Pics of your iPod mounts/setup - post 'em up!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 09:07 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pics of your iPod mounts/setup - post 'em up!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd like to see pics of your iPod setup. Let's compare where everyone put theres and how.

Dash mounts vs. glove box vs. center console.

can you include the name of your mount and where you got it?

Even if you don't have pics, how about links to the places you got the mounts, etc?

I posted this on the RL board as well, but that board is mostly slow to dead in terms of these things, so I thought I'd do it here too.

I don't have any myself, but am looking for ideas on what I'm going to do with mine.
Old 01-25-2007, 09:17 AM
7th Gear

I think it depends on the iPod you have. I have an old monochrome iPod that is bright as hell at night and you can't change the brightness so I have it installed in the glove box. I have a mediagate device installed so I rarely use the iPod connection but since it came with the audio adapter, I had to do something with it.

If you have one of the newer iPod that has color and you can adjust the brightness, I think mounting it under the center console is ideal so you can see the current current track being played and it's in reach for changing songs/albums. Check our http://www.proclipusa.com/ for options.
Old 01-25-2007, 09:27 AM
Trucki!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I always like the Kuda mount for the TL, but here is one for the RL

http://www.kudausa.com/kuda_mount_an..._2005-1-3.html

I was never really a mount guy. I just drilled a hole in the back of the top shelf to run the ipod cord through. This allows me to just stuff the ipod in the shelf and close the door when I don't want it visable.
Old 01-25-2007, 09:52 AM
Hooksta

I didn't mount my iPod either. I just ran the power cord up from the center console and it sits nicely right here. I can even slide the armrest up to cover up 85% of both the phone and the iPod. That way it doesn't stand out for would be theives.

Old 01-25-2007, 10:24 AM
Got VTEC?

Here is my set-up. Sorry for the bad quality pics... dark environment with camera phone.

I use a Griffin iTrip and tune the radio to channel 88.3 to listen to my beats. LOL the iTrip is bigger than the actual iPod!

I then slip it into the lower compartment where the 12V charger is located. It fits nice and snug and I get great reception as the iPod is sitting flat and right under the radio.

Finally, if I want to change the song, I just reach each in and press the button with ease. This set-up works well for me but who knows, maybe one day I will get it hardwired in the glove compartment.

Matt