Samsung Eternity AT&T

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 08:39 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Samsung Eternity AT&T

I have the 05 TL with NAV and I have the Samsung Eternity. I love the phone, but it has an odd hiccup when answering new calls. When a call first comes in, I hit the answer button and the call always drops. When the person calls back, it answers perfectly. This happens every time. I have had Sony Ericcson phones in the past and they have worked awesome without a hiccup. Anyone have ideas for this? I have the phone setting to answer with "Any button" pressed. That's the only thing I could think of.

Anyone else have this phone and seeing this?
Old 07-23-2009, 05:57 PM
Intermediate

Smile update, update

Update on my same situation,

This Samsung Phone also has an Auto Answer feature. Mine has an option to turn that "off" and I had it set to off (i.e. requiring an answer of "Green button" or "any button"). I just knew that switching to "any button" would solve my issue. NOPE.

Here's what did SOLVE IT though... I had it changed to this "Auto Answer" setting (and it allows you to set the delay, so I chose the max delay of "5 seconds"). Now it works perfectly and I just do not hit the steering wheel button to answer calls. So no more hang ups on inbound calls for me.

I was thinking that this would suck because there are certain calls I don't want to answer, but you can still just reject it by hitting the "hang up" button on the steering wheel. That works fine.

My other concern was, "What if I'm in a restaurant or bar and it auto-answers and I don't realize it???!!". Well the auto-answer ONLY works with the paired BT device (in this case, the HFL). So when I am away from the car, it's business as usual.

FYI in case you're also experiencing this.

Originally Posted by Folsom555
I have the 05 TL with NAV and I have the Samsung Eternity. I love the phone, but it has an odd hiccup when answering new calls. When a call first comes in, I hit the answer button and the call always drops. When the person calls back, it answers perfectly. This happens every time. I have had Sony Ericcson phones in the past and they have worked awesome without a hiccup. Anyone have ideas for this? I have the phone setting to answer with "Any button" pressed. That's the only thing I could think of.

Anyone else have this phone and seeing this?
Old 07-30-2009, 11:16 PM
Intermediate

Spoke too soon

Spoke too soon. Still buggy. Still drops inbound calls. Not sure what's going on. Buggy Samsung Software, I guess.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:22 PM
Intermediate

Anyone else seeing this? This is driving me crazy. Should have gotten a different phone, I guess. Still 1 year left before I can get a new one from AT&T.