Sorry - have to ask - T715/T68i

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2004, 08:35 AM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi - Just wondering if anyone has the new T Mobile T715 or the old T68i and how they pair up. The T715 is supposed to be a pretty good phone I hear but just came out. I'm looking to switch to TMobile and get out of Sprint because they don't have bluetooth and my contract is up. The TMobile rep at my military base only has those 2 phones or I would probably have gone T616. Hubby has TMobile so want to go with them. Also, how is their service? Thanks!
Old 06-17-2004, 03:44 PM
Advanced

Sorry for posting here - I know there is a seperate bluetooth discussion group but have had no luck getting an answer. Does anyone have the new T715 or the T68i cell from T-Mobile? If so, how do they pair? Thanks - I'm at the end of my Sprint contract and get my TL in a week and want to get a phone that works. I did not see the 715 discussed on the other discussion group. Going to go TMobile only because hubby has it and won't change..... Thanks so much!
Old 06-17-2004, 03:53 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
I'm sure you know this, right... http://www.acura.com/models/model_co...asp?module=tl#

T68i is definitely on the list with the pairing instruction. Hope others will reply you soon.

I will move this thread over at midnight.
Old 06-17-2004, 04:06 PM
Advanced

Yes I know but the T715 is new and not listed. In fact, I called Acura and they had no idea. So, just wondering if anyone has one yet. Thanks
Old 06-17-2004, 05:51 PM
Black

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
What is the T715 ? Motorola? SonyEricsson?

The new SonyEricsson phones are the T630 (T-Mobile) / T637 (AT&T / Cingular GSM). The z600 is finally coming, which is a flip model of the T610/616. All work with the TL.
Old 06-17-2004, 07:12 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
T68i DON'T DO IT !!

I had the Sony Ericsson T68i through AT&T. It is by far the worst phone I have ever owned. You'll see what I'm talking about if you buy one. Not only was the reception horrible, but the key lock could be easily bypassed and would constantly dial the last number dialed or scroll through the phone book. I'm not sure if Sony addressed this issue yet, so you should definetly try the phone before buying it. To check to see what I'm talking about dial a number and hang up ( pretend that you just talked to someone and ended the call). Now turn the key lock on and set it to automatic lock. when the phone locks, hold down the power off button (as if something in your pocket pressed against it). The phone should now be off. Turn the phone back on and keep pressing the send/ call button while it boots up. As soon as the phone's main screen comes up it will dial the last number called. I thought that this was just a coincidence the first time I noticed a voice coming from my pocket, but after I started getting disgruntled voicemails asking why I called them but didn't say anything and to please take their number off of my speed dial, I then came to the conclusion that my phone sucked.

Try it, you'll see.....

Chad