Question on Viper Alarm/Starter

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 06:46 PM
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Talking Question on Viper Alarm/Starter

Hi everyone, so I'm thinking about installing an alarm/starter Viper 5902 on my 08 TL. I'm getting parts online and then have them installed to save some $. Here are what i'm getting:
Viper 5902
Bypass PKH34
Audio Glass Break Sensor (yah, been broken in)

Am I missing anything that is needed in order to complete the installation? Also, after the installation, will I still be able to use the lock/unlock/trunk pop functions on my Acura key?

Thanks for any input.
Old 03-23-2011, 07:01 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would recoment bying the parts and have them installed at the same location. If a worrenty issue comes up then you don't have to deal with anything. P.S. I work for a manufature of alarms and starters that is not Viper. So i will stay out of the what product to buy. However from my expirance as an installer and dealing with customers, I highly recomend getting both the equitment and the install at the same place. Some Companies don't suport warrenty on products purchased online. Just and FYI.....
Old 03-23-2011, 08:08 PM
Pro

Received 58 Likes on 54 Posts
OP looks like your all set to go . & you should be able to use the: lock/unlock/truck pop & window roll down from your factory key fob.

CarologistFB, I agree with you 100%.

But if you must buy it elsewhere from the place installing it, get some warranty coverage for it. Which was what I did, I got a three year warranty coverage on my 5901.
Old 03-23-2011, 08:14 PM
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by CarologistFB
I would recoment bying the parts and have them installed at the same location. If a worrenty issue comes up then you don't have to deal with anything. P.S. I work for a manufature of alarms and starters that is not Viper. So i will stay out of the what product to buy. However from my expirance as an installer and dealing with customers, I highly recomend getting both the equitment and the install at the same place. Some Companies don't suport warrenty on products purchased online. Just and FYI.....
+1 I'm one that buys stuff online and get them installed to save money. But i didnt want to take the chance on something like a remote start. Having the shop unstall it then try and get the online place to take it back, wait a couple weeks for it to come back and then reinstall. I have had my restart for about 2 months and love it. I just end up talking them down and basically payed for the unit only.

But I believe everything you list is what you need. Not sure tho.
Old 03-23-2011, 08:16 PM
Race Director

Received 1,794 Likes on 1,347 Posts
door lock interface module? or do you want it hardwired?
Old 03-24-2011, 07:34 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by nfnsquared
door lock interface module? or do you want it hardwired?
can you explain what is is exactly for.. please don't be too technical lol!
Old 03-24-2011, 02:07 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by umakemekissu
can you explain what is is exactly for.. please don't be too technical lol!
There are two ways to interface an alarm/starter to newer cars.

One way is threw the data wires on the car, the other is run one wire per function to that circit in the car.

The Data way tyipicaly requires less time and less wire conections in the car.

The Hardwired method is tried and true it works and is the older way of doing things.....

However not all cars will have a the ablity to use data. In some cases such as the 3g the data wires will work until the car is started and then they will not work. so you would have both styles of conections in the car. Not all Bypass and interface modules are the same.

I hope that this answers your question.
Old 03-24-2011, 02:21 PM
Race Director

Received 1,794 Likes on 1,347 Posts
Originally Posted by CarologistFB
.... In some cases such as the 3g the data wires will work until the car is started and then they will not work. so you would have both styles of conections in the car. Not all Bypass and interface modules are the same....
Huh? Not true. I have the canmax400dei doorlock/bypass combo module and I can lock and unlock doors while the car is running. Nothing is wire to wire, all data to data.
Old 03-24-2011, 03:32 PM
Racer

.... ok now im even more confused.. so which method should i do!? and how would i tell that to the installer? +_+
Old 03-24-2011, 04:11 PM
Pro

Received 58 Likes on 54 Posts
You should be set , I got the same set-up as you minus the Audio Glass Break Sensor & Viper 5901 instead of 5902.
Old 03-24-2011, 06:18 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by nfnsquared
Huh? Not true. I have the canmax400dei doorlock/bypass combo module and I can lock and unlock doors while the car is running. Nothing is wire to wire, all data to data.
nfnsquared
Depending on how the interface is locking and unlocking the doors..... I.E. threw the Keyless module, which is ignored when the car is running..(try locking/unlocking the car with the factory remote while it is running, in some makes of vehilce it doesn't work) with that said the interface module has wiring direction to make the use of the remote seemless to the end user... again not all interfaces are the same.....

umakemekissu
You are all set with what you were planing to have installed. You should not have any problems with that equitment....
Old 03-24-2011, 09:27 PM
Racer

ok.. thank you guys!!