Razr V3M Pairing Problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 10:46 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Razr V3M Pairing Problem

I finally purchased a bluetooth phone however I am having problems pairing it to my TL.

It is a Motorola Razr V3M ...

I followed the following instructions to a "t" everything is perfect until step 15.
My Razr finds "HandsFreeLink" and then I am able to select it to "BOND WITH HandsFreeLink", It prompts me for the pin number which I then type in. The phone then prompts that the password has been succesfully verified. I then attempt to use the connection and it just fails. At this point if I try to rediscover a connection it fails. BT on the car just appears to lock up and the only way I am able to reconect is to pull fuses #6-#10.

I NEVER get to steps 15 and 16.

Any suggestions ???

Motorola RAZR v3m Verizon Pairing Instructions:
1. Power on the phone and ensure Bluetooth® is ON. Please refer to your phone's user guide for steps to
turn on Bluetooth.
2. Press and release the Talk button on the steering wheel and wait for the "beep" before you speak. Repeat
this step before all spoken commands.
3. Say "phone setup"
4. Say "pair"
5. Say any 4−digit PIN code for pairing. Remember it as you will need to enter it into your phone later.
HandsFreeLink will now instruct you to begin the pairing process in the phone.
6. Press the MENU button on the phone
7. Choose SETTINGS and press SELECT
8. Scroll to CONNECTION and press SELECT
9. hoose BLUETOOTH LINK and press SELECT
10. Scroll to HANDS−FREE and press SELECT
11. Scroll to LOOK FOR DEVICES and press SELECT.
12. HandsFreeLink should appear on the device list. Choose HandsFreeLink and press SELECT.
13. "BOND WITH HandsFreeLink"" will appear. Press YES.
14. Enter the 4 digit PIN from earlier step and press OK
15. When prompted, say the desired phone name
16. You should hear "pairing successful"
Old 07-25-2006, 08:50 PM
2nd Gear

I have the V3M and can confirm that the pairing does actually work.

First, have you ever actually been able to get the device to pair with anything? There have been more than a few issues I've seen related to the M (this is my second one due to a power issue) but others have reportedly had issues.

Second, take the car to the dealer and see if they can pair it for you. The would be able to troubleshoot the problem if it was related to the car.

I'd bet its #1 though.

-B
Old 07-25-2006, 09:45 PM
Pro

I've got the V3M and I use it to pair all the RL's and TL's at my dealership when I'm doing a new car inspection.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:23 PM
Instructor

Here is my advise on this problem - go to your dealership! They can do it for you and it will cause you less headache and take less time

See Miss. Brooke here has a fix for all! Dealership here I come - no wonder they hate me.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:34 PM
Instructor

Good advice on hittin the dealer - sounds like something may be wrong with your BT because as far as I can remember those are the steps I used to pair both mine and the G/F's V3m's to my TL. Best of luck getting it paired!
Old 08-22-2006, 04:18 PM
6th Gear

Did you ever get this working? I'm having the same problem with my new Sony Ericsson V600i. The HFL locks up after I enter the 4-digit code on the phone. I had my K750i pairing just fine.

-Keith

Originally Posted by Michael A
I finally purchased a bluetooth phone however I am having problems pairing it to my TL.

I followed the following instructions to a "t" everything is perfect until step 15.
My Razr finds "HandsFreeLink" and then I am able to select it to "BOND WITH HandsFreeLink", It prompts me for the pin number which I then type in. The phone then prompts that the password has been succesfully verified. I then attempt to use the connection and it just fails. At this point if I try to rediscover a connection it fails. BT on the car just appears to lock up and the only way I am able to reconect is to pull fuses #6-#10.

Any suggestions ???

1. Power on the phone and ensure Bluetooth® is ON. Please refer to your phone's user guide for steps to
turn on Bluetooth.
2. Press and release the Talk button on the steering wheel and wait for the "beep" before you speak. Repeat
3. Say "phone setup"
4. Say "pair"
5. Say any 4−digit PIN code for pairing. Remember it as you will need to enter it into your phone later.
12. HandsFreeLink should appear on the device list. Choose HandsFreeLink and press SELECT.
Old 08-25-2006, 09:06 PM
6th Gear

Motorola Pairing

No suggestions. I have the same phone. It paired on the first try and works like a charm.
Old 08-26-2006, 09:37 AM
AcurAdmirer

Received 352 Likes on 164 Posts
Originally Posted by tgteich
No suggestions. I have the same phone. It paired on the first try and works like a charm.
Ditto for mine. Now, mine's Cingular, and it might have something to do with the phone software.

I've seen lots of problems with Verizon RAZR's on other forums, apparently due to verizon's BT software..
Old 08-26-2006, 09:42 AM
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
The mistake that I find most people make when pairing a phone is you need to use the "look for devices" under the handsfree menu, not the "Find Me" under setup.

Dave
Old 08-26-2006, 10:10 AM
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by dmarcus48
The mistake that I find most people make when pairing a phone is you need to use the "look for devices" under the handsfree menu, not the "Find Me" under setup.

Dave
Agree. I just bought 2 M's three week ago. Once I used "look for devices". I did both phone in a little over a min.

Also I agree with the others to on going to the dealer if you still have a problem. Any saleman can do it in the same amount of time as it took me.
Old 08-26-2006, 10:16 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Mike_TX
Ditto for mine. Now, mine's Cingular, and it might have something to do with the phone software.

I've seen lots of problems with Verizon RAZR's on other forums, apparently due to verizon's BT software..

I have a Verizon Razr and didn't have any problems pairing it. I agree with the others and have the dealer fix it for you. Good luck.
Old 08-26-2006, 01:22 PM
AcurAdmirer

Received 352 Likes on 164 Posts
Originally Posted by Flash80
I have a Verizon Razr and didn't have any problems pairing it. I agree with the others and have the dealer fix it for you. Good luck.
Verizon released a later version of their phone software that supposedly fixed the BT issues. Maybe you have the latest version. But I'm just repeating what I've heard on the forums.
Old 09-25-2006, 06:49 PM
Cruisin'

I am having the same issue with my Motorolla Razr. This is my second razr because my first one kept powering off due to a faulty wiring. The funny thing is, is that the first one linked to my TL without a problem. The second one on the other hand, though it's the exact same model that I got after I returned the first one is having the problem the initial thread is mentioning. I just can't seem to go to the last step to pair the dang thing with the car. I will be going for my 3000 mile check up soon, and I think I will bring it up with them, but I dont' think it's the car. I think it's the stinking phone.
Old 09-26-2006, 09:19 AM
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ilpark
I am having the same issue with my Motorolla Razr. This is my second razr because my first one kept powering off due to a faulty wiring. The funny thing is, is that the first one linked to my TL without a problem. The second one on the other hand, though it's the exact same model that I got after I returned the first one is having the problem the initial thread is mentioning. I just can't seem to go to the last step to pair the dang thing with the car. I will be going for my 3000 mile check up soon, and I think I will bring it up with them, but I dont' think it's the car. I think it's the stinking phone.
I had the same problem with a phone that I reflashed. Try naming the phone a different name on pairing. Also delete the old phone name, shutoff and restart the car and try again. I had the exact problem, it would go through the entire pairing process until the naming and then abort and go back to the main menu screen.

Dave
Old 09-27-2006, 12:44 AM
Cruisin'

Well...after trying to have the phone pair over and over again using different 4 number code for paring... Just by bloody luck it paired...
The only thing is, the phone won't automatically connect to the car once the ignition is on. I have to manually connect the bluetooth...but afterwards, it works fine... Don't know why my razr has this problem.... So to those who has this problem... Take a nice weekend to park your car in a shade and continually pair and pair again until it works.... Then turn on the blue tooth on your phone manually each time you enter the car to activate it and use it.
Old 09-27-2006, 03:16 AM
Burning Brakes

I have the Verizon V3M and have no problems with it.

Make sure you leave your bluetooth set to "on" on your phone. Do this by doing this:

Menu | Settings and Tools | 8. Connections | 2. Bluetooth | Setup | Power: On

The default setting for this is Off (at least mine was).
Old 10-24-2006, 05:37 PM
Trucki!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Just got the v3m sent to me today through an insurance swap, (they no longer give out v3c's only m's) looking on the handsfreelink website it states that the M doesn't allow call waiting. Haven't had a chance to test this out yet, has anyone been able to get call waiting?
Old 10-24-2006, 07:12 PM
Team Anthracite Member

Exclamation

There is a "Clear" command that will clear out all paired phones, phone names, and the phonebook in the car.
So you don't have to pull fuses(at least try the CLEAR command first)

Okay with the car running or at "ACC".
Step 1: Press the HFL button and say "Help". The car will go through a list of Phone Set up Options, then a list of System options, the one you want is "Clear".
Step 2: Press the HFL button and say "System". Once its done saying the options here, press the HFL button and say "Clear". At this point it will give you a warning and ask for confirmation.

I provided step 1 because on my way back to work, I started talking with someone and started to forget what exactly the car said. But from the Main Menu in the HFL link if you say "help" you should come across the "Clear" option.
Old 06-06-2008, 08:12 PM
7th Gear

I would just like to add that every time you do a command you have to hit the button before you speak. Also, I have the 2004 TL and had to have my HFL replaced (car is still under warranty). I have the Verizon LG Envy2 and everything works great now! My Acura dealership was great to work with.
Old 06-06-2008, 08:23 PM
Registered TL User

I've got a Razr V3m and it paired just fine, but my salesman set it up before I left the dealership. However, I can't get it to import the phonebook to the car. Think it's because I have U.S. Cellular or is it the phone?
Old 06-06-2008, 09:41 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 293 Likes on 253 Posts
Originally Posted by Michael A

Any suggestions ???

turn on Bluetooth.
3. Say "phone setup"
4. Say "pair"
I get to step 15 on any phone I try to pair and it just kicks you out and goes back to the menu soon as you press talk to give a name.

The module is a 20 min fix