Pulse timing for window up/down

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 08:28 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Pulse timing for window up/down

Does anyone know how close together the pulses ("Pulse" --> "Pulse-hold") have to be in order to roll the windows up/down? Like when you stick the key in the slot and turn and hold one direction or the other. I'm using a Dowontec ST-800 Push button start alarm with 2 aux outputs that I can setup to do either a pulse, or 1-7 seconds constant output, but in order to activate those auxillaries, you must hold a button down on the remote for 2 seconds, so I don't know if i could get the "pulse" and "Pulse-hold" close enough together? Also, does the polarity of the "pulse" determine if it goes up or down and is there any reason I can't tap into the pulse system to roll up remotely? Like when using the factory remote to roll the windows down, is that doing the same thing that the key is doing? Can I reverse the polarity to go up? I thought I saw somewhere that you can't go up because the key has to be in the keyhole to ground a wire in order for it to roll up? I know I've really drawn this out, but there's really only 2 questions above
Old 07-17-2011, 07:53 AM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if you pulse and pulse hold the arm wire the windows will go up. if you do it to the disarm wire the windows roll down. FYI this will also open close the sun roof. I have about a ten second pulse to ground for both arm/disarm and it works great. you can test to find your answer buy using a key in he door to see how long of a pause there can be and still work. if that doesnt work let me know i can get some thing drawn up for you.