Please Help, I'm Desperate

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2014, 12:58 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please Help, I'm Desperate

I got the iSimple unit model number ISHD571...finally got it in the mail a few days ago.
Today I am about to embark on a 15 hour road trip across the U.S. and would really appreciate being able to listen to my music. I installed the unit and plugged the iPod in, the head-unit recognizes the iPod - says "iPod Connected" as well as charges the iPod.
However, the music will not play through the speakers. Nor will the track/artist/album information display on the headunit.
I have an iPod nano 7th generation. Can anybody help me out here? I have to leave for my trip in 8 hours. is my iPod too new or something? I don't know what to do really.
Old 05-22-2014, 01:29 PM
Advanced

UPDATE

So I think my iPod is too new. I tried the girlfriend's iPod - a 6th gen and it works perfectly.
Well...worked.
While routing the cable with the car on and cable plugged in i accidentally unplugged the cable from the brain unit.
Before then I didn't have control from the iPod but I liked the way the head unit control was working....after unplugging I don't have control via the headunit but I do have control via the iPod.
Also, now it skips and changes songs sporadically. I'm not sure how to fix this.
Old 05-22-2014, 02:45 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 594 Likes on 457 Posts
Take it apart and do a hard reset. Instruuctions can be found at iSimple
Old 05-22-2014, 03:36 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by pohljm
Take it apart and do a hard reset. Instruuctions can be found at iSimple
Now it's just completely not working. When I scroll through the modes, its only cd, am, fm. No xm/ ipod anymore...
Old 05-22-2014, 08:35 PM
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
unplug your battery for 15 minutes to do a reset. keep your navi/radio code in hand and cross your fingers it works man. Let me know if it didnt work.
Old 05-23-2014, 04:50 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 594 Likes on 457 Posts
A hard reset will solve this issue. Open up the unit. take the cb out. look for the group of capacitors. There is one large cap in the group. turn cb over and short out large cap. done reinstall and enjoy
Old 05-26-2014, 06:24 AM
Advanced

I'm going to try both of these later on today, I would responded earlier but I didn't get reception on my trip :/