USA SPEC PA11-HON2 easy installation help

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 02:07 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
USA SPEC PA11-HON2 easy installation help

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if there was anyone out there who would be willing to help me out on installing the USA SPEC PA11-HON2 ipod adapter into my 2006 TL. I'm fairly new to this car thing and don't have much experience in opening up my car for sure. Also being that this is a new car I really wanted to find a way in which I wouldn't have to open up anything on it.

I heard that there's a very simple way out there to do it without having to take apart anything in the car to plug it in.

Thanks all!
Old 03-15-2006, 02:09 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by slimmyjimmy
Hey everyone,

I was wondering if there was anyone out there who would be willing to help me out on installing the USA SPEC PA11-HON2 ipod adapter into my 2006 TL. I'm fairly new to this car thing and don't have much experience in opening up my car for sure. Also being that this is a new car I really wanted to find a way in which I wouldn't have to open up anything on it.

I heard that there's a very simple way out there to do it without having to take apart anything in the car to plug it in.

Thanks all!
I installed mine in a 2004 TL yesterday. It was anything but easy, unless you have a kid or spouse with REALLY small hands. Check out this link:
http://www.fperkins.com/Audioinputan...06AcuraTL.html
Old 03-15-2006, 02:12 PM
Pro

hey palmutiacura, I've seen that link before and those steps don't look much easier to do than actually taking apart the car the way the regular install is supposed to be done. Am I overlooking something?
Old 03-15-2006, 04:21 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by slimmyjimmy
hey palmutiacura, I've seen that link before and those steps don't look much easier to do than actually taking apart the car the way the regular install is supposed to be done. Am I overlooking something?
I installed the blitz safe aux input yesterday. I would reccomend that over the USA Spec...just because I have installed and used the blitz and had no problems.

There is nothing "difficult" about the installation, just a lot of patience (to unhook the factory cable and hook in the aftermarket). Helps if u have small hands (or a kid or a wife) I used a $15 dollar ear phone --> l/r cable to hook up the ipod, sounds great (i plugged the aux in cable into the belkin car adaptor--in console...belkin car adaptor to ipod).

I am going to use the Sound Gate AUX3 so I can hook up other goodies. Just pull back the carpet and look at the adaptor...it seems so close, yet so far if u got big hands. I used a metal rod to push the tabs down (helps when you have the aux cable in hand so you can see how the tab works). Getting the new plug in was a real B**ch, but when it when in....YIPPPEE.

I am by no means an expert, if you give it your time....u can do it!

PM if you need anything else.