Should I replace the factory inside speakers?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2017, 01:12 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Should I replace the factory inside speakers?

I recently installed a 12" kicker L7 Solo Baric to my car and wow. It's amazing. It's loud and hits hard and deep. However I notice that the interior speakers even though they are really good already don't get that loud. Should I replace all of them with aftermarket ones running on the oem amp? I do blast my music really loud and abuse the crap out of them. So far none of them are blown and still sound good. Would aftermarket ones sound good on the stock amp? Or should I just leave it be?
Old 03-12-2017, 03:38 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts
Stock amp runs best with low impedence speakers such as the stock ones. Aftermarket speakers will be
quieter. Best to replace and amplify with decent power.
Old 04-03-2017, 06:08 AM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you replace the stock speakers its best to use an aftermarket amp to power them as you will get the most out of the new speakers with a more powerful amp.
Old 04-03-2017, 03:51 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 194 Likes on 158 Posts
I have been contemplating adding an aftermarket sub and amp to my TL...........have begun to get tired of the OEM subs rattle and lack of "umph".
I started looking online (craigslist, direct retailers etc) and realized that it will most likely cost more than I am willing to spend.........not to mention the PITA it will be to wire everything cleanly.

So now ive started looking into replacing the interior speakers of the car, hoping that will be adequate for me. Im not looking for crazy window shattering bass, but do enjoy some. Im hoping by swapping out the OEM speakers for better aftermarket ones will achieve this (I know I will have to replace the stock sub for more bass).......and the below pictured items should also be able to run on the stock amplifier if im not mistaken?

also, im still looking for door speakers to complete the full audio replacement.....

Last edited by MyGuti; 04-03-2017 at 03:54 PM.
Old 12-06-2017, 10:59 PM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Did you ever upgrade your system? If so, what did you get for front door speakers, and how did you get them to fit in the doors? I'm looking to replace my door speakers since one has a tear in it, but I don't want a big installation hassle.

Thanks
Old 12-09-2017, 03:14 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 194 Likes on 158 Posts
I did not end up upgrading my speakers......started contemplating the Phantom Audio Amp upgrade....which seems like will accomplish what I'm looking for in terms of an audio upgrade.

Only thing is, the Canadian dollar is week, and I'm look at 500 dollars for one amp.....so the waiting game continues