Some questions for those of you with an iSimple..

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 04:51 PM
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Some questions for those of you with an iSimple..

Hey guys,

I am planning on getting an iSimple, but wanted to see how it worked. So, I have a few questions for those who have it already..

1. What does the iSimple display for the following scenarios on the radio when you are not playing music?
a. When you get a phone call?
b. When you are not playing music?
c. When you play a video?
d. When you watch something on youtube?

2. Can you use your radio controls to scroll through videos?

3. What does it do when you are just scrolling around the phone, like using an app?

4. Does it play the sound through the car speakers when you play a video?

Thanks!
Old 11-16-2009, 05:35 PM
SpeedDemon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You have to swich it from ipod mode to aux mode, otherwise you can not control iphone/ipod from it, once u r in aux mode you losesteerng wheel controls
Old 11-17-2009, 12:18 AM
Mistuh DRiiVA

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Andruha88
You have to swich it from ipod mode to aux mode, otherwise you can not control iphone/ipod from it, once u r in aux mode you losesteerng wheel controls
not true, if your using ur ipod or iphone in aux mode you stilll have steering wheel controls and you can also control it from your ipod/phone, if your using another device through your isimple using AUX 2 then you have no steering wheel controls.
Old 11-17-2009, 12:24 AM
Mistuh DRiiVA

1. What does the iSimple display for the following scenarios on the radio when you are not playing music?
a. When you get a phone call?
Music stops and HFL comes on. iSimple works through XM port, think of however your XM port works except it says IPOD instead when in IPOD mode.
b. When you are not playing music?
Works as normal
c. When you play a video?
Sound comes through radio using XM port, video shows on ipod/iphone or through DOMs unit and on your navi screen.
d. When you watch something on youtube?
To watch youtube through the car sound system, your isimple would have to be in AUX1 or AUX2 depending on which port you have the ipod cable plugged into on the iSImple. your radio will display AUX1 or AUX2 when in XM mode.

2. Can you use your radio controls to scroll through videos?
no
3. What does it do when you are just scrolling around the phone, like using an app?
sound comes through the car whether in AUX mode or IPOD mode on iSimple while using any app. I usually have my text messages open so i hear the sound while the music is playing.

4. Does it play the sound through the car speakers when you play a video?
Yes.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:57 PM
9th Gear

I have an 06 MDX non-nav and non-RES, and am debating the Isimple PSAMG for $169, or just going the cheap way out with the Isimple Auxillary unit and plug it and control everything from the ipod itself like I used to in my Altima I just traded in. i can just charge the iPhone on the regular car charger.

The biggest thing I have is, will the music display on the big "Nav" screen where all I see is MPG and compass now since I have non-nav? My music is so disorganized, and from a lot of the posts it looks like I am screwed by using the stock radio controls to control my songs. Any thoughts? Maddsiick, your comments are awesome, you have a post in a lot of the threads. Also, I will not be installing it myself for either of these. Thanks for all your help
Old 12-01-2009, 11:36 PM
Bone stock tl-s

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by MDXdunker821
I have an 06 MDX non-nav and non-RES, and am debating the Isimple PSAMG for $169, or just going the cheap way out with the Isimple Auxillary unit and plug it and control everything from the ipod itself like I used to in my Altima I just traded in. i can just charge the iPhone on the regular car charger.

The biggest thing I have is, will the music display on the big "Nav" screen where all I see is MPG and compass now since I have non-nav? My music is so disorganized, and from a lot of the posts it looks like I am screwed by using the stock radio controls to control my songs. Any thoughts? Maddsiick, your comments are awesome, you have a post in a lot of the threads. Also, I will not be installing it myself for either of these. Thanks for all your help
to simplify things you can put your favorites in playlists. the isimple can scroll for music through, artists, genre, songs, composer, and playlists. you can scoll through each song in each playlist. make a couple of playlists and you're set
Old 12-02-2009, 08:10 AM
Instructor

I have an 04 tl and am looking at this. However, I don't have nav but I am going to do the nav conversion in march. Will this still work with a nav unit and if so do I need any extra parts??
Old 12-02-2009, 03:07 PM
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by MDXdunker821

Well, my music is like yours. really disorganized.. I just have 2 playlists.. 1 with all my songs.. and one that my gf made.. I now use Genius to make my playlists when Im in the car.. Genius is like Pandora.. you pick one song, and then genius will make a playlist based off of that song... I like this becuase it is soo random and I have no idea what is in the playlist.. and it still allows you to use the steering wheel controls..
Old 12-02-2009, 04:35 PM
Mistuh DRiiVA

Originally Posted by fireman252525
I have an 04 tl and am looking at this. However, I don't have nav but I am going to do the nav conversion in march. Will this still work with a nav unit and if so do I need any extra parts??
it wil still work. i had a non navi tl and did the conversion to navi, didnt even have to touch the isimple unit. nothing extra needed.
Old 12-02-2009, 05:58 PM
Instructor

Thanks!!!
Old 12-06-2009, 06:34 PM
9th Gear

Thanks guys. I've done some research and asked some questions...I think I'm gonna go with a new double din headunit altogether. pioneer or kenwood I think, without nav.