Toprocket, I've read your input, I can only assume your tolerance threshhold for noise and drone is much higher than mine.

Again, I'm REALLY glad to see the product come to market, but I predict about 1/3 of these sold will be in the Black Market within 60 days because the way the noise transforms the car (in a bad way). Some are OK with it, they usually say "turn up the radio"... I ride a Harley for noise, that's like music. My pseudo luxury car should be "kinda" peaceful. I like a litle noise to tell me when to shift, and when I'm gettin on it so i know I'm gettin on it.

I sincerely hope the drone is not as bad as I think it's gonna be.

I cannot wait to ride in a TL that has it... I really wana hear a TL that has this exhaust and a SuperCharger.
I am suprised that it's so loud with the Supercharger. I thought the Comptech was droney, but Actros reported that his Comptech drone all but went away with the Supercharger.

Adding a resonator is a viable option, but kills the "value" of the Greddy system, and require a competent shop to handle... ruining the "bolt on" concept. Bummer. Really wish this system had the resonator/or mid muffler stock to kill that drone.

Makes me laugh when everyone voted the LOUDER bigger pipe for the extra 5 HP...

Good luck guys.
Old 12-13-2007, 11:19 AM
Instructor

^^We already have one member stating that the greddy system is too quiet. lol

And on the ATLP thread, a member stated that the ATLP exhaust is louder than the greddy, but some people are in love with the ATLP already. My personal opinion is that you guys either need to hear it in person, hear a high quality sound clip, or hear a video with the comptech and greddy side by side for comparison (since a lot of you know what a comptech sounds like).
Old 12-13-2007, 11:56 AM
Safety Car

Received 435 Likes on 328 Posts
After playing around with a custom exhaust, I don't know how all the civic's around here with huge loud fartcan's can stand it.

My first pass with a 12" responator and a pair of 11" magnaflows resulted in so much drone at 2.5K that I couldn't stand it just driving around town. I couldn't imagine taking a long trip with it.

Even with the 6"X26" resonator, I find myself shifting on the interstate to stay out of that range.

Nothing between the cat and mufflers must be really bad.....

On the other hand, I can't relate to the rides going around shaking the ground with 4-12" woofers fed by a million watts of power....so it's got to be an aquired taste......
Old 12-13-2007, 12:34 PM
The Darker the berry....

Originally Posted by Kennedy
Hate to say I told you so... but I told you so:
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...ghlight=Greddy

I am suprised that it's so loud with the Supercharger. I thought the Comptech was droney, but Actros reported that his Comptech drone all but went away with the Supercharger.

Adding a resonator is a viable option, but kills the "value" of the Greddy system, and require a competent shop to handle... ruining the "bolt on" concept. Bummer. Really wish this system had the resonator/or mid muffler stock to kill that drone.

Makes me laugh when everyone voted the LOUDER bigger pipe for the extra 5 HP...

Good luck guys.
You guys must be hearing a different sound clip than me - the latest one had so much background and SC noise (which sounds great BTW) besides the fact that he has other stuff installed as well. Posting the clip was much appreciated but he stated that the sound quality was suspect and indeed it was. The 2nd clip posted by THTL was much better but he was just revving the engine.

Guys - let's not pass judgement so quickly and start coming up with add-ons to quiet this supposed drone. Like GReddy said, 1 member stated it was too loud and another stated it wasn't loud enough - everyone's got an opinion but I'm not drawing any conclusions until I get mine installed or I hear a really good sound clip.
Old 12-13-2007, 01:08 PM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

I am wondering which aero resonators will work ar20, 25, and 30.
AR25 is the correct resonator
the greddy catback is 60mm which is roughly ~2.37... a cut and a weld and
Old 12-13-2007, 02:40 PM
Advanced

Do the Procats make an exhaust sound louder ?
Old 12-13-2007, 02:46 PM
Tee EL

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i just got mine today!! can't wait. question. how many pieces are supposed to be in the box? i have 4. 2 mufflers and 2 pipes. is that all?
Old 12-13-2007, 03:55 PM
Three Wheelin'

yes.
Old 12-13-2007, 04:10 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by jetblakTL
You guys must be hearing a different sound clip than me - the latest one had so much background and SC noise (which sounds great BTW) besides the fact that he has other stuff installed as well. Posting the clip was much appreciated but he stated that the sound quality was suspect and indeed it was. The 2nd clip posted by THTL was much better but he was just revving the engine.

Guys - let's not pass judgement so quickly and start coming up with add-ons to quiet this supposed drone. Like GReddy said, 1 member stated it was too loud and another stated it wasn't loud enough - everyone's got an opinion but I'm not drawing any conclusions until I get mine installed or I hear a really good sound clip.
I'm not listening to any soundclips... My comments are just a perception based on my experience with hacking up the stock exhaust and driving my Comptech for a year.

And of the 4 that I've seen installed here (TopRocket, WillRox, THTL, and MrLunecy), WillRox is for sale in BM already, and mrlunecy's comments are noted above. Truly, "tolerance" for noise is what will make the difference. I'm hypothesizing many will not have the tolerance to take it

I'm not poo pooing it... Just stating an educated, but "unobserved" opinion based on my experiences. I look forwatd to further reviews.
Old 12-13-2007, 04:20 PM
Three Wheelin'

The droning is not that bad, I didn't even notice it today while driving to work. What do you expect from an after market cat back. I bought it for the sound, performance and the way it look.
Old 12-13-2007, 06:21 PM
Three Wheelin'

what is good cleaning products to use when cleaning this exhaust to keep it shiny.
Old 12-13-2007, 06:54 PM
13.2@ 107 on Street tires

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by THTL
what is good cleaning products to use when cleaning this exhaust to keep it shiny.
some wheel polish..i cant remember the name but its in a silver tin can...its made to polish stainless wheels...its a tin can full of cotton that has some kinda chemical soaked in it..
Old 12-13-2007, 07:20 PM
v 4910shp/19,600ft-lb v

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nevr-dull by Eagle One sold at Advance auto parts. Works awesome, just be sure to read the full directions...
Old 12-13-2007, 07:25 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts

Eagle One Nevr Dull is teh shit
Old 12-13-2007, 08:26 PM
312 HP 271 TQ Dynapack

Originally Posted by jetblakTL
You guys must be hearing a different sound clip than me - the latest one had so much background and SC noise (which sounds great BTW) besides the fact that he has other stuff installed as well. Posting the clip was much appreciated but he stated that the sound quality was suspect and indeed it was.
I told you guys it was crappy. True, it's noisy as sh@t, but I just replayed it myself and if you can't hear the cans, you gotta check your speakers (no; laptop speakers won't cut it) haha

...you know what? I LOVE the way it sound's from the outside. I only wish it was the same inside the cab. At low rpm; It's music on the outside...drone in the inside.

I let it rip at WOT on the way home a couple of times today, and the tone completely changes in the boost range; no drone and it sounds freakin amazing. Sports-luxury- turned- angry beast attempting to break the sound barrier! Too bad it can't always sound like that. I'm gonna try to capture this effect on video for you guys, in a "quieter background" next time.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:34 PM
Feenin on some 20's

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts
so i actually drove it around today... OMG, it is LOUD... kennedy is right.. It's really loud in the low RPM's.. But DAM I love it.. If Greddy can make the drone in the high RPM's instead of the low RPM's, that would be excellent.. Greddy, I think we need a resonator... I mean, i love this exhaust, but w/o a resonator, I'm scared to get pulled over. I said it wasn't loud enough yesterday, because i only drove it around the block. Now that I drove over 100 miles, I can hear it and the drone's pretty deep. I'm constantly on the lookout for cops.. If u add the procats to this, WOW..... it'd be pretty dam loud...

I compared it with my friend's 350z Agency exhaust(if u guys know anything about that exhaust, my god.. it's loud and mean).. I was up to par with it, lol. Just a little lower in dB...

Once again, not saying that I hate the exhaust, but I honestly think a resonator is necessary.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:42 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by AcuraTLboi
so i actually drove it around today... OMG, it is LOUD... kennedy is right.. It's really loud in the low RPM's.. But DAM I love it.. If Greddy can make the drone in the high RPM's instead of the low RPM's, that would be excellent.. Greddy, I think we need a resonator... I mean, i love this exhaust, but w/o a resonator, I'm scared to get pulled over. I said it wasn't loud enough yesterday, because i only drove it around the block. Now that I drove over 100 miles, I can hear it and the drone's pretty deep. I'm constantly on the lookout for cops.. If u add the procats to this, WOW..... it'd be pretty dam loud...

I compared it with my friend's 350z Agency exhaust(if u guys know anything about that exhaust, my god.. it's loud and mean).. I was up to par with it, lol. Just a little lower in dB...

Once again, not saying that I hate the exhaust, but I honestly think a resonator is necessary.

Yeah, i would really like to here this thing in person.......

My Comptech with E-Shift 3rd cat sounds pretty damn mean, but no bad drone at all.... It is on youtube if you want to hear it under aem comptech acura tl... Dont want to put i direct link in the greddy thread..... I love it though..
Old 12-13-2007, 11:03 PM
Feenin on some 20's

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by desper

My Comptech with E-Shift 3rd cat sounds pretty damn mean, but no bad drone at all.... It is on youtube if you want to hear it under aem comptech acura tl... Dont want to put i direct link in the greddy thread..... I love it though..
fsho adam.. come down to the south bay.. or sell me the tein-ss and i can show u
Old 12-14-2007, 08:03 AM
Advanced

Anyone has installed it in NYC area mind I check it out?
Old 12-14-2007, 09:07 AM
The Darker the berry....

OK - I just listened to the last sound clip with a better set of speakers and..... yeah, there is a $hitload of drone there. I think the other stuff he's got installed is affecting that, cause THTL's exhaust doesn't sound that loud. I dunno - I've decided I'm gonna install mine when it gets here and drive around for a few weeks and make a decision then - I figure you gotta let the exhaust settle a little. I remember the GReddy SP I had on my 91 300ZX sounded OK when I first installed it, but when it broke in after a couple hundred miles... WOW - major difference. Not that it got any quieter, but it was a much better sound. We'll see - after driving a 94 Civic with a wannabe ebay Greddy catback for 4 years, I am completely and totally opposed - even allergic - to drone. But damn it LOOKS SWEET, doesn't it - I much prefer the GReddy look to the ATLP - JMHO.
Old 12-14-2007, 12:37 PM
312 HP 271 TQ Dynapack

Originally Posted by desper

Saw the youtube vid...clean car bro. Yeah, I'm starting to like the comptech system more. You got any driving videos? Would like to hear it under load. Sounds deep and throaty, w/ no drone? I like it! So the only diff between greddy and comptech is comptech's got a mid-muffler? Maybe adding a decent resonator might do the trick.
Old 12-14-2007, 12:53 PM
Trucki!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Saw the youtube vid...clean car bro. Yeah, I'm starting to like the comptech system more. You got any driving videos? Would like to hear it under load. Sounds deep and throaty, w/ no drone? I like it! So the only diff between greddy and comptech is comptech's got a mid-muffler? Maybe adding a decent resonator might do the trick.
That was my thought if it is too loud. A good shop should be able to keep it a bolt on system and add a good mid muffler. I really want the look more than a ton of sound
Old 12-14-2007, 01:15 PM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone has installed it in NYC area mind I check it out?
Na man, we won't get ours on the east coast for another week. When I get it I'm going to do some Very good video's though. I have plenty of time and filming experience to record a nice video of it. By the way as much as I hate to say it, I agree with kennedy (even though theres no need for the I told you so's) about it just being a tolerance level thing. It just depends on how much noise your willing to take, I know that I'm going to love it. I had a loud ass teg with unimaginable drone (I couldn't stand it) for ten years before this and all that I'm around in my neighborhood are loud ass 350z's and evo's and s4's and I'm ready to make as much aftermarket noise as them. So it's just preference you either like it or you don't and I don't like the comptec so I bought the greddy simple as that
Old 12-14-2007, 02:23 PM
Three Wheelin'

Give it some time guys. Its not as loud as i first installed it. I think its perfect.
Old 12-14-2007, 03:02 PM
Engineer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by THTL
Give it some time guys. Its not as loud as i first installed it. I think its perfect.
I hope so....or my wife's gonna complain about the loudness....

Quick Reply: 04 TL AUTO w/Greddy EVO Exhaust SOUND CLIP W PIX!!!