Sony T637 : joystick/button malfuctioned twice

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2004, 08:26 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sony T637 : joystick/button malfuctioned twice

Is is just me, or does this SE 637 phone seem sort of fragile? I've had two of these phones break in just under three weeks, and in both cases the joystick/navigate button jammed a little and would not work properly.

Also, the screen seems to get scratched waaaaaaay to easily. I'm thinking of just returning it and waiting a few weeks for the Nokia 6230 to come out. Nokias are bullet proof.

I'd like to hear what others are experiencing with their SE 637s.
Old 08-28-2004, 08:58 PM
Intermediate

My SE T637 has performed very well although the screen is a mess... scratches everywhere! I called SE and they told me the screen cannot be replaced and the entire case would have to be purchased for approx. $150. Nice try.
A few new SE flip designs out soon at which point I'll trade this in. Anyhting to avoid going back to Motorola.
Old 08-29-2004, 02:52 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 96 Likes on 75 Posts
Haven't had any problems with mine (yet). I did buy a $10 case that protects the phone and screen. While the buttons could be bigger, I love the way the phone interacts with my car, showing battery as well as signal strength. I guess everybody's experiences are different.
Old 08-29-2004, 07:47 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Oswald Vater
Haven't had any problems with mine (yet). I did buy a $10 case that protects the phone and screen. While the buttons could be bigger, I love the way the phone interacts with my car, showing battery as well as signal strength. I guess everybody's experiences are different.
I agree about the interaction with the TL being great...all except the sometimes iffy audio quality during the calls...but I want the best blue tooth phone that reasonable money can buy. I'll give battery strength and signal strength in exchange for a phone that is sturdy and durable.