What would you do, recieved damaged speaker packing

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 12:45 AM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts
What would you do, recieved damaged speaker packing

Ok, it seems weird but bear with me. Some new event have stirred this old mess up. I purchased a pair of Dynaudio 430 midrange speakers from Jerry almost a year ago. I agreed to have Jerry ship to a moderator on DIYMA for klippel testing. Jerry had no part in this, he just shipped where I told him to ship. So the brand new speakers that I've never even seen before get klippeled and sent to me about a week later after the tests were done. They arrived in a water damaged box. This was the factory box. The tester said he spilled some water in the box. The manual was missing and the lid was torn at the seam. Keep in mind, these midranges retail for $1,800. I might not care about packaging so much but for this kind of money I want the manual and I want everything perfect. It took long enough for him to ship after the testing was complete that Jerry stepped in on my behalf to try and hurry it up.

Later, I sent my Dyn 650 for klippel testing in the factory box but double boxed. I only had to send one. In the empty hole I also sent my Massive Audio SK-6 for klippel testing. The Dyn 650 retails for $1,000 and the Massive set retails for $180. Maybe not the most expensive but not cheap either. So it takes 3 weeks after testing is complete to get the Dyn back. My car is without a midbass for 3 weeks which isn't the end of the world I guess. However, the package that I paid the shipping for arrives with only the Dyn. The Massive is not there. I'm not mad because I was not planning on using the Massive again, just putting it for sale on here and DIYMA. So I ask about it and he not only forgot about it but he lost it. A couple weeks go by and he finds it and I tell him to forget about it, to keep it. I wanted nothing to do with this stuff anymore.

The only person on DIYMA to hear about this was Jerry since he's my dealer. So on DIYMA some things were brought up the other day with his packaging of another person's speakers. They were first sent for Klippel testing and then to Jerry for the midbass shootout. Jerry was brought into question so I said the ball was probably not dropped on Jerry's end. I was called out and so far have not said a whole lot in my defense but not I think I was made to look like a liar and just small. So, I'll probably be banned but I have pictures of the way my $1,800 midranges arrived to me and I was thinking of posting them. I spend too much time over there as it is and I can still read if I need to learn something so a ban isn't the end of the world.

Any opinions, suggestions? Here's the pictures if anyone is interested:

This is where the manual should have been.

Another shot showing the tear in the seam of the lid:

Am I over reacting or would anyone else call him out on it publically?
Old 09-30-2012, 08:13 AM
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
Why were you called out for ? I would put my .02 in and say how your experiance was and post your pictures and mention him not sending you your other speaker and how careless that person is . If they still ban you for it , then so be it but i would do it just to clear your name
Old 09-30-2012, 12:28 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 594 Likes on 457 Posts
i would post the entire story and call out the person responsible for sure. should be tsted boxed and shipped, not sitting around to be lost and or damaged, and or parts/manuals go missing. not professional business or service.
Old 09-30-2012, 01:23 PM
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
^^^^^^ Exactly ! I'd for sure say somthing ! Plus it shows that the damaged box/missing parts isn't the 1st time its happend .