Problem Iphone on Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 11:29 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Problem Iphone on Bluetooth

i'm having a problem with trying to hook my iphone up... is there something i have to do on the car's side to have bluetooth...

thanks
derek
Old 01-17-2008, 12:37 PM
Don't feed the...WTF?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Have you paired the phone with the car yet? Sorry if this is too obvious of an idea, but it sounds as though you may not have?
Old 01-17-2008, 12:55 PM
Intermediate

maybe that is my problem, the the blackberry i had i turned on the bluetooth and the car found it.. but when i turn it on the iphone... no luck.. so i think i'm doing something wrong
Old 01-17-2008, 01:07 PM
Intermediate

with my iphone i have to turn on bluetooth before i start the car in order for it to connect. if i turn on bluetooth after the car has already been started it won't connect.
Old 01-18-2008, 12:17 AM
3rd Gear

Wait...I assume you ran a new phone set-up through your car?
Old 01-18-2008, 01:20 PM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you have paired the device with the HFL, the BT feature on the phone has to be turned on when you start the car for HFL to re-link to the device automatically. If you enable BT on the phone after the car has started, the HFL might not always re-connect automatically.

Also, some phones (like BlackBerrys) will prompt you when the HFL attempts to link to your phone. The BlackBerry gives you the option of checking a box that tells it not ask again so that the next time it links you don't have to do anything else. Check that box and click "Yes" to connect to the HFL.

It's possible that the iPhone has the same kind of option.

Good luck!
Old 05-09-2008, 11:27 PM
ROFLCOPTER!

okay, i have an iphone and its pairing is horrible. If i dial from the phone, then it won't pick up in the HFL (even though it offers the option to transfer it to the car, keep it on the phone, or something else that I cannot recall now). HFL will also not transfer back to the phone when you want to get out of the car. WTF???!!!! This pisses me off.

My crappy FREE samsung could at least accomplish these simple tasks, albeit in the usual poor bluetooth kind of way. Anyone got suggestions? I think the bluetooth firmware needs updating or something...
Old 05-09-2008, 11:39 PM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by xen-cuts
okay, i have an iphone and its pairing is horrible. If i dial from the phone, then it won't pick up in the HFL (even though it offers the option to transfer it to the car, keep it on the phone, or something else that I cannot recall now). HFL will also not transfer back to the phone when you want to get out of the car. WTF???!!!! This pisses me off.

My crappy FREE samsung could at least accomplish these simple tasks, albeit in the usual poor bluetooth kind of way. Anyone got suggestions? I think the bluetooth firmware needs updating or something...
How would the phone know whether you want to use the car or the handset? All you need to do is push a simple button. Not the end of the world. And when you turn the car off, if you are in the middle of a call the HFL stays on until you transfer. So its not that inconvenient.
Old 05-11-2008, 07:49 PM
ROFLCOPTER!

Originally Posted by flydog
How would the phone know whether you want to use the car or the handset? All you need to do is push a simple button. Not the end of the world. And when you turn the car off, if you are in the middle of a call the HFL stays on until you transfer. So its not that inconvenient.
Okay so your reply isn't helpful.

Essentially, my old phone always gave me the change to change from HFL to headset as an option. When I wanted to leave the car, I didn't have to stop the conversation and switch...the phone just did it OR gave me the option to do it.

Stupid iPhone = nothing! I have looked through installer to fix this but haven't seen anything yet. Anyone got something that IS helpful (not just a suck it up statement... )
Old 05-12-2008, 11:02 AM
3rd Gear

Yeah, dialing from the iPhone is worthless. I just dial using HFL. It can be annoying at times.
Old 05-12-2008, 11:35 AM
ROFLCOPTER!

Originally Posted by Kama45
Yeah, dialing from the iPhone is worthless. I just dial using HFL. It can be annoying at times.
I wish someone like the Ziphone guy would fix this for us... I don't know enough about programming to add anything.