people cant hear me well on my bluetooth phone...why?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2005, 09:34 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
people cant hear me well on my bluetooth phone...why?

now that i finally got my bluetooth phone yesterday, i have a problem..
it seems that some people could hear me fine but other people i literally have to scream for them to hear me and sound quality is really bad....now is there a function where i could adjust speker volume so they could hear me better?
i have lg vx8100 thru verizon.....
Old 10-28-2005, 12:07 PM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Lightbulb

Perhaps it is the microphone. If you have the fan speed above level two and the center dash vents pointed upwards, it may be affecting the microphone from properly picking up your voice. The microphone is located in the overhead console, where the Homelink control buttons are located. These microphones can be sensitive to ambient noise in the cabin, and not picking up your voice well enough.

Next time this happens, see if you fan speed is above level 2 and the vents are not pointed upward, and of course the windows and sunroof are closed.
Old 10-28-2005, 12:49 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by TampaMike
Perhaps it is the microphone. If you have the fan speed above level two and the center dash vents pointed upwards, it may be affecting the microphone from properly picking up your voice. The microphone is located in the overhead console, where the Homelink control buttons are located. These microphones can be sensitive to ambient noise in the cabin, and not picking up your voice well enough.

Next time this happens, see if you fan speed is above level 2 and the vents are not pointed upward, and of course the windows and sunroof are closed.
okay i'll try that....thanx
Old 10-29-2005, 10:08 AM
Advanced

I had same issue with Motorola e815; my solution ...

Originally Posted by sjkforever
now that i finally got my bluetooth phone yesterday, i have a problem..
it seems that some people could hear me fine but other people i literally have to scream for them to hear me and sound quality is really bad....now is there a function where i could adjust speker volume so they could hear me better?
i have lg vx8100 thru verizon.....
I direct my voice to the TL mic; if it's loud in the car (e.g., at highway speeds), I will raise myself and lean toward the mic. I've recorded myself on my home answering machine and have noted a marked difference in voice quality -- plus, when I talk to my wife, she is no longer irritated with the quality of the transmission.

I actually use the Schwab 800 number to test (it's a voice recognition system); if he can understand me, it must be ok.

I think I can keep fully seated and speak loudly at the mic and still maintain good voice quality. But as soon as I hear a "huh?" from the other end, I will move closer. I think the taller folks have an advantage here due to their closer proximity to the mic (at 5' 6", I'm a little far away from the mic to get really good voice).

I hope this helps.

Dennis