Radio Presets Reset?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 09:14 PM
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Radio Presets Reset?

So I was digging through the forums and reading on how you can press and hold the lock and unlock button on the fob and the windows will roll down and the sunroof will open.

So I tried this a few times standing next to the car and could not get it to work.

I noticed the red light on the fob would blink once then when I released and pressed it again it would blink 3 times? Later I got in the car to finish cleaning and noticed all my XM channels had been reset and I was not getting a XM signal. Next up all the AM-FM channels had done the same. I was able to do the key method, insert the key into the door turn and roll up and roll down the windows and sun roof.

What gives though why was I not able to get my windows to roll down with the fob?

Is that a specific setting under the keyless entry settings that I need to go in and mess with?

I feel dumb for asking, as I figure it's probably a setting that I just need to go in and place, but I want to be sure before my warranty expires!
Old 07-12-2012, 12:37 AM
Registered but harmless

Received 1,102 Likes on 763 Posts
Originally Posted by 07BLKTL
So I was digging through the forums and reading on how you can press and hold the lock and unlock button on the fob and the windows will roll down and the sunroof will open.
No-- what you did was UNLINK the remote from the car-- that's why all the presets on your audio changed.

Press the lock and unlock buttons for a few seconds to link the remote again. The linked remote will retain your driver's seat position, exterior mirror positions, audio presets and climate control preference. You will also get a "Driver # detected" greeting in the MID when the remote is linked.

To roll down the windows and open the sunroof, press the OPEN button and hold it down.

Owner's (and Navi) manuals are linked in the stickied 3G TL Service Dept/Garage thread.

Welcome to AZ.
Old 07-12-2012, 06:28 PM
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Will Y.
No-- what you did was UNLINK the remote from the car-- that's why all the presets on your audio changed.

Press the lock and unlock buttons for a few seconds to link the remote again. The linked remote will retain your driver's seat position, exterior mirror positions, audio presets and climate control preference. You will also get a "Driver # detected" greeting in the MID when the remote is linked.

To roll down the windows and open the sunroof, press the OPEN button and hold it down.

Owner's (and Navi) manuals are linked in the stickied 3G TL Service Dept/Garage thread.

Welcome to AZ.

Thanks, now I feel like a idiot! I read a post somewhere and it had people mentioning holding both lock and unlock buttons.