Valor iLink feedback - iPOD adapter

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006 | 11:57 PM
Advanced

Valor iLink feedback - iPOD adapter

Has anyone installed the Valor iLink iPOD adapter in their car yet? Id like to hear some feedback or a review on it if someone has used this option. It sounds like a pretty solid way to go IMO.

Credit goes to WildBill448 for bringing this option to my attention.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...highlight=ipod
Old 04-20-2006 | 12:32 PM
Instructor

Well, It great that you can view an IPOD like menu on your navi screen and control everything through the remote control. You can place the IPOD out of sight (under the seat in my case). But it was released way too early. I have had problems with it freezing when scrolling through my artist list. I cant give any feedback on the sound quality yet since I'm running an FM modulator right now. I'm going to install the Ipx3 (or something like that) and I should get a better idea on the sound then.

THE BIG PROBLEM I have with it is that it WILL NOT play mp4 video files. So basically it wont play the video format that your ipod requires. If you convert dvd or download videos you wont be able to play them through the iLink. I will play other video formats but then you will be able to view them on the iLink but not on the Ipod.

I called Valor and talked to them about this, they said they are aware of the problem and should be releasing an update for it sometime in July that will fix this issue. We'll see.