Searched And Searched, But Nowhere To Be Found!!! LED Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 01:17 PM
B A N N E D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Searched And Searched, But Nowhere To Be Found!!! LED Question

after all my seraching on AZ for 2nd gen/3rd gen(under doorsills, led;s), and even google and yahoo... i can't seem to find how to hook up some SIMPLE LED's i bought online....

i mean i looked under by the footwell and tore everything apart and had no idea to put the "positve" end and "negative" and of my LED...

because the led is just simply a 2 feet wire connected to a tiny LED... one wire a positve and the other a negative...

Please help, i don't mean to annoy anyone but i don't think there's a thread saying where i could hook up the wires in a "04-07 acura tl"

here it is !!!

thanks everyone !
Old 03-14-2007, 01:19 PM
B A N N E D

im not even sure what is the positive and negative end... man i feel stupid !!! these cheap things came with no instructions ~!
Old 03-14-2007, 02:23 PM
Team Anthracite Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Red is positive and Black is negative, but does this LED run on 12V? Do you want it on at all times or only when your lights are on or only when your doors are open?
Old 03-14-2007, 02:46 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,011 Likes on 1,430 Posts
most likely he wants it with lights on. If anyone can, can you post which wires to tap if you want the LED to work when you have the headlights on. Thanks
Old 03-14-2007, 03:52 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
The red wire can go to any wire that "illuminates" one of the existing dash buttons.

That led's is gonna blow though, it has no resistor. Did you pay for that $.50 setup?
Old 03-14-2007, 06:20 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by zax123
Red is positive and Black is negative, but does this LED run on 12V? Do you want it on at all times or only when your lights are on or only when your doors are open?

on the back it say..."hyperLED" works with any 6-16 volt DC source

but i guess i want them on all the time i guess or with the headlights would be even nicer
Old 03-14-2007, 06:22 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by Kennedy
The red wire can go to any wire that "illuminates" one of the existing dash buttons.

That led's is gonna blow though, it has no resistor. Did you pay for that $.50 setup?

really ? how do i know which one it is ? i looked under the dash and i see hundreds of colors and wires !!

thanks for all of your guyes input !!

and yess i had to pay for this i believe it was like 2.99 but it last for over 100,000hours they said, and if it ever died they'll replace it...
Old 03-14-2007, 06:25 PM
B A N N E D

here is the link to their sale

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...1911530&rd=1,1

Description (revised)
Your Pit Stop

Your Pit Stop
Visit my eBay Store:Your Pit Stop
XENON BULBS | SEARCH by VEHICLE | ALARM & SECURITY | MOTORCYCLE RELATED | OTHER PARTS and ACCESSORIES

Search my eBay Store:

Add to Favorite Stores | Sign up for Store newsletter
WE ARE #1 HyperLED SELLER ON EBAY ! YOU WON'T FIND THIS EXCLUSIVE PRODUCT ANYWHERE ELSE! BEWARE OF CHEAP IMITATIONS

WORLD`s BEST LIGHTING TECHNOLOGY

MAGICAL GLOWING EFFECT!

THIS VERY PARTICULAR AND EXCLUSIVE MODEL OF GALIUM NITRIDE HYPER L.E.D. ACHIEVE THE VERY BEST LUMINOSITY OUTPUT SPECIFICATIONS and WIDEST LUMINOSITY ANGLE ON THE PLANET. NOTHING LESS. WITH THE MOST COMPLETE AND VERSATILE MOUNTING HARDWARE EVER OFFERED + OPTIONAL PREMIUM or BASIC INSTALLATION KITS, FOR INDOOR OR OUTDOOR USE. THIS MAKE THE ABSOLUTE BEST CHOICE FOR ALL KIND OF VEHICLE LIGHTING, AND WE GUARANTEE IT.

YOU WON'T FIND THE SAME MODEL ANYWHERE ELSE!

DON'T LET OTHER SELLERS FOOLING YOU, THIS IS THE REAL GALIUM NITRIDE HYPERLEDs! NOT CHEAP IMITATION!

Light Emitting Diode using Galium Nitride Technology (HyperLED) lights are an ideal mixture of performance and practicality. Some of the many advantages of HyperLED lights:

Extended Service Life - HyperLED light lifetime at 100,000 hours makes HyperLED lights extremely reliable and practical. Annoying bulb replacement is virtually eliminated with the use of HyperLED products.

Drastically Reduced Power Consumption - While putting out the same (or more!) amount of useable light, HyperLED lights consume 10 times LESS power than their halogen counterparts, freeing up valuable resources on your vehicle which is VERY important for motorcycles, ATV and boats.

HyperLED Lights produce virtually NO heat - An HyperLED light uses so little power that in most cases the bulb will not even feel warm to the touch, even after hours of use. Also the very small size of HyperLED allow easy and discrete installation while putting amazing amount of light. This makes hyperLED lights ideal for small spaces where heat may be a concern.

HyperLED Lights are unaffected by vibration - Unlike a halogen bulb, HyperLED lights have no filaments, or tiny parts inside the bulb which can come loose during vibration. This makes them not only more durable, but much more dependable and really awesome for motorcycle, ATV and boats applications!

Available in Allow you to make great effects with different colors!

A very useful installation kit is included with every single HyperLED we are selling which allow multiple installation possibilities and of course, better lighting effect! Also a Basic and Premium complete fuse setting and "on/off" switch is available (optional) in our other listings here. You may not need optional installation kit, but in the case you do, we are offering it!
Old 03-14-2007, 06:25 PM
B A N N E D

the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...1911530&rd=1,1

Light Emitting Diode using Galium Nitride Technology (HyperLED) lights are an ideal mixture of performance and practicality. Some of the many advantages of HyperLED lights:

Extended Service Life - HyperLED light lifetime at 100,000 hours makes HyperLED lights extremely reliable and practical. Annoying bulb replacement is virtually eliminated with the use of HyperLED products.

Drastically Reduced Power Consumption - While putting out the same (or more!) amount of useable light, HyperLED lights consume 10 times LESS power than their halogen counterparts, freeing up valuable resources on your vehicle which is VERY important for motorcycles, ATV and boats.

HyperLED Lights produce virtually NO heat - An HyperLED light uses so little power that in most cases the bulb will not even feel warm to the touch, even after hours of use. Also the very small size of HyperLED allow easy and discrete installation while putting amazing amount of light. This makes hyperLED lights ideal for small spaces where heat may be a concern.

HyperLED Lights are unaffected by vibration - Unlike a halogen bulb, HyperLED lights have no filaments, or tiny parts inside the bulb which can come loose during vibration. This makes them not only more durable, but much more dependable and really awesome for motorcycle, ATV and boats applications!

Available in Allow you to make great effects with different colors!

A very useful installation kit is included with every single HyperLED we are selling which allow multiple installation possibilities and of course, better lighting effect! Also a Basic and Premium complete fuse setting and "on/off" switch is available (optional) in our other listings here. You may not need optional installation kit, but in the case you do, we are offering it!

< font>
Old 03-15-2007, 10:19 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts
maybe this will help...
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...ight=leds+fuse
Old 03-15-2007, 08:21 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by paz840

im going to have to try this out!!! thanks for all your help !!!!!!!!!