Is there any way to play DVD VIDEOS on the 2005 TL?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2004, 03:00 AM
2005 ACURA TL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is there any way to play DVD VIDEOS on the 2005 TL?

Hi i just got my 2005 TL last week. The sales man that sold me my car told me that there is a way to bypass the EMERGENY BRAKE to allow the navigation screen to play dvds. Also that his previous customer showed him how to do it and it worked perfectly but now he doesnt remember. what a hoe!!!!!! ANYONE HELP ME OUT???
Old 10-28-2004, 06:01 AM
Black

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
This has been discussed - the navigation system does NOT play DVD Videos without an aftermarket adapter and a DVD player (changer). There's no emergency brake lock because... it doesn't play DVD's.
Old 10-28-2004, 06:45 AM
Photoshops, and Polls!!!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Do a search on:
DVD conversion or
DVD NAV
AVelectronics
or go to Audio Visual in 3rd gen forum
Old 10-28-2004, 10:47 AM
registered !!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Gosh these dum sales ppl drive me nuts. It is possible to play dvds on ur stock Navi. Consider Jerky's post above. But bypassing handbrake bla bla... what a load of crap...
Old 10-28-2004, 11:14 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by STEVESTINT
Hi i just got my 2005 TL last week. The sales man that sold me my car told me that there is a way to bypass the EMERGENY BRAKE to allow the navigation screen to play dvds. Also that his previous customer showed him how to do it and it worked perfectly but now he doesnt remember. what a hoe!!!!!! ANYONE HELP ME OUT???
LMAO! E-brake bypass? Gotta love those salespeople. It's similar to what Sierra Acura in Alhambra told me when I asked what the extra $300 mark up on an RSX Type S sticker was for. He said, "It's a protective coating we apply to every car we get. It's airbrushed on in the service department." Bull...

But back to the topic, I would imagine adding an aftermarket DVD player to play on the nav screen affects the warranty. I could be wrong though.
Old 10-28-2004, 02:25 PM
Cesspool of Knowledge

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Intox1221
Gosh these dum sales ppl drive me nuts. It is possible to play dvds on ur stock Navi. Consider Jerky's post above. But bypassing handbrake bla bla... what a load of crap...
Just so there's no misunderstandings here - It is not possible to play video DVDs on your stock Navi.

But, as Jerky mentioned - search for "avelectronics" (a video switch manufacturer), or check out this link: https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67878

Also, vsokolov (a vendor here) was doing a group buy a while back.

That said, please do yourself (and all of us on the same road) a favor and get some sort of safety switch installed with this so that you can't use the DVD display on your stock Navi when the car is in motion. The distraction factor is too high ... don't wish that you installed a safety switch after it's too late.
Old 10-28-2004, 06:53 PM
registered !!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by żGotJazz?
Just so there's no misunderstandings here - It is not possible to play video DVDs on your stock Navi.
GotJazz you make me sick !!!

You just have to swoop in and be the smart guy that you are. I am well aware of Avelectronic and the DVD swticher system. And that is what i based my comment on when i said it is possible to to play dvds on the stock ( through the use of the DVD switcher system). Next time i'll dumb my postings down a little so that you can understand me better.
If you also read my posting correctly. I mentioned about Jerky's posting and by that i acknowledge that what Jerky said was true.

And then i talked about the sales person being dum, and the Handbrake thing was laughable and hilarious

Originally Posted by żGotJazz?
That said, please do yourself (and all of us on the same road) a favor and get some sort of safety switch installed with this so that you can't use the DVD display on your stock Navi when the car is in motion. The distraction factor is too high ... don't wish that you installed a safety switch after it's too late.
Yeah yeah yeah, dont patronize us. People here have enough common sense to be safe. If they choose to view the DVDs while in motion, they'll do it anyway, so you can save your little speech.