Verizon 8330 w/ OS 4.5 Bluetooth Problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 03:59 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Verizon 8330 w/ OS 4.5 Bluetooth Problem

New problem. After downloading Verizon's new OS 4.5.0.77 last week, I've run into problems with my Bluetooth and my 06 TL. Everything works fine, with absolutely no problems with the HFL. But, alot of the times, after I've hung up with someone, I go to use my 8330 Curve and basically, none of the buttons function! It' like they are locked, which there are not. Does anyone know of an update to the firmware on the Bluetooth for the 06TL that would allow it to work with Verizon's new OS?

help,

jkk4
Old 11-15-2008, 01:51 PM
10th Gear

Fingers are crossed, but I think I figured it out. Did a "clear" and wiped all settings in my Hands Free Link in my TL and re-paired with my Curve and reinstalled address book. Seems as if this fixed it.

jkk4
Old 11-15-2008, 04:06 PM
10th Gear

Spoke too soon. Froze up again. No buttons work on my 8330, yet I can receive calls and disconnect!!! It's got to be the software in the TL. Hasn't anyone had this problem with their TL - Verizon -Blackberry?

Very friggin frustrating.

jkk4
Old 11-15-2008, 08:29 PM
Fight On!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thanks for the heads up.

I guess i'll just wait on the OS upgrade.

I have the same phone, provider, and model year TL.
Old 11-19-2008, 04:56 AM
10th Gear

Ok, I think I finally got it. I cleared the link on my phone and pulled battery. Then, did a clear on the HFL and wiped clean for a second time. Re-Paired and it now works. BTW, I was using Auto-Standby 2.2.1 on my 8330 and got rid of it. That may have had something to do with it.

jkk4
Old 11-23-2008, 05:48 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by jkk4
Ok, I think I finally got it. I cleared the link on my phone and pulled battery. Then, did a clear on the HFL and wiped clean for a second time. Re-Paired and it now works. BTW, I was using Auto-Standby 2.2.1 on my 8330 and got rid of it. That may have had something to do with it.

jkk4
Wrong again!! OK, I think I've solved the problem. Cleared everything on HFL, deleted HFL off my Blackberry 8330(Verizon). Rebooted , re-paired and DID NOT add any names to the Phone Book. This seems to be the culprit. As long as I don't use the phonebook, which I have cleared, all works fine now. So, Anyone with a 2006 TL and a Blackberry 8330 from Verizon, the phonebook causes my Blackberry to lick up after making a call and none of the Blackberry buttons work. You must do a battery pull to get back to normal. Sure hope this finally solves this issue.

jkk4
Old 11-24-2008, 10:31 AM
2nd Gear

i've been having the same problem with my 09 TSX since installing the new OS from verizon... however, i noticed that when i dont have the phone in standby mode, the buttons don't seem to be freezing up anymore. It's kind of a pain in the ass to have to take the phone off standby each time i get in my car, but for now it seemed to resolve the problem. Please let me know if any of you guys figure a way to permanently fix this issue...
Old 11-24-2008, 12:17 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by jp831
i've been having the same problem with my 09 TSX since installing the new OS from verizon... however, i noticed that when i dont have the phone in standby mode, the buttons don't seem to be freezing up anymore. It's kind of a pain in the ass to have to take the phone off standby each time i get in my car, but for now it seemed to resolve the problem. Please let me know if any of you guys figure a way to permanently fix this issue...
JP, do you use your phonebook in your HFL? Maybe it is the standby thing. I'll give that a shot and test it. I thought it was the phonebook. Please let me know

jkk4
Old 12-04-2008, 01:27 PM
3rd Gear

Same Problem with BMW and Motorola BT

This is a VZW software issue. I have the EXACT same problem with my 8330 and v4.5.077 and both my 06 BMW 550i and my 07 Tundra which has a Motorola IHF1000 BT kit.

It seems to me that if you initiate a call using the car's bluetooth, the subsequent freeze occurs. If you make all of your calls using the phone as the controller (still talk/listen thru the BT kit), phone seems not to suffer the problem.

I spoke with VZW today and made them aware that this problem existed with the v4.5.077 sw across multiple cars and that it did not exist with the previous 4.3 sw.

Regards,

BIFF (no Acura but found this while Googling the problem)
Old 02-11-2009, 08:42 PM
1st Gear

What a relief to see this thread. I am having the exact same problem with my 8330 (verizon). I have a 2005 Prius and am experiencing the same problem.

I usually have the device in Standby. After making (not receiving) a call, I will often (not always) discover that the keyboard is frozen. Interestingly, if I power off and then power on, all the keys function properly except holding the mute button to activate Standby mode. The only way to restore the Standby functionality is a battery pull (or the free QuickPull application which will perform a reset without having to open the case).

I'm going to try not using Standby and see if that makes the problem go away. I can usually find out in a few days.

btw, I was so convinced that this was a hardware issue with the 8330 that I had it replaced by Verizon. However, now I'm noticing the same behavior with the replacment device. Hopefully there will be an enhancement in a future OS upgrade.
Old 02-18-2009, 06:59 AM
10th Gear

HFL and Verizon 8330 Problem

Originally Posted by richardbarth
What a relief to see this thread. I am having the exact same problem with my 8330 (verizon). I have a 2005 Prius and am experiencing the same problem.

I usually have the device in Standby. After making (not receiving) a call, I will often (not always) discover that the keyboard is frozen. Interestingly, if I power off and then power on, all the keys function properly except holding the mute button to activate Standby mode. The only way to restore the Standby functionality is a battery pull (or the free QuickPull application which will perform a reset without having to open the case).

I'm going to try not using Standby and see if that makes the problem go away. I can usually find out in a few days.

btw, I was so convinced that this was a hardware issue with the 8330 that I had it replaced by Verizon. However, now I'm noticing the same behavior with the replacment device. Hopefully there will be an enhancement in a future OS upgrade.
It is definately the standby button. As long as I don't have my phone on standby, all works fine. I now have the .131 OS on my 8330 and have not yet tried it with this new OS. Will give it a test to see if this was corrected.

jkk4
Old 02-18-2009, 08:35 AM
Man of God.....

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

Originally Posted by jkk4
Did a "clear" and wiped all settings in my Hands Free Link in my TL and re-paired with my Curve and reinstalled address book. Seems as if this fixed it.

jkk4
OK, How did you reinstall the address book? Just renter it line by line? Or is the a way to have the HFL reinstall it for you?
Old 02-18-2009, 08:49 AM
10th Gear

HFL and Verizon 8330 Problem

Originally Posted by Spiritman
OK, How did you reinstall the address book? Just renter it line by line? Or is the a way to have the HFL reinstall it for you?
I never have tried installing my address book. I've just manually created an address book in the HFL for phone numbers I dial frequently.

jkk4