Problem with HFL outgoing sound quality

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 03:40 PM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Problem with HFL outgoing sound quality

I recently paired my Motorola E815 (Verizon) with my '05 TL. The incoming sound quality is excellent, but the outgoing is horrible. Everyone says that I sound like I'm in a wind tunnel. I have all the temp controls off, fan completely off and I still have the problem. The service department paired a different phone to the system and the sound quality was great. Just went to Verizon and got the brand new phone and software update today, didn't solve the problem. Called HFL tech support (Worthless). I have an appointment to have the microphone replaced on Friday. Anyone else had problems like this? Any solution?
Old 02-08-2006, 04:27 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by PDXTL
I recently paired my Motorola E815 (Verizon) with my '05 TL. The incoming sound quality is excellent, but the outgoing is horrible. Everyone says that I sound like I'm in a wind tunnel. I have all the temp controls off, fan completely off and I still have the problem. The service department paired a different phone to the system and the sound quality was great. Just went to Verizon and got the brand new phone and software update today, didn't solve the problem. Called HFL tech support (Worthless). I have an appointment to have the microphone replaced on Friday. Anyone else had problems like this? Any solution?
Note....if your windows are down or sunroof is open at all...it will sound like this too. But something tells me you have those covered too as you thought of the blower fan...
Old 02-08-2006, 05:14 PM
Mofo

Mine was working fine up until about a week ago, and now i have the 'wind tunnel effect' too
Old 02-08-2006, 05:39 PM
Advanced

My Verizon/ Motorola e815 does the same thing. If I use the handsfree, people can't understand me (wind noise or fluttering is the complaint). If I talk directly on the phone, it's clear as a bell. I've left messages on my answering machine using the handsfree and then transferred back to the phone, on the same call. Sound quality is night and day different.
I emailed HFL and was told to call customer service from a different phone, but in the car, and they will try to help. I haven't done that yet.
Old 02-08-2006, 06:35 PM
The DVD-A Script Guy

Received 184 Likes on 131 Posts
Sorry, just a guess here...

Is there any way to adjust the microphone gain in the HFL system ? If there is and it accidentally got maxed out that might cause all the in-car noise to get picked up.

Again, just a guess and not looking to start a hunt for a setting that might not exist.
Old 02-09-2006, 07:51 AM
Keep Right Except to Pass

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
Bear in mind that you're basically using a speakerphone (ever had to deal with one of those annoying people at the office who always uses the speaker). You're never going to sound the same as if you were using a conventional landline phone, or even a cell phone that you're holding in your hand. Your problem sounds far worse and may well be phone-related because I use a v710 and have never had any complaints of the sort you mention; the only person ever to complain about the sound is my father, but he seems to have problems on the regular phone so I suspect it has to do with him getting older.
Old 02-09-2006, 08:11 AM
Advanced

The service department paired a different phone to the system and the sound quality was great.

It sort of sounds like this might be a Motorola problem not an Acura problem.
Old 02-09-2006, 12:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Rick-H
It sort of sounds like this might be a Motorola problem not an Acura problem.

looks like a Motorola bluetooth connectivity problem maybe.
Old 02-09-2006, 12:17 PM
6th Gear

It's good to hear that I'm not the only one having this problem. I had my wife drive the car last night and I called her. The sound quality was fine while she was stopped, but once she started moving the sound became progressively worse. The service advisor already ordered a new microphone for Friday so we'll see if that helps. Could be one of the many rattles that is effecting the sound as well. I do want to say that the service advisor Rory at Ron Tonkin Acura is awesome and I have every confidence that we'll get this figured out.
Old 02-09-2006, 12:19 PM
Keep Right Except to Pass

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
Great avatar, mamboking.

--------------------
Old 02-15-2006, 11:14 AM
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Bluetooth

Samsung SGH-D600
According to the dealership, some phones just aren't compatible with the bluetooth system. I paired mine up with another TL at the dealership and...well the same thing happened. I don't get a reception bar on the screen and my outgoing ALSO has the "wind tunnel" affect...plus my feedback's pretty crappy too...

ANYONE? help i guess
Old 02-17-2006, 07:21 PM
6th Gear

UPDATE on my HFL system experience: Hate to say it but as far as Acura is concerned the system in my car is functioning as it should. I called client services on the advice of my service person and found them to be almost as F-ing unless as the handsfree link system. I have the option of talking to my region Acura rep the next time he happens to be at the dealership. Am I the only friggin person on the planet that doesn't get away with telling my clients,"I've done everything I can, guess you're F'd"??????? What is the rep gonna do? Maybe bring some KY to make the process just a tad bit more pleasant? I hate to be one of those cry baby screw Acura cheerleaders, but what a cluster. I guess I have the various squeaks and rattle to calm my nerves. Do you have to spend $50K on a Lexus to be marginally satisfied with the quality of your vehicle?
Old 03-04-2006, 02:34 AM
Cruisin'

Poor HF in TL, better in MDX

I have an 04 TL and the HF stinks. Same problem as everyone else. Callers sound great, I have to scream for them to hear me (and am a professional voice over announcer!). For what it's worth, my wife drives an 05 MDX and it is MUCH better. I can talk at a normal level and people hear me fine (same phone by the way - Nokia 6300). Guess they just didn't have it together in the 04 models.

UPDATE on my HFL system experience: Hate to say it but as far as Acura is concerned the system in my car is functioning as it should. I called client services on the advice of my service person and found them to be almost as F-ing unless as the handsfree link system. I have the option of talking to my region Acura rep the next time he happens to be at the dealership. Am I the only friggin person on the planet that doesn't get away with telling my clients,"I've done everything I can, guess you're F'd"??????? What is the rep gonna do? Maybe bring some KY to make the process just a tad bit more pleasant? I hate to be one of those cry baby screw Acura cheerleaders, but what a cluster. I guess I have the various squeaks and rattle to calm my nerves. Do you have to spend $50K on a Lexus to be marginally satisfied with the quality of your vehicle?
Old 07-31-2007, 11:18 AM
2nd Gear

Angry Bad outgoing HF audio too

I have the same issue described here. Pretty sure I didn't always have the issue, but I've switched phones a number of times (all Blackberries-7290, 8700, 8800).