Where is Quebec?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2005, 06:20 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where is Quebec?

So here I am planning a trip from Toronto to Quebec city, and the stupid Navi can not find it? No Montreal either. What is going on? Should I use the french language to find french city? ;-) . Somebody from Quebec, pls let me know if my $3000 CDN option is useless in the Far East.
Old 01-17-2005, 05:40 PM
Keep Right Except to Pass

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts
Mine has Montreal and a few of the autoroutes in the Eastern Townships, but nothing else in Quebec, not even Autoroute 15 up to Mont-Tremblant.
Old 01-17-2005, 05:52 PM
Intermediate

Did you change the province on the menu? I know I've tried to find a place in another province but forgot to change it from ontario first.
Old 01-17-2005, 06:57 PM
Advanced

tried changing the provice and nothing. I am very upset at Acura for having such terible map coverage. My $500 Garmin GPS had all of Montreal Quebec City and many more details for northern Ontario. It had only 64MB of memory!!!!! Now I wonder how is the sales of Acura in Quebec? They can't even show the Navi!!!! It is crazy!!!!
Old 01-17-2005, 07:02 PM
'99 Acura 3.2TL

i think i can help you
Old 01-17-2005, 07:11 PM
'99 Acura 3.2TL

From Toronto, take highway 401 east. That road will lead you to the Ontario/Quebec border. When crossing the boarder, the road name will change to Highway 20. Follow this way until you see directions for highway 40 (or 540) towards Mirabel/Hull/Ottawa/Montreal. Follow those directions.. That will get you on highway 40. This highway goes to Quebec City... It will guide you through Montreal to Trois-Rivieres (my city ) then you will have to take an exit and you will be on highway 55 for like 2 mins.. then you will see directions for highway 40/QUEBEC... that's where you wanna go

The whole trip should take around 8 hours... 6.5 hours from Toronto to Trois-Rivieres, and 1.5 hours from Trois-Rivieres to Quebec City...

PM me if you need more precise info or help or anything!
Old 01-17-2005, 09:39 PM
Advanced

Thank you for directions. I am sure I will get there, but I will hate to be driving on unverified roads, not being able to find anything, hotels and so on.....
Did you see the TL commercial? The guy is driving through the desert and finds a hotel and even his phone has a reception. Well now never mind the phone, but if the Navi is missing Quebec, and most of eastern Canada, then I think we (Canadians) should get a discount on the whole navi SCAM. (or at least free upgrade).

The more I write about it, the more frustrated I get! I think I will make an issue about this with my dealer when I go there for Service A. I will demand a free upgrade.
Old 01-18-2005, 12:14 PM
'99 Acura 3.2TL

that's why my dad didnt get the navi for his '04... what's the point in having it if it only really covers the US and large cities...?

may i ask why you decided to make a trip to Quebec?
Old 01-18-2005, 05:20 PM
Advanced

I visited once, and fell in love with the city. It is the best destination in Canada for a romantic trip. The best place to take may True Love (TL)....... and my girlfiriend. Also I will go skiing there. The only problem is that my True Love will show me no love once I get there.... Will have to buy a paper map!!!!! because I sold my old GPS with my new car, thinking... I don't need it now !!! My car has navi!!! How naive....
Old 01-24-2005, 08:47 AM
'99 Acura 3.2TL

Originally Posted by MrBadGUy
I visited once, and fell in love with the city. It is the best destination in Canada for a romantic trip. The best place to take may True Love (TL)....... and my girlfiriend. Also I will go skiing there. The only problem is that my True Love will show me no love once I get there.... Will have to buy a paper map!!!!! because I sold my old GPS with my new car, thinking... I don't need it now !!! My car has navi!!! How naive....

sounds like fun!

you should get some info on the Ice Hotel... you can prolly guess by the name that it's a hotel made completly out of ice, i saw it on TV it's crazy! that could make for a romantic night with candles and stuff

have fun!

justin
Old 01-24-2005, 09:34 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 131 Likes on 79 Posts
Bush didn't want the french canadians using our GPS sats