Sprint A920, Software upgrade, and the TL

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 10:58 AM
Team Anth. Audio Engineer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Sprint A920, Software upgrade, and the TL

I recently received a software upgrade on my Sprint A920 phone. Since that time, the bluetooth connection with the TL acts differently. My main complaint is that the other person's voice "stutters". My wife says my voice has started "stuttering" as well. WTF? I never had this problem until I got the ZB07 software pushed to me. Anyone else had this happen? Can I "roll back" the software?
Old 05-17-2006, 08:47 PM
10th Gear

I have an 06 Tl and looking at the Samsung A920. Did it pair properly and work without the latest upgrade? Or is there any other compatiable Samsung Phone that work with Sprint please.
Please let me know.
Old 05-18-2006, 09:49 AM
Advanced

Yes if you use the search function you will see there are new Sprint phones that work with the bluetooth in the TL.
Old 05-18-2006, 10:25 AM
Clutch DZ

Same problem with my A920 after upgrade

I am going to Sprint today to see if they can restore the original software on my Samsung A920. I'm glad I came across your post about the A920, forgot one day going home on the train I did an upgrade. Sure enough I had the same exact choppy conversation you described as soon as get the info I'll post it here.
Old 05-18-2006, 01:58 PM

Clutch - keep us informed.

dbjay - yes the A920 worked perfectly prior to the upgrade.
Old 05-19-2006, 06:01 AM
Clutch DZ

A920 HFL Stuttering Call update

Aiight!!! First let it be known that I use Sprint as my carrier service. I spoke to a Tech this morning and he stated that the last software upgrade(ZB12) may not have completed and certain fixes may not have been applied. This could have been one of those reps. that just say crap to get off the phone to do nothing. Currently my version actually says ZB07 which he stated he has never heard of and recommended going to the Sprint store directly and have them flash my phone with the latest software(ZB12) version. So I'm doing that today while I get my TL'04 tinted up. Hope this is the answer for this little headache. Also to see your software version go to Settings\(9)Phone Info\(3)Version. The second line has the software version of your phone. Post it in here so we all can cross reference and narrow this down.

Can anyone tell me how I can put my car Photo to the right next to my name? Just being lazy, which is what these forums are for pretty much for. HOLLA BACK!!!!
Old 05-19-2006, 10:55 AM

Arrow ZB12 is for the A900 not the A920!

That sounds so typical - wait for ZB12 for your A920. You'll be waiting a while! The ZB12 came out for the A900 near the same time that ZB07 came out for the A920. That rep just wanted to get off the phone.
Old 05-21-2006, 06:42 AM
Clutch DZ

A920 Update

BS you we were right!! Dude was just trying to get off the phone. So I called Sprint during the day to get a real tech. He gave me to options: 1. unpair the phone with my car and try to re-pair it. 2. Which I suggested, go to your local Sprint store and have them flash the phone software back to it's original software at purchase time which is YK07(released November 2005).

So I unpaired it first and then it wouldn't re-pair when trying to set it back up. So I went to the Sprint store and had the tech dumb down the software to the original software YK07, now I was able to pair but making calls is a problem now it stays in the hand set sometimes and then other times it does work. So I feel I'm on the right track. I ask the tech are there other updates besides the original and he stated that there are two more, YK12(release date December 2005). I'm going today to have it upgraded to this version to see if there is an improvement.

The heart breaker to all this is I called my ACURA dealer and if you go to thier website it has a location called mini-site that shows you the phones that are compatible and not compatible. The A920 is deemed non-compatible. I think this is a determination based on this garbage update from Sprint. Nevertheless I am going to keep trying all options. YK12 here I come.
Old 05-21-2006, 09:16 AM
Clutch DZ

A920 Update

Oh yeah by the way the conversation through the HFLwas clear as hell. So it was definitely the last update Sprint had that changed the sound of the HFL.
Old 05-22-2006, 04:36 AM
Clutch DZ

Talking Problem solved and only time will tell

Well this is probably the last update and I hope this spot has helped a few cats with thier own HFL problems.

So like I said the original software(YK07) for the A920 may be to old and had a lot of spotty issues(phone resets in the middle of convos, in and out link with HFL, etc.). So I went back to the Sprint store and asked the tech to flash my phone software up to the YK12 version( anyone looking to fix this problem will flash down to YK12) so he did. I went to the car and never had to pair it again. All functionalities of HFL are there. Answering, Hanging up. Phonebook, Send, and clear, clear, did I say Clear!!!!. I mean it's heaven yo!!!!!

Just to make sure I cover all my bases completely I am going to contact Acura and see if anyone there will confirm my findings. I mean it's my option to enhance my features on my phone with Sprint. If that means that I have to choose one extra pixel of clarity for my camera and one extra sec of streaming ABC News Now over the use of HFL then I'll just have to ride with My Digital Camera in the car and listen to 770 ABC news AM radio because it is to valuable of a feature provided by Acura. No chance of tickets for using my cell while driving, no looking crazy with ear plugs sitting in a ACURA TL 2004 while driving and both hands on the wheel while talking . You tell me which would you decide?

Anyway once again I hope this gets you guys going in the right direction and Good Luck!!!!

P.S. Acura exaggerates that the A920 is on the non compatible list and therefore can do damage the HFL(it's bluetooth I don't know how) or the speakers( choppy sound, that I do understand) and will not be covered under warranty, WHATEVER I didn't get the non-compatible memo so fix my SH*T BIATCH!!!!!! Peace!!!
Old 05-22-2006, 09:06 AM

Thumbs up You are the man.

Great work clutch! Sounds like YK12 is the answer. Thanks again.
Old 05-24-2006, 01:21 PM

Thumbs up Good Ending...

To complete this thread:

I just got my A920 "downgraded" to the YK12 firmware and all is well. No problems whatsoever. If anyone has an A920, make sure that you get this firmware version. My local Sprint store did it for no charge. And make sure you never upgrade the firmware when it asks.

Thanks again to Clutch for being the guinea pig.
Old 04-25-2007, 03:50 PM
Team ABP member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
not to bring up an old thread....but I've been trying to find a sprint location to downgrade my a920. and havent had any luck.....has anyone else done this?