QUESTIONS/Chat REGARDING 3G TL AUDIO/DESIGNS/INSTALLS

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 02:43 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts
Originally Posted by Trunk Monkey
Haha. That's past "late"!

Btw...did you ever pick up an RTA?? I'd REALLY like to figure out our cars response, though you're running a 3-way and it'll be slightly different....still helpful.
Yep. Mine had a hole at 800hz and a peak at 1,600hz when I tried it as a 2-way. It's not as bad in a 3-way configuration but it's still there. Going to get pics now.
Old 01-20-2012, 02:54 PM
Coolest A-zine Member

Received 172 Likes on 163 Posts
Originally Posted by I hate cars
Yep. Mine had a hole at 800hz and a peak at 1,600hz when I tried it as a 2-way. It's not as bad in a 3-way configuration but it's still there. Going to get pics now.
Yeah I saw you were having cancellation problems earlier. Glad ya got that all worked out. I posted a question on DIYMA earlier and I'm getting a ton of good stuff to try later today when I get home. Basically, I think my midbass is overtaking the music and its making it sound bloated with a muffled top end at times.

Be nice if I could make some headway with this and accomplish a baffle for IB tomorrow. Be REAL nice
Old 01-21-2012, 01:09 PM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I subscribed to this thread since I'm also in the process of upgrading the audio in my TL. Jerry recommended me (on diyma) the exact same setup he suggested to you. Where I'm from (Killeen, TX) I highly doubt any shop around here knows how to do an IB install. Majority of cars around here are "Donks" and "Boxes" and just have loud subs and horrible trunk rattle and are lifted with ridiculously sized wheels that cost more than the vehicle itself (/rant)
Old 01-21-2012, 01:21 PM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,982 Likes on 14,493 Posts
You should come visit South Florida, resident HOME of the word and meaning of DONKS.

Anyway, love the products and Jerry is the fkn man...
IB seems VERY easy to build guys...if I had the IB Sub or subs already, I'd be all over this...I just still have great functioning 12's so I don't bother.

Get some cardboard and some scissors and start trimming trimming trimming until it sits flush with the rear of brace...then put it on some 3/4" mdf and cut it out with a $25 jigsaw...sand a little (NOT EVEN)...then make a smaller one to for support and for the sub to get screwed to. Bolt the whole thing to the braces...fill in areas with foam and carpet the rear of it. Not hard...
Old 01-21-2012, 01:33 PM
21 Acura RDX Aspec

Received 290 Likes on 267 Posts
Originally Posted by UA6Momo
I subscribed to this thread since I'm also in the process of upgrading the audio in my TL. Jerry recommended me (on diyma) the exact same setup he suggested to you. Where I'm from (Killeen, TX) I highly doubt any shop around here knows how to do an IB install. Majority of cars around here are "Donks" and "Boxes" and just have loud subs and horrible trunk rattle and are lifted with ridiculously sized wheels that cost more than the vehicle itself (/rant)
GAWD! if there is ONE DAM FAD I HATE!!! Is "DONKS!" Ewww!

Same here regarding the stereo installs. Everyone just runs with a box with subs and calls it day. I just posted a WANTED AD on DIYMA for local installer needed for a IB set up. Unfortunately, if I don't get one soon I will opt for a corner single side enclosure (uncald4). If I don't, it will just sit until I get tired of looking at it and post it FOR SALE quickly. Just how I am. When I want it, I get it! When I have it, I wanna use it...PERIOD

Last edited by JayVee; 01-21-2012 at 01:37 PM.
Old 01-21-2012, 01:47 PM

Build it yourself Jay...
It's within your power, trust me. It is.

J.

What did you decide on your CAI finally?!?!
Old 01-21-2012, 01:54 PM
21 Acura RDX Aspec

Originally Posted by rockstar143
Build it yourself Jay...
It's within your power, trust me. It is.

J.

What did you decide on your CAI finally?!?!
I haven't decided...I may just do a drop in and call it a day. When you say "Remove the 1st resonator" u mean the first air box? The one directly next to the battery?

as for the stereo install...I have always been intimidated by audio and electrical stuff. I never have and I probably never will install anything that is not formatted PnP for my knowledge and skill...or lack of.

Last edited by JayVee; 01-21-2012 at 01:59 PM.
Old 01-21-2012, 02:05 PM

It's all pretty basic, man. You got juice, you got ground. Just do it right and learn how to solder and use good connectors.

About the resonator, no, that is part of it, remove that BUT, Take off your front bumper and you'll see what I mean. There's a huge intake resonator under there that the air must pass through. Takes 2 10MM bolts and some jiggling around to remove it.
Old 01-21-2012, 02:16 PM
21 Acura RDX Aspec

It's all pretty basic, man. You got juice, you got ground. Just do it right and learn how to solder and use good connectors.

About the resonator, no, that is part of it, remove that BUT, Take off your front bumper and you'll see what I mean. There's a huge intake resonator under there that the air must pass through. Takes 2 10MM bolts and some jiggling around to remove it.
Ahhhhhhhhh... I know what you are talking about...That is the pc I told you my friend cut in some formet...I gotcha!
Old 01-21-2012, 03:03 PM
21 Acura RDX Aspec

I am taking this self made diagram to the last local shop whom I heard is experienced in IB's...Lets see. (its not the best drawing...Gimme a break! )

Old 01-21-2012, 03:44 PM
Coolest A-zine Member

^ Nice. Honestly, the install is pretty simple. The hardest part would be the amp install and running the power wire from the battery to the trunk and running the stock wirings from the passenger kick to the trunk. Finding a good ground spot is easy and if you have a cable that already has the metal connector on it that's ready to have a bolt through it and be grounded...even easier. The good thing about this site is there are TONS of helpful people on here and there's always someone on that can help. I had never done anything like this to a car before either, but it was a great learning experience. I didn't know much as far as electrical, how to connect shit, etc etc, but it seems simple now. If you purchased an amp kit and just took it somewhere and had them install that and leave the ground and power exposed in the trunk you could easily do everything else. The baffle won't be hard at all.

I'd say pick up and amp kit online, go to home depot/Lowe's and pick up some....crap I forgot what it's called....I think it's called speed wire (http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...y-Scosche.html). This wire will be used to run your wires from the kick panel to the trunk. Then pick up Premium RCA's from Monoprice.
The following users liked this post:
JayVee (01-22-2012)
Old 01-21-2012, 04:53 PM
Intermediate

Are you using loc's?
Old 01-21-2012, 05:09 PM
Team Owner

Pictures are uploading of my IB install. I had to pull the seat back but not out of the car so they're not the best.
Old 01-21-2012, 05:13 PM
21 Acura RDX Aspec

^ WOW! 1st person to ask that! Nice pick up brah! I don't have a idea what name brand or model LINE OUT CONVERTERS to use or buy. ~ Any good options WITHOUT buying a MS-8 (Ouch!)

Last edited by JayVee; 01-21-2012 at 05:18 PM.
Old 01-21-2012, 05:42 PM
Racer

Received 54 Likes on 39 Posts
JayVee - in re: your drawing, why don't you run your stock rear 6.5s off of the ID amp and then ditch your stock amp altogether?
Old 01-21-2012, 05:58 PM
21 Acura RDX Aspec

Originally Posted by VicTL06
JayVee - in re: your drawing, why don't you run your stock rear 6.5s off of the ID amp and then ditch your stock amp altogether?
Because the rear deck speakers really don't play a strong role in good sound, so they can run off the stock power just for a soft part to play for back seat passengers not for the over all experience.

Hmmm... This is the type of info that does get me on the fence from doing a IB vs Enclosed. Any feedback is welcomed regarding the info or the 2 comparisons.

http://www.mobileinformationlabs.com...e-baffel_1.htm

This is also good stuff

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/boxes1.asp

Last edited by Steven Bell; 01-22-2012 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Merged Posts.
Old 01-21-2012, 09:20 PM

oh boy...you're on the fence again!
Old 01-21-2012, 11:01 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by JayVee
Hmmm... This is the type of info that does get me on the fence from doing a IB vs Enclosed. Any feedback is welcomed regarding the info or the 2 comparisons.

http://www.mobileinformationlabs.com...e-baffel_1.htm
Both sites are wrong but the first one is a joke. It's actually been posted several times as a joke because the info is soooo far off. It just goes to show that you can post anything on the internet, make it look decent, and people will believe it.

Let's start with the first one:

Advantages of this design include simplicity, minimal occupation of space.
Disadvantages of this design are larger power requirement, difficulty (sometimes extreme) in completely isolating the two sides of the cone from each other, and slightly less accurate sound reproduction.

This can't be farther from the truth. Simplicity? While IB is not hard to do, it's still far easier to shove a box in the trunk.

Larger power requirement???? It's WELL known that IB is much more power efficient in the lower octaves. Generally power requirements are cut in half or less.

Slightly less accurate sound reproduction??? Wow. IB does not have much of a backwave to deal with and it does not have reflections to deal with. All else being equal, IB is not just more efficient than sealed, it's more accurate as well.

The second part states that output is limited in IB. That's a load of shit as well.

When talking sealed vs IB, the ONLY thing that determines output is subwoofer displacement. If you have the same cone area and the same excursion, output will be identical between the sealed and IB. Cone area times excursion is the only thing that determines output. IB requires half the power generally speaking to achieve the same excursion. Some people are dumb enough like the author of that article to believe that less power equals less output but if less power gets you the same excursion, output will be the same, you end up with a more efficient setup.

Now the second link. Much better but still not completely accurate. This is a well respected site but they're still wrong.

"Infinite baffle set-ups require a woofer with a beefier suspension for high power handling and one with better cone damping. This set-up will be less efficient in reproducing the lowest frequencies as compared to other second order or higher enclosures."

IB does not require a woofer with a "beefier suspension for high power handling". I don't know why this is so hard for seemingly smart people to comprehend....

Sure, you can throw a super stiff suspension on an IB sub and make it handle more power. What you just achieved is inefficiency. The stiff suspension requires more power to achieve the same excursion making the sub less efficient.

Remember that excursion determines output so sure, now your sub can handle more power with a stiff suspension but it now REQUIRES more power to achieve the same excursion and output. Why not have a sub with a soft suspension that will raise efficiency, use it in an IB setup that removes the airspring which also greatly raises efficiency, and turn your gains down to compensate for the added efficiency and enjoy great output.

That's such a backwards way of thinking. You don't make the sub super inefficient in order to handle a lot of power, you turn the power down on an efficient sub and enjoy the same SPL as the inefficient one at double the power. Why not just flip the sub upside down and put a brick on the cone to increase power handling, it's doing the same thing as adding a stiffer suspension.

I can prove that IB subs usually do not have a stiffer suspension. In the TS parameters of various subs, look at the Cms value. This is the stiffness of the suspension. A higher value is a "looser" suspension. A lower value is a stiffer suspension.

My IB15a has a Cms value of .35.

A Tempest X (15") is .28.

Crystal 15" .128

Those are the first ones I could dig up but look for yourself and compare to the IB15. It's going to be hard to find another sub with a softer suspension.

The IB15a is so loose that when I first got mine, I thought something was wrong with them. They move super easy with the slightest push. I was actually worried there was a mechanical defect until I powered them up. They're dedicated IB subs with a very soft suspension. The motor does the work. The motor controls the cone. The suspension just centers the cone.

The only exception is in a good IB sub the suspension will act as a brake when you push them too hard. The IB15 has this as well. The suspension is super soft but when you exceed the safe excursion limits, it will pull tight and stop the sub from killing itself by slamming the voice coil on the back plate. This feature is nice but not absolutely necessary. It did same me once when I sent 1,000w on a 10hz test tone through one by accident.

I ran my JL 12W6 IB and absolutely loved it. It's still just about the best sounding sub setup I've ever heard. It was not made for IB, the JL tech told me not to use it IB and I'm so glad I didn't listen or I would have missed out.

I just modeled a 12W7 in IB and to achieve the same output at 20hz in the factory recommended sealed vs IB, it required 1,200w to hit full excursion in sealed, 650w in IB. At 30hz, IB required 400w less. At 40hz, IB required 200w less and from 50hz and up they were about the same.

Believe me, you have nothing to worry about. IB is more power efficient, will sound better (usually), will take up very little trunk space, and will go lower than anything you've likely heard. It's something many people don't understand so they will talk bad about it. Since the shop's owner has an IB setup, I'm sure you can listen to his to put to rest any doubts.
JayVee (01-22-2012)
Old 01-22-2012, 08:32 AM
21 Acura RDX Aspec

Yes, I am trying to my last option exhausted to get this done because I do have faith on the lil info I have heard regarding the IB set up. I also believe somewhat u said ppl don't know about it because they haven't seen it, worked on it, heard em the right way...etc. Sorta like the saying, "YOU FEAR WHAT YOU DON'T KNOW." I think this is prime example of the O'so ScArY IB set up. As I said, hope this one shop (last shop available locally) is my answer due to experience with IB's I will follow up and inform you guys of my progress Tues. when I vist their shop.

oh boy...you're on the fence again!
No No...I am 100% full throttle until I hit a wall with my options...Then I will do a corner mount ported encloser.

Both sites are wrong but the first one is a joke. It's actually been posted several times as a joke because the info is soooo far off. It just goes to show that you can post anything on the internet, make it look decent, and people will believe it.

Let's start with the first one:

Advantages of this design include simplicity, minimal occupation of space.
Disadvantages of this design are larger power requirement, difficulty (sometimes extreme) in completely isolating the two sides of the cone from each other, and slightly less accurate sound reproduction.

This can't be farther from the truth. Simplicity? While IB is not hard to do, it's still far easier to shove a box in the trunk.

Larger power requirement???? It's WELL known that IB is much more power efficient in the lower octaves. Generally power requirements are cut in half or less.

Slightly less accurate sound reproduction??? Wow. IB does not have much of a backwave to deal with and it does not have reflections to deal with. All else being equal, IB is not just more efficient than sealed, it's more accurate as well.

The second part states that output is limited in IB. That's a load of shit as well.

When talking sealed vs IB, the ONLY thing that determines output is subwoofer displacement. If you have the same cone area and the same excursion, output will be identical between the sealed and IB. Cone area times excursion is the only thing that determines output. IB requires half the power generally speaking to achieve the same excursion. Some people are dumb enough like the author of that article to believe that less power equals less output but if less power gets you the same excursion, output will be the same, you end up with a more efficient setup.

Now the second link. Much better but still not completely accurate. This is a well respected site but they're still wrong.

"Infinite baffle set-ups require a woofer with a beefier suspension for high power handling and one with better cone damping. This set-up will be less efficient in reproducing the lowest frequencies as compared to other second order or higher enclosures."

IB does not require a woofer with a "beefier suspension for high power handling". I don't know why this is so hard for seemingly smart people to comprehend....

Sure, you can throw a super stiff suspension on an IB sub and make it handle more power. What you just achieved is inefficiency. The stiff suspension requires more power to achieve the same excursion making the sub less efficient.

Remember that excursion determines output so sure, now your sub can handle more power with a stiff suspension but it now REQUIRES more power to achieve the same excursion and output. Why not have a sub with a soft suspension that will raise efficiency, use it in an IB setup that removes the airspring which also greatly raises efficiency, and turn your gains down to compensate for the added efficiency and enjoy great output.

That's such a backwards way of thinking. You don't make the sub super inefficient in order to handle a lot of power, you turn the power down on an efficient sub and enjoy the same SPL as the inefficient one at double the power. Why not just flip the sub upside down and put a brick on the cone to increase power handling, it's doing the same thing as adding a stiffer suspension.

I can prove that IB subs usually do not have a stiffer suspension. In the TS parameters of various subs, look at the Cms value. This is the stiffness of the suspension. A higher value is a "looser" suspension. A lower value is a stiffer suspension.

My IB15a has a Cms value of .35.

A Tempest X (15") is .28.

Crystal 15" .128

Those are the first ones I could dig up but look for yourself and compare to the IB15. It's going to be hard to find another sub with a softer suspension.

The IB15a is so loose that when I first got mine, I thought something was wrong with them. They move super easy with the slightest push. I was actually worried there was a mechanical defect until I powered them up. They're dedicated IB subs with a very soft suspension. The motor does the work. The motor controls the cone. The suspension just centers the cone.

The only exception is in a good IB sub the suspension will act as a brake when you push them too hard. The IB15 has this as well. The suspension is super soft but when you exceed the safe excursion limits, it will pull tight and stop the sub from killing itself by slamming the voice coil on the back plate. This feature is nice but not absolutely necessary. It did same me once when I sent 1,000w on a 10hz test tone through one by accident.

I ran my JL 12W6 IB and absolutely loved it. It's still just about the best sounding sub setup I've ever heard. It was not made for IB, the JL tech told me not to use it IB and I'm so glad I didn't listen or I would have missed out.

I just modeled a 12W7 in IB and to achieve the same output at 20hz in the factory recommended sealed vs IB, it required 1,200w to hit full excursion in sealed, 650w in IB. At 30hz, IB required 400w less. At 40hz, IB required 200w less and from 50hz and up they were about the same.

Believe me, you have nothing to worry about. IB is more power efficient, will sound better (usually), will take up very little trunk space, and will go lower than anything you've likely heard. It's something many people don't understand so they will talk bad about it. Since the shop's owner has an IB setup, I'm sure you can listen to his to put to rest any doubts.
Good read BTW...

Can anyone recommend a good efficient LOC for my system listed? I been looking at (listed from cheapest to most expensive...) STINGER, JL and AUDIO CONTROL... any others recommended lmk. I would like to purchase one to add to the quality of the system and providing the RCA opts. Thanks again!

Last edited by Steven Bell; 01-22-2012 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Merged Posts.
Old 01-22-2012, 10:52 AM
Coolest A-zine Member

If you're just doing subs you won't need an LOC. if you're doing subs/speakers..I'd look into the audiocontrol matrix or 3sixty.2 for cheapest options
JayVee (01-22-2012)
Old 01-22-2012, 11:03 AM
21 Acura RDX Aspec

If you're just doing subs you won't need an LOC. if you're doing subs/speakers..I'd look into the audiocontrol matrix or 3sixty.2 for cheapest options
as shown on my "cheap drawn up but u get the idea drawing" yes, I will be runing front stage speakers and sub with the amp and deck speakers of stock HU/amp power. I will look into the models. Thanks TM!

Btw... Audio Control is 6ch ranging $170-200...is that needed? Not so much the price but the CH? And as for the RF 3sixty that is 2ch? Correct? Should I be looking into buying a 2 or 4ch or more...IDK

BTW... I just want to post a side note and THANK all that has been sharing their knowledge and opinions. When all said and done, I will be sure to mention a "SHOUT OUT" on my build thread to each and everyone who has helped and guided me along the way of this lost and confused subject regarding car audio...

as shown on my "cheap drawn up but u get the idea drawing" yes, I will be runing front stage speakers and sub with the amp and deck speakers of stock HU/amp power. I will look into the models. Thanks TM!

Btw... Audio Control is 6ch ranging $170-200...is that needed? Not so much the price but the CH? And as for the RF 3sixty that is 2ch? Correct? Should I be looking into buying a 2 or 4ch or more...IDK
Never mind... Did the HW and realized BOTH models are 6ch. And the RF 3sixty.2 range is $260ish~$300 and as mentioned, the AUDIO CONTROL MATRIX $170~200.00+

Last edited by Steven Bell; 01-22-2012 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Merged Posts.
Old 01-22-2012, 12:23 PM
Intermediate

I was looking into the audio control matrix also since it fits my price range
Old 01-22-2012, 12:38 PM
21 Acura RDX Aspec

Originally Posted by UA6Momo
I was looking into the audio control matrix also since it fits my price range
I feel ya +1 Anyone know why the big price difference between the 2 models? What options seperate then from the other? Probably for my needs, I am sure BOTH are perfect, which means, the AUDIO CONTROL would be best by price from my stand point.

Last edited by JayVee; 01-22-2012 at 12:40 PM.
Old 01-22-2012, 01:29 PM
Coolest A-zine Member

Audiocontrol Matrix:

Can be found at $75-150
Basically a line driver that will also convert our balanced signal to a usable unbalanced signal

...that's it

RF 3sixty.2:

Can be found for $200-250 (picked mine up for $200 shipped..they can be had on DIYMA all the time)
Line Driver
Time Alignment
31 band EQ on all channels and I wanna say 16 or 8 band EQ on sub
Active capability
Full control of x-over's & slopes

So yeah..the 3sixty.2 is definitely a better buy if you can swing the extra $75-100
Old 01-22-2012, 01:41 PM
21 Acura RDX Aspec

Audiocontrol Matrix:

Can be found at $75-150
Basically a line driver that will also convert our balanced signal to a usable unbalanced signal

...that's it

RF 3sixty.2:

Can be found for $200-250 (picked mine up for $200 shipped..they can be had on DIYMA all the time)
Line Driver
Time Alignment
31 band EQ on all channels and I wanna say 16 or 8 band EQ on sub
Active capability
Full control of x-over's & slopes

So yeah..the 3sixty.2 is definitely a better buy if you can swing the extra $75-100
^ I don't mind that for the RF/360. I guess I am going to have to post a WANTED AD of some sort on DIYMA Def sounds like more opts and capabilities for a few bucks more.

Anyone else wants to chime in, you are more the welcomed. After all, that is what this thread has become. Upgrading not only mine but the TL in general with all the gurus insights and opinions regarding sounds in the TL. Thanks!

Last edited by JayVee; 01-22-2012 at 01:44 PM.
Old 01-22-2012, 06:41 PM
Coolest A-zine Member

Yup no problem. Yeah just make a WTB thread for a 3sixty.2 on DIYMA and you'll get plenty of hits. I wouldn't pay more than $225-230 shipped btw
Old 01-22-2012, 07:03 PM
Team Owner

Yup no problem. Yeah just make a WTB thread for a 3sixty.2 on DIYMA and you'll get plenty of hits. I wouldn't pay more than $225-230 shipped btw
MS8...... Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Did you see the IB pics I finally posted? I hope they helped, I know they aren't that detailed but there isn't a whole lot to see.
Old 01-22-2012, 07:15 PM
21 Acura RDX Aspec

MS8...... Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Did you see the IB pics I finally posted? I hope they helped, I know they aren't that detailed but there isn't a whole lot to see.
I know I know...MS-8 is the shyt! But I don't have...or willing to spend MS-8 money. I also believe for what I HAVE...MS-8 is too much and rather "OVER KILL" IMO... So since I have or seem to be a entry level mid-grade good quality budget system, I just need something that fits the bill. Agree?

...and I didn't see the pics. I will look for em
Old 01-22-2012, 07:19 PM
Team Owner

I know I know...MS-8 is the shyt! But I don't have...or willing to spend MS-8 money. I also believe for what I HAVE...MS-8 is too much and rather "OVER KILL" IMO... So since I have or seem to be a entry level mid-grade good quality budget system, I just need something that fits the bill. Agree?

...and I didn't see the pics. I will look for em
I posted them in this old thread: https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-audio-bluetooth-electronics-navigation-94/finally-infinite-baffle-just-loud-sealed-lower-power-requirements-828032/

With everything put back together you can't tell there's a system in there even with the trunk open.

MS8 is neat especially for a beginner or if you're interested in 2 seat sound where it can give the best compromise for passenger and driver at the same time. I didn't realize the other processors were that cheap, I've been meaning to try one out for a while now.
Old 01-22-2012, 07:35 PM
21 Acura RDX Aspec

I posted them in this old thread: https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=828032

With everything put back together you can't tell there's a system in there even with the trunk open.

MS8 is neat especially for a beginner or if you're interested in 2 seat sound where it can give the best compromise for passenger and driver at the same time. I didn't realize the other processors were that cheap, I've been meaning to try one out for a while now.
I just saw it and posted in your thread. How can you "NOT TELL" from the trunk. That brings up a interesting fact and yet, another rookie dumb question. Do you guys add a back wall encloure to the rear? or is it only a wall cover? I noticed Jerry did the same but showing his magnet. So I didn't understand how is it free air IB if its closed off as if a enclosed box again... Sorry, I did say its another dumb rookie question. But if I don't know, I always ask regardless. THANKS!
Old 01-22-2012, 07:43 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
Guys, please remember to use the Multi-Quote button in the lower right hand corner of each post. It's the middle button....thanks!
Old 01-22-2012, 07:49 PM
21 Acura RDX Aspec

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
Guys, please remember to use the Multi-Quote button in the lower right hand corner of each post. It's the middle button....thanks!

Ahhhh hell! Just as I got the QUOTE button down now there is a "MULTI-QUOTE!?" Geeeeez Steve!!!

...as for a posted ad in DIYMA, I have to pay $30 to upgrade to post in the CLASSIFIED section. I am not a audio head or sound junkie and don't have any attentions to swapping, buying, upgrading...etc for that to be worth it. I have all I need with the exception of a LOC now. IDK, imo.

Last edited by JayVee; 01-22-2012 at 07:52 PM.
Old 01-22-2012, 07:58 PM
Team Owner

I just saw it and posted in your thread. How can you "NOT TELL" from the trunk. That brings up a interesting fact and yet, another rookie dumb question. Do you guys add a back wall encloure to the rear? or is it only a wall cover? I noticed Jerry did the same but showing his magnet. So I didn't understand how is it free air IB if its closed off as if a enclosed box again... Sorry, I did say its another dumb rookie question. But if I don't know, I always ask regardless. THANKS!
I have a cover that goes behind the subs that incorporates the factory plastic skipass door in it. Just a light wooden frame and a very thin material that looks pretty close to factory held in with velcro. It looks like a factory trunk but 7" shorter. I can take it out when I need every last bit of space but it's nice when I have to open the trunk with people around so no one knows I have subs back there. Air passes through it no problem so it has no effect on the subs like a box would.
Old 01-22-2012, 08:19 PM
Coolest A-zine Member

Ahhhh hell! Just as I got the QUOTE button down now there is a "MULTI-QUOTE!?" Geeeeez Steve!!!

...as for a posted ad in DIYMA, I have to pay $30 to upgrade to post in the CLASSIFIED section. I am not a audio head or sound junkie and don't have any attentions to swapping, buying, upgrading...etc for that to be worth it. I have all I need with the exception of a LOC now. IDK, imo.
You either don't have a high enough post count OR you're doing something wrong. Likely post count issue. I think you need 50
Old 01-22-2012, 09:04 PM
21 Acura RDX Aspec

testing MQ

Last edited by JayVee; 01-22-2012 at 09:08 PM.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:05 PM
21 Acura RDX Aspec

DAM IT! I clicked on MQ and made my message on the bottom but it didn't attach it to noting.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:06 PM
21 Acura RDX Aspec

I have a cover that goes behind the subs that incorporates the factory plastic skipass door in it. Just a light wooden frame and a very thin material that looks pretty close to factory held in with velcro. It looks like a factory trunk but 7" shorter. I can take it out when I need every last bit of space but it's nice when I have to open the trunk with people around so no one knows I have subs back there. Air passes through it no problem so it has no effect on the subs like a box would.
You either don't have a high enough post count OR you're doing something wrong. Likely post count issue. I think you need 50
That is really slick sounding IHC...Must post pics of it installed completely. As for TM, yeah I am sure it is because of the low post count. I only have maybe 7 I have a long way to go.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh... I see how u do it now!!! Ok STEVEN BELL...I got it!
Old 01-22-2012, 09:39 PM
Team Owner

That is really slick sounding IHC...Must post pics of it installed completely. As for TM, yeah I am sure it is because of the low post count. I only have maybe 7 I have a long way to go.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh... I see how u do it now!!! Ok STEVEN BELL...I got it!
Don't feel bad, it took me 3 years to find the button.
Old 01-22-2012, 10:20 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 69 Likes on 57 Posts
My back board has most of the board cut out with using acoustic carpet for covering. The sub sees no difference with/without the board.
Old 01-22-2012, 10:28 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by niebur3
My back board has most of the board cut out with using acoustic carpet for covering. The sub sees no difference with/without the board.
Hey Jerry, any kind of a special deal if I buy 3 of those 1200s? Like buy 1 get 2 free lol. Seriously though, I'm considering one to try out in the GF's car for my own selfish reasons.