Remote start..

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 02:19 PM
it's me, Alan Rickman.

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Remote start..

Alright, so we all know remote start is possible, but I want remote start without any extra key fobs.

Sooo my question is: The TL factory security system is able to perform various tasks; such as the windows down, trunk pop, etc.. I would think that means the alarm has different output wires (unless its all software/electronic - in which case I don't think what I want is possible) - so in theory could one take a remote start system and pull a wire out of the TLs alarm to use for activation?

I'm just throwing this out there, but let's say you don't really care about the remote window roll down.. Let's assume the TLs alarm works like convential alarms, you perform the command and the alarm sends a pulse through a wire to a relay for the windows, causing them to roll down.

Would it be possible to take that wire and run it to a remote start setup so when the pulse is detected the vehicle fires up?

Again, don't know if that's possible - I haven't bought a TL yet because i'm still doing some research and saving for a downpayment. I do know that I do NOT want a second key fob.. I only have one for my accord right now, and somehow everytime I bend down in the garage I manage to hit the tiny panic button and blow my ear drums out. With two remotes i'd probably blow my ear drums out and then start the car

Any feedback is greatly appreciated! I hope to have my TL in the next month or two!
Old 06-07-2007, 03:30 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Timmahh
somehow everytime I bend down in the garage I manage to hit the tiny panic button and blow my ear drums out. With two remotes i'd probably blow my ear drums out and then start the car

Hahahahaha that is so funny. Thanks, you made my day!

Gammah
Old 06-07-2007, 04:16 PM
now with four rings

i don't know if it what you're talking about will work or not, but regarding the panic button problem -- the same thing happened to me all the time with my '01 impala keyfob...seemed like the only button my body would press would be the panic button...since having our TL (for over a year now), i haven't hit the panic button once by mistake...it seems to be set in the keyfob better so you can't press it by accident, even when in you're pocket...

for what it's worth, i've read somewhere on this site that you can have remote start, keep your stock goodies (window roll down, etc.), and still only have one keyfob...but you have to find a shop that can take the chip inside your original keyfob and put it in your new one that includes the remote start...and apparently not many can do it...
Old 06-07-2007, 04:33 PM
1st Gear

I personally installed my remote starter about 2 weeks ago without any difficulties. It is not simple without a background in car installations and major info on the TL's circuits(Service and electrical Manuals). I installed a Viper 791VX (2-way remote starter, security alarm and keyless entry in one package), a 556HW (immobilizer bypass unit), and a CAN-SL2 (interface unit). The 791VX controls the OEM alarm as such the car has Dual Protection. The OEM alarm is fully functional and so far, does not arm/disarm the 791VX. Trunk pops the same and I'm working on window roll-up/down, which is a feature in the 791VX. I have 3 shock sensors installed in each of the door pillars and trunk, which warn against or fully activate the alarm on tampering. Its great so far! I'll keep you guys informed.
Old 06-07-2007, 04:49 PM
Superman

I think any remote starter which is not factory installed exposes the car to theft. Not that thieves would know whether you car has one installed, but theoretically there is such risk. The engine immobilizer switch is built right into the engine block, along with the decoder. So it's virtually impossible to have an engine running without the correct key in the ignition. If someone bypasses this, thieves can have access to the bypass module etc. The rest is covered in numerous action movies.
Note the two words I started this message with.