right headlight and turn signal are dim and don't work properly

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2017, 02:21 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
right headlight and turn signal are dim and don't work properly

I got the car and went to make a right turn, clicked my turn signal and it hyper flashed. I went to go buy a new bulb, put it in and still hyper flash like it's burnt out. I replaced both headlights at the same time and put in new HIDs and now the right side is a pale blue color instead of the clean, crisp white that it originally was (still nice and white on the left side) does anyone know what I could possibly check or have anyone of you had these issues in your own vehicles?
Old 11-29-2017, 02:35 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,753 Likes on 6,750 Posts
what kind of bulbs did you put in? wehre did you buy them? did you replace the ballasts as well?

replace bulbs on both sides at once is the rule of thumb for color matching purposes.

Is your rear bulb broken? that will cause it to hyperflash as well
Old 11-29-2017, 04:51 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by thoiboi
what kind of bulbs did you put in? wehre did you buy them? did you replace the ballasts as well?

replace bulbs on both sides at once is the rule of thumb for color matching purposes.

Is your rear bulb broken? that will cause it to hyperflash as well
yes, replaced both headlights at the same time. The HID's are Morimoto and they're high quality. I have replaced the turn signal twice now and right after I've replaced them I've tried them out and they hyper flash. But it's only on the right side. so the headlight is dim on the right side, the turn signal hyper flashes only on the right side and my license plate light (again, on the right side ONLY) doesn't turn on at all...so there's a strange correlation.
Old 11-29-2017, 04:59 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,753 Likes on 6,750 Posts
Are they LED turn signal bulbs by chance? How about the license plate bulb? Sounds like there's an issue with the ground in that circuit