Stolen Air Bag.....Recommend a Good Alarm System?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 10:58 PM
UT Longhorn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stolen Air Bag.....Recommend a Good Alarm System?

hey guys...this is my first post on this forum.
i purchased my TL on may 17th. It's an automatic '06 black no navi.

i parked my car next to my friend's car in the driveway in the back of the house on thursday night. some car thieves came and took everything out of my friend's maxima (driver, passenger, and side air bags and the cd player) and they only took the driver air bag out of my car. the thing is...both cars were locked but still all this stuff was stolen. the thief somehow disabled any security feature by disconnecting the battery (i don't know how he got the hood open). nothing was damaged, only the items mentioned were removed. no scratches, dents, tears, or fingerprints. these guys must have been real pro's. i felt so helpless and this is why am asking you guys on acurazine what's a good alarm system that has a decent price?

what's a good alarm system that has a decent price?

thanks for your help in advance guys.
Old 06-09-2006, 11:35 PM
B A N N E D

Sorry to hear that...itz really fucked up....da best alarm is a clifford avantgaurd g5 or if your willing to spend $1000 get the avantgaurd 5.5
Old 06-10-2006, 06:23 AM
Intermediate

This crap happened to me too buddy, sorry that they got you too. These airbags on Acuras are valuable for some reason - insurance went on and took care of me. Hopefully they just got your steering wheel bag and not the other too - steering wheel bag is about $5-700, but the other one is just at a G($1000).

One option you have is the club. It won't save the passenger side bag, but it'll save something...

Good luck.
Old 06-10-2006, 10:26 AM
UT Longhorn

i'm trying to spend around 300 dollars for a system. can i get something decent with that?
Old 06-10-2006, 11:46 AM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
FYI,

The Club is useless, it will slow the thieves by about 30 seconds maximum.

The only thing they have to do is cut the steering wheel beside the club and slide it off. Cutting the steering wheel is very easy to do as the metal inside is very soft and not too big.

As for protecting the car, an Alarm is a good start, an alarm with battery backup is even better.

It is very easy on most car to get at one of the main battery wires from under the car and cut it off. One wire to cut and no more alarm.

Best regards from Montreal (The capital of car theft in North America!)

fenchnew

Originally Posted by Tees01AckTL
This crap happened to me too buddy, sorry that they got you too. These airbags on Acuras are valuable for some reason - insurance went on and took care of me. Hopefully they just got your steering wheel bag and not the other too - steering wheel bag is about $5-700, but the other one is just at a G($1000).

One option you have is the club. It won't save the passenger side bag, but it'll save something...

Good luck.
Old 06-10-2006, 03:16 PM
Racer

The thieves may have used the Wedge and put another tool that is like a long bendable poll that has adjustable end through the small space created by the wedge.

Then they hit your door's unlock button from the inside of your car and open your door.

There must be a black market for the TL airbags.
Old 06-11-2006, 09:25 AM
Wants an M3 in

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^ That would have activated the stock alarm. Also, I see alot of TL airbags on ebay, but wtf do people want with them?
Old 06-11-2006, 11:06 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Of all the things to steal. Hopefully one day their luck will run out and the airbag will detonate.

Mike