Tip on how to get free XM

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 03:21 AM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Tip on how to get free XM

This is my story:

When i first purchased the TL (Aug. 19th 08), i got a free 3 month trial with XM...this was great, and i actually enjoyed the channels they provided because it was actually better than listening to the radio.

After the the 3 month trial expired (November 2008), XM started calling me, "non-stop", and was wondering if i wanted to continue the service. I did what everyone was doing on this site regarding the $77 annually, with the promo code, etc, etc. However, they wouldn't budge...and i told them just to cancel it.

For about a good month, they kept on calling me, (writing me), and giving me offers other than the $77 a year deal. I started ignoring their calls 'cause i know they'd refuse the offer i wanted anyway - and if they cancelled it on the spot, i didn't care! At this point, i actually know their number (that shows up on my cell) because of their constant calling...so i just keep on ignoring their calls...and save my breath from talking to one of their reps.

To my surprise every month, (7 months from November already)...i still have the channels...and not paying a penny ever since i bought the car. Aug. 19, 2008 - til now!!! <I hope i don't jinx my luck after sharing this story>

Moral of the story is...do not answer your cell phone, especially if you think it's XM...(by this time, i hope everyone's familiar with their # already from their constant calling). The number that shows up on my cell is area code (510) or (877)...--> They still call me til this day! 2 weeks ago, it was EVERYDAY!

Hope this'll help you guys out...it's been almost a year, and i still haven't paid a penny!

Good Luck everyone!
Old 06-10-2009, 01:16 PM
2008 NBP Base is in

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds like one major pain in the arse to save just $77 per year.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:03 PM
Racer

^ what?! Pain in the a$s to "not answer your cell phone" if a number shows up?!

I'd rather check my cell phone for 2 seconds - than pay $77 a year. --> Unless, you're ballin like that, and you don't care about paying that in a year.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:02 PM
Fear and Loathing in my

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I hope they don't have a credit card of yours that you may not know of, bc they will charge it without your permission. I just talked to XM the other day for a quick minute, and they said they would just continue to send me invoices if I didn't tell them what to do. Hope your not ignoring their mail either...or maybe you're just a lucky one that's getting the free XM! I would love freee XM
Old 06-10-2009, 10:24 PM
Being an Acha Bacha in

Received 127 Likes on 88 Posts
^ Yeah I was just going to say that. They most likely auto charged you already.. check your statements.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:53 PM
Instructor

what is wrong for paying for it? look at it this way, 2.5 of gas tank and there it is...
it ain't worth the hasle. if one can afford payments on tl then 80 bucks should not be a problem. at least in my opinion.

good luck avoiding those calls.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:18 PM
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
They have your address if you registered your Acura & entered your radio codes online. Better hope they don't send it to collections. You think they call too much now, wait for the collection agency.....
Old 06-11-2009, 12:50 AM
Racer

Regarding credit card, they never got that info from me...i check my statements quite often, and again...nothing from XM. (that was my concern in the beginning).

The mails that they send me are "offers" such as so and so amount for 3 months special, etc.

They definitely have my address and phone # from the dealership...but what i'm wondering... is that if there is some sort of complication with my XM account, why don't they bother leaving a message in my voicemail to say that there are complications?...They would call, and never leave a message.

Nothing wrong with paying for $77 a year ( i think it's still a good deal)...but if you get it for "free", why not?

All i know is that i'm enjoying the "free" XM...and again, i hope this helps someone, but if you think it's a hassle - do not do what i'm doing, lol If it bites me in the arse later...i'll man up and take full responsibility, easy as that. I just hope they don't check Azine though!
Old 06-11-2009, 04:50 AM
Banned

Received 960 Likes on 593 Posts
Originally Posted by tl_rox
Regarding credit card, they never got that info from me...i check my statements quite often, and again...nothing from XM. (that was my concern in the beginning).

The mails that they send me are "offers" such as so and so amount for 3 months special, etc.

They definitely have my address and phone # from the dealership...but what i'm wondering... is that if there is some sort of complication with my XM account, why don't they bother leaving a message in my voicemail to say that there are complications?...They would call, and never leave a message.

Nothing wrong with paying for $77 a year ( i think it's still a good deal)...but if you get it for "free", why not?

All i know is that i'm enjoying the "free" XM...and again, i hope this helps someone, but if you think it's a hassle - do not do what i'm doing, lol If it bites me in the arse later...i'll man up and take full responsibility, easy as that. I just hope they don't check Azine though!

You're knowingly receiving a service you aren't paying for. Case law I've seen shows that the people who are guilty of this are responsible for paying for it in the end.
Old 06-11-2009, 11:17 AM
2008 NBP Base is in

tl_rox - Any trouble sleeping at night...? IMHO $77 per year is a very fair price for the service and I'm not into theft. Maybe it's that you're 28 years old and I'm twice that.....
Old 06-12-2009, 12:55 PM
10th Gear

Cool Story. It's not stealing to me. Not your fault they haven't shut you off. My 3 months trial ends soon. I'm not calling until they shut mine off. lol
Old 06-12-2009, 05:29 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by MattyGookes
Cool Story. It's not stealing to me. Not your fault they haven't shut you off. My 3 months trial ends soon. I'm not calling until they shut mine off. lol
Thanks MattyGookes, but i would suggest to talk to them at first and ask for the $77 deal - play hardball (cause that's what i did, but they didn't give it to me - then i told them just to cancel it; but again, they haven't ). I didn't completely ignore them at first!

Don't completely ignore them yet until you've talked to them...cross your fingers that they don't turn off your XM the same day you had the conversation until another CS personnel calls you... again, just like i did...then hopefully from there you get the same luck.

Good luck...but honestly bro, if they give you a $77 a year deal - that is still good in my books
Old 06-12-2009, 05:37 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Richard_P_Harvey
tl_rox - Any trouble sleeping at night...? IMHO $77 per year is a very fair price for the service and I'm not into theft. Maybe it's that you're 28 years old and I'm twice that.....
Haha, Mr. Harvey, i don't have problems sleeping at night at all - and i agree with you 100%, $77 a year is a great price for this because that's what i was asking them to do at first. and no, i'm not into theft at all...it's just if they haven't shut my XM down when i told them to cancel it..."what else can i do?"
Old 06-15-2009, 07:45 AM
2008 NBP Base is in

Originally Posted by tl_rox
Haha, Mr. Harvey, i don't have problems sleeping at night at all - and i agree with you 100%, $77 a year is a great price for this because that's what i was asking them to do at first. and no, i'm not into theft at all...it's just if they haven't shut my XM down when i told them to cancel it..."what else can i do?"
I guess what you could have done and what you actually did are two very different things. You could have just enjoyed you so called fortune, but you choose to post here attempting to get others to steal the service along with you. Sorry to call you out on this but it's just not cool in my opinion.
Old 06-21-2009, 09:36 AM
B A N N E D

I baught my car used, had it a month and still have XM...... that's about as free as it gets